PDA

View Full Version : Nerf all grenades

OhHowSheGoingEh
11-19-2018, 02:17 AM
Why wasn't the fire flask nerfed as well when the grenades and catapult were nerfed? The fire flask does 60 damage by the time you get out, it lingers there for 20 seconds preventing the enemy from passing through it and it detonates within half a second after it lands.

MarshalMoriarty
11-19-2018, 02:24 AM
Probably because it affects your team quite harshly too and the effect can be troublesome if you're not careful about where you place it.

You really can mess your team up if you just chuck fire flasks without thinking. Its fine IMO.

OhHowSheGoingEh
11-19-2018, 02:34 AM
You can also demolish the enemy team too.

MarshalMoriarty
11-19-2018, 02:50 AM
Its a lvl 4 Feat. Is there a reason it shouldn't be able to do that?

Illyrian_King
11-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Lol bomb and catapult feats got nerfed to utter futility.

I would rather revert the changes then continue to nerf.

DefiledDragon
11-19-2018, 02:20 PM
Catapult is pretty much useless against other players now. I would rather they had replaced it with something better but if they're going to keep it, just put it back to how it was. I hated it, but they might as well have removed it altogether for how utterly pointless it is following the nerf.

SangLong524
11-19-2018, 02:36 PM
The horribleness and impotence of current grenades arent enough? There is no point of nerfing something into obscurity. They are nearly obsolete now.
And what make you stay in the fire zone?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-19-2018, 03:10 PM
Compared to the arrow feat it was overpowered. Im not saying it should have been Nerfed I'm saying its easier for them to Nerf than make arrow storm viable.
I actually like the Nerf. I always thought catapults, arrows and javelins should be random in battle. Definitely not something you should be able to cheese a win from. Fire flask should be Nerfed to or taken out of the game. It should all be Nerfed (those that are overpowered that is) until all characters have access to all feats to chose from for better balancing and a more competitive playing field.

Illyrian_King
11-19-2018, 04:12 PM
When got killed by a pre-nerf catapult (which didn't happen a lot), I never felt cheated or some like that.

It is a tier4 feat with enormous cooldown and it was pretty reactable. Now even knocked down OOS people can stand up and walk out of the circle. It's ridiculous.

Bombs were a bit too strong, but the nerf was too much. I unequiped all bomb and catapult feats. They are useless now.

Hormly
11-20-2018, 02:45 AM
Nerfing bombs was the best thing to happen in a long time. Remove all bombs I say

The_B0G_
11-20-2018, 01:33 PM
Bombs should have been nerfed differently, they should have reduced it to one or two bombs before the cooldown on the 4th feat and kept it as it was damage wise. Catapult is utterly useless now, I used it one match and immediately removed it, it can be avoided by a brisk walk to the side now.

UbiInsulin
11-20-2018, 11:29 PM
Seems like kind of mixed feedback in here. I know people used to request they be nerfed or even removed all the time.

SangLong524
11-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Seems like kind of mixed feedback in here. I know people used to request they be nerfed or even removed all the time.
Well, i certainly never asked. However, i didnt mind tweaks here and there. if this is an attempt at calming the torrents of tears, then it is a massive success. Noone with enough sense will use grenades now, unless in a heavy gank team. They arent even good at clearing minions. Except arrow storm and fire flask.
Most grenades are supremely terrible to use, even the guardian can jog out of the blast zone with some time to spare. Just b4 the nerf one had to sprint out of the blast zone and stuns guaranteed a hit. Now, anyone can walk out, even in OOS.
They fails in their supposed strategic uses and they fails as a level 4 feat.

DefiledDragon
11-21-2018, 01:03 PM

There is a middle ground between ridiculously effective and utterly useless. I think most people would have been happy with something in between rather than going from one to the other.

Devils-_-legacy
11-21-2018, 02:48 PM

I'm happy with the changes tbh I haven't seen a bomb squad since the change and I'm glad it always felt cheap getting loads of damage from the bombs