PDA

View Full Version : What kind of game is this really?

Telemork
11-19-2018, 08:08 PM
I love this game and its both perfect and completely flawed at the same time

The realistic way of fighting 1vs1 is perfect. Sure, it needs a lot of work to even the playing field, but this is an upgraded version of games like tekken, and those kinds of fighting games. And thats what i see this game as. A modern, realistic fighting game. An upgrade of the arcade style games.
The problem is that on a competitive level, its so broken that people cant bother getting invested enough.

1vs1 and 2vs2 is still a lot of fun, but it doesnt feel like thats the main focus of the game. Which i find strange as the whole combat system is based on this kind of fighting. This leaves these kinds of servers emptier.

Then there are the other modes. I love the idea of them, but its basically moving around and fighting 1 hit mobs with a very limited amount of moves (which makes that part a pain in the ***) And getting ganged up by enemy players as soon as youre about to do some fun lock-on action.
And on top of that, you have those 1 hit mobs swarming you and be just annoying enough to ruin your match (if youre lucky enough to fight 1on1) but not worth getting out of the way as there is a bunch more just pouring in.

In any other mode than 1vs1 or 2vs2, it would be a better game if it had a more flowing battlesystem.
I just dont understand what the game wants to be. It has great potential, but i think it needs to choose a side. fast paced action or a presition fighting game.

I would personally prefer it as a presition fighting game, and they could do things in the bigger battles to even it out.

This is just an example.
A horn calls out and you get the message on screen to come to A, B, C or maybe twice at the same time. The first 2 to get there gets into a timed battle where no one else can enter, and the winning team gains that spot or resources.
Sometimes its 1vs1 and sometimes its 2vs2. And this goes on and on through the battle.

What do you think?

DefiledDragon
11-20-2018, 01:04 AM
I respect your opinion, however, in my opinion this game has nothing on Tekken as a 1 v 1 fighting game. Saying that though, as a 4 v 4 3rd person hack and slash it has no equal. That's not to say it's perfect, but it's pretty much the only thing available.

I enjoy it, for the most part. I would never entertain the idea of competitive duels, although competitive 4 v 4's might be something they could aspire towards.

They need to make defending more difficult because as it is, it's way too easy and far too rewarding when you parry your opponent, especially lights.

it's a decent game. The visuals and audio are great and the executions are mostly excellent but it ain't no Tekken.