PDA

View Full Version : Are 400ms lights reactable on block?

Georg_Reshetov
11-17-2018, 11:40 PM
Many people tell me every day that everyone can parry 400ms attacks like PKs zone, orochis lights and more every time on reaction, but in my 800+ hours in the game, I never met anyone who can actually do that. Weren't assassins supposed to be overpowered just because of that?

I recently also made a poll, asking exactly that and 43% said "yes, the majority of the playerbase can react to 400ms)

Tellahane
11-18-2018, 01:27 AM
After a couple hours of practicing against and orochilvl 3 bot light attack spam no cooldown I can maybe block 30% of the time on my PS4 setup and that's mostly on if I guess right on which side it's probably going to come from...it's definitely a hard thing to do. I've seen some players block/party almost 90% of the time which is crazy, it's worse when it's a Smurf account which I'm seeing WAY too much of lately....

Knight_Raime
11-18-2018, 03:25 AM
400ms lights are only unreactable when they are delayed. As that puts them at their correct speed of 300 something ms. If the 400ms attack is buffered (meaning it's inputted during an attack animation) it's slower because of a bug. Specifically around 67ms slower. Bots don't know how to delay attacks so all of theirs come out buffered.

Platform also is irrelevant. PC players can't react to properly delayed 400ms attacks. Anyone who's saying the can is a lying. People who parry 400ms lights are probably doing it based on a read. This includes pk's zone. So...yes. While it's possible to react to buffered 400ms attacks it's not possible to react to delayed ones.

EvoX.
11-18-2018, 06:35 AM
Kay, and I'm the top 1 FH player across all platforms and all regions. See how easy it is to lie online? Regular 400ms lights are semi-reactable, delayed ones are not.

Anyway, soon there will be no such thing as a 500ms light attack, so you'll be hearing those stories a lot more, I imagine.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-18-2018, 06:48 AM
Both Knight and evo are correct.

Vendelkin
11-18-2018, 08:58 AM
On console 400ms light is unreactable for blocking purposes, but IS reactable for parry (because of the 100ms guard switch frames, and parry's lack of switch frames)
So if you are on PC you should be able to learn to react, if you are on console you have to learn to parry or predict/perfect dodge.

Knight_Raime
11-18-2018, 12:40 PM
On console 400ms light is unreactable for blocking purposes, but IS reactable for parry (because of the 100ms guard switch frames, and parry's lack of switch frames)
So if you are on PC you should be able to learn to react, if you are on console you have to learn to parry or predict/perfect dodge.

Platform does not matter. proper delayed 400ms lights are unreactable. buffered 400ms lights are not 400ms attacks and thus are not important for the discussion. Since delayed lights are their proper speeds.

Soldier_of_Dawn
11-18-2018, 08:44 PM
If 400ms lights are here to stay and there is going to be more of them, then the damage needs to be nerfed. The reward for them is too high and I don't want this game to devolve into a light spam fest. Mix-ups and reactable soft-feints are the way forward.

Tellahane
11-18-2018, 09:44 PM
As a noob(see how easy it is to be honest) how does one delay a light are you meaning if you fire a 400ms light and buffer the next it's actually 467ms light? Unless you wait for the 400ms to finish and then fire another light?

RoyalAhole
11-19-2018, 06:23 PM
From my experience on PC, I get parried a lot if I just throw them 400ms lights...it's unbelievable.

Klingentaenz3r
11-21-2018, 01:09 PM
From my experience on PC, I get parried a lot if I just throw them 400ms lights...it's unbelievable.

that might be due to your predictablity playing a major role in that. Also as Knight_Raime said it before if those attacks would be buffered they are somewhat slower and hence more likely to be parried (even though strictly speaking the buffered/slower ones have smaller parry window and are easier to block while the delayed ones have a bigger one but are harder to block -> source : freeze's latest video).

As a noob(see how easy it is to be honest) how does one delay a light are you meaning if you fire a 400ms light and buffer the next it's actually 467ms light? Unless you wait for the 400ms to finish and then fire another light?

yes (only shaolin has this combo of 400 ms opener into 400 ms combo light btw and only for top in both cases).

AramenThePiper
11-21-2018, 03:03 PM
When buffered, they are semi-reactable, when delayed, they're unreactable.
I've fought a couple of very good players and streamers and I've seen them every time try to predict and parry my attacks, and as you can expect, some times they could parry me, sometimes they could not.