PDA

View Full Version : The Devs trashed this game

jeffero77
11-18-2018, 09:35 PM
I don't know how every decision they make goes from bad to worse but For Honor is pretty much unenjoyable on console. It's your biggest player base and you still cater to the 10 PC players worldwide?

Even the slightest latency issue makes this game unplayable and it seems Ubi is going full steam ahead in this light attack, unblockable spam fest they've created and it utterly baffles me.

For Honor will continue to be a great idea executed poorly and then set on fire by Devs who seemingly willingly refuse to listen to their community.

How y'all stick around I fail to comprehend.

MuscleTech12018
11-18-2018, 10:51 PM
We're not as much as you or Ubisoft wants to think, so chill, in terms of sales, playerbase, this game is a big fail/flop for a " triple A" publisher.

SangLong524
11-18-2018, 11:04 PM
I agree that latency impacts the game greatly but the rest.... how dramatic!

Devils-_-legacy
11-19-2018, 02:16 AM
We're not as much as you or Ubisoft wants to think, so chill, in terms of sales, playerbase, this game is a big fail/flop for a " triple A" publisher.

For a new ip I don't think its done that badly

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-19-2018, 04:07 AM
For a new ip I don't think its done that badly
Currently no but it was a crap show when it first came out and was worse than many betas for about a year.

Knight_Raime
11-19-2018, 05:21 AM
"For Honor is pretty much unenjoyable on console."

I play on console. I have fun. claim=busted.

"It's your biggest player base and you still cater to the 10 PC players worldwide?"

Doesn't matter how many pc players there are. When you make a game for competitive you balance from the top down. A poor player can improve as a player. A skilled player can't get less skilled.

"Even the slightest latency issue makes this game unplayable."

This is true for all platforms and any fighting game.

"unblockable spam fest."

Woah haven't heard that one in awhile.

"For Honor will continue to be a great idea executed poorly."

Some what agreeable. But I'd rather focus on what I do enjoy than stew in my own frustration.

"seemingly willingly refuse to listen to their community."

They do listen, and a lot of the changes to both characters and the game can be credited to the community. The issue is that they try to cater to everyone. And they don't communicate often enough and open enough.

"How y'all stick around I fail to comprehend."

I too am puzzled why negative players like yourself can manage to devote time and energy to something you truly don't like instead of moving on. We're all aware of FH's issues. We don't need people like you to waste our time with reminders. If you've left and aren't returning there is zero point for you to be here.

Tundra 793
11-19-2018, 07:12 AM
"For Honor is pretty much unenjoyable on console."

I play on console. I have fun. claim=busted.

You're both right and wrong. Fun is subjective, so we can't really quantify how enjoyable the game is. The only way I can still enjoy it, is either with my premade group of friends, or vs. the AI on a good day.

"It's your biggest player base and you still cater to the 10 PC players worldwide?"

Doesn't matter how many pc players there are. When you make a game for competitive you balance from the top down. A poor player can improve as a player. A skilled player can't get less skilled.

You're probably right in saying that, but I still feel like For Honor ought to be balanced according to the largest playerbase, and the average skill level of that playerbase.

"For Honor will continue to be a great idea executed poorly."

Some what agreeable. But I'd rather focus on what I do enjoy than stew in my own frustration.

I agree with Jeff entirely, but that is some proper good wisdom.

"How y'all stick around I fail to comprehend."

To be fair; A lot of community members and players didn't. We've lost some really good folk over the years, and it's no ones fault, but the game.

The game had sold over 700,000 digital copes in February 2017. Make no mistake; For Honor's a success, especially for a new IP in a rather niche genre. We're well past 1 million total sales.

Knight_Raime
11-19-2018, 11:14 AM
You're both right and wrong. Fun is subjective, so we can't really quantify how enjoyable the game is. The only way I can still enjoy it, is either with my premade group of friends, or vs. the AI on a good day.

You're probably right in saying that, but I still feel like For Honor ought to be balanced according to the largest playerbase, and the average skill level of that playerbase.

I agree with Jeff entirely, but that is some proper good wisdom.

To be fair; A lot of community members and players didn't. We've lost some really good folk over the years, and it's no ones fault, but the game.

The game had sold over 700,000 digital copes in February 2017. Make no mistake; For Honor's a success, especially for a new IP in a rather niche genre. We're well past 1 million total sales.

I disagree. I do think that all skill levels should be considered. But I don't think any change should be made to the game that would harm the higher brackets just to appease the lower brackets. Because as i've said these average players are capable of getting better. Shrinking the ceiling doesn't benefit the game or anyone in the long run. As long as the game intends to foster a competitive experience from top down is the only way to go.

This doesn't mean it's impossible to make changes that benefit top tier and benefit mid tier as well.

Tyrjo
11-19-2018, 11:55 AM
I moved from PS4 to PC and it's the best decision I made with this game. The best part of it is that I haven't spent a single dime on it, since I claimed the Starter edition during E3. I will continue to not spend a single dime on it until I can move all my stuff I unlocked and all my steel from the PS4 account to the PC account.

p0wn3rki11
11-20-2018, 01:29 PM

"seemingly willingly refuse to listen to their community."

They do listen, and a lot of the changes to both characters and the game can be credited to the community. The issue is that they try to cater to everyone. And they don't communicate often enough and open enough.
.[/B]

I disagree with your usage of the word "skill" when referring to platforms, it has been clear for a while that console version runs differently (poorly) compared to PC resulting in some things being an issue that aren't as bad on PC, namely light spam. This is likely one of the reasons he and a lot of people are upset, though you are right that the higher skilled playerbase should be taken into with more credit than the lower skilled. They know a bit more after all.

But on the second quote you hit it on the head, Ubi desperately wants everyone to be happy, but that can't happen, and with how game publishers are these days and how jumpy backers are, it is likely that they don't want to outright say "hey, we are having issues with balancing everything right now" lest the ones with the money jump ship, afraid that something bad will happen. Which sucks because it is what we need, I for one would be less mad at the problems in the game if i at least were told they were trying and just having issues.

ytrecvbnm
11-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Consoles and pc need separate balancing.

kbm and a controller are completely different and something that works with one fails miserably with the other.