PDA

View Full Version : Crushing Counterstrike Obselete?

T35TUD0
11-19-2018, 02:34 AM
Hey guys,

I was just in practice mode as the Warden (My Main) for a while trying to work on using crushing counterstrike.
But then I realised, is there much point in even using it?
It's a lot harder to pull off than a normal parry, and if said parry is successful you're confirmed two light attacks anyways.

Are there some stats that I've missed that actually explain that the Crushing Counterstrike deals more damage, or costs less stamina? Either way, surely because of how hard it is to pull off and how rarely you would use it, it's not worth the hassle anyways.

I understand that it is simply just something to add to the arsenal but surely the moveset can be made more pure by perhaps reworking this ability, in some way.

Wasn't sure whether this post belonged in General Discussion or Feedback & Suggestions, so I'll just leave it in General Discussion.

Thanks, and have a good day!
T35TUD0

Devils-_-legacy
11-19-2018, 02:39 AM
Hey guys,

I was just in practice mode as the Warden (My Main) for a while trying to work on using crushing counterstrike.
But then I realised, is there much point in even using it?
It's a lot harder to pull off than a normal parry, and if said parry is successful you're confirmed two light attacks anyways.

Are there some stats that I've missed that actually explain that the Crushing Counterstrike deals more damage, or costs less stamina? Either way, surely because of how hard it is to pull off and how rarely you would use it, it's not worth the hassle anyways.

I understand that it is simply just something to add to the arsenal but surely the moveset can be made more pure by perhaps reworking this ability, in some way.

Wasn't sure whether this post belonged in General Discussion or Feedback & Suggestions, so I'll just leave it in General Discussion.

Thanks, and have a good day!
T35TUD0

It deals the same as a heavy I think so it would make getting a cc on a top heavy better then the 2 lights

MarshalMoriarty
11-19-2018, 02:49 AM
Its a good move that deals a lot of damage and chains into his Heavy finisher. Warden's side light double is also good but the 2nd light isn't very powerful.

The best reason to use CC is that it spooks opponents into not using top attacks, once you've demonstrated your ability and willingness to use it. That takes a lot of dangerous moves off the table.

EvoX.
11-19-2018, 03:55 AM
Warden's Crushing Counter deals 55 damage (40 initial strike + confirmed top light 15), a podium spot in the most damaging moves in the game. It's definitely way better than a parry if you could safely choose, as it deals massive damage and allows to flow into SB mixups.

However, all Crushing Counters in the game have a delay on the start of their active frames, something that parries don't. This, combined with a probable guard switch, which takes another 100ms to go through, makes it impossible to use on reaction to light attacks. You will either have to predict a top light is coming, or just do the ''safe'' thing and only attempt to CC heavy attacks.

T35TUD0
11-20-2018, 01:07 AM
Warden's Crushing Counter deals 55 damage (40 initial strike + confirmed top light 15), a podium spot in the most damaging moves in the game. It's definitely way better than a parry if you could safely choose, as it deals massive damage and allows to flow into SB mixups.

However, all Crushing Counters in the game have a delay on the start of their active frames, something that parries don't. This, combined with a probable guard switch, which takes another 100ms to go through, makes it impossible to use on reaction to light attacks. You will either have to predict a top light is coming, or just do the ''safe'' thing and only attempt to CC heavy attacks.

This is an awesome reply. Thank you very much.
I'll do as you suggested and just practice using CC on top heavy attacks.

p0wn3rki11
11-20-2018, 07:19 AM
Warden's Crushing counterstrike deals quite a lot of damage, and i do believe guarantees a second top light, plus that goes into some combo mindgames for warden off of it. Plus it stops combos dead and puts you on the offensive. It is still very powerful and very dangerous.

Illyrian_King
11-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Crushing Counter is in fact stronger, as it deals 40dmg and you get a guaranteed light follow-up with 15dmg.

All in all it deals 55dmg, which is more then Shaman's bite (50dmg).