PDA

View Full Version : Warden regret and insane difficulty

CHSilver
11-17-2018, 11:05 PM
This is my first message on the For Honor forums.

Let me first say that I don't believe that makes a difference, my opinion is just as valid as someone who puts way more time into this game as I do. I paid my money, and I have played this game even before its release. I followed the game from the first time I saw gameplay at E3 some years ago. I am a For Honor fan.

I don't appreciate the amount of frustration needlessly brought to me by the Weekly Challenge in Arcade mode. It was the first thing I played in the Marching Fire expansion. And it's the first time I had buyers' regret.

I've played Warden as my main since day 1. I have other characters levelled up, but Warden suits my aesthetic and playstyle the best. I loved the Warden rework, although some of the things that make Warden very vulnerable to other characters still remains. No matter how good my gear is, some moves I make leave me ridiculously open to attack.

I can't get past this damned Valkyrie on the first level of the weekly arcade challenge. No matter how many times I feel I correctly input the timing on blocks, parries, or dodges, the high level Valk still gets to single combo me and there's never anything I can do about it.

Don't tell me to "get gud." I don't care how much you waste your life learning the most minute details of this game. I don't have the time to give to it. I just want to enjoy a game that I love.

I'm entitled to enjoy the game I bought and I'm entitled to earn the damn effects that I want.

Ubisoft, you suck. Stop punishing me for playing your game.

chukblok
11-17-2018, 11:13 PM
I hear you. its hard as heck. I was able to beat it because bots cannot deal with Highlander caber toss. Ive got the effect for HL and Raider. Have not tried Warden. they are looking into reducing bot level in arcade fyi.

bannex19
11-17-2018, 11:20 PM
"they are looking into reducing bot level in arcade fyi"

Coming in 2020...

First they want to revisit reactable attacks like 400ms lights and make them harder to react to.

CHSilver
11-17-2018, 11:20 PM
Thanks for replying. It's definitely cathartic to my seething rage right now... I play HL too and I'm (probably) better with HL than I am with Warden haha... If I'm honest with myself. Congrats on getting the effect! Maybe one day I'll be able to earn it for Warden. Maybe not. I hear it's actually harder of you bring in a friend with you.

Ubiflowessence
11-17-2018, 11:44 PM
Hey CHSilver!

First, I'd like to say welcome to the forums since its your first time posting! Also, thank you for sharing your feedback! I can tell you that the fight team is aware of the feedback from the community and their frustrations with the bots in Arcade mode, especially level 3 bots. We will continue to send in feedback on this topic from the community. :)

chukblok
11-18-2018, 12:05 AM
Thanks for replying. It's definitely cathartic to my seething rage right now... I play HL too and I'm (probably) better with HL than I am with Warden haha... If I'm honest with myself. Congrats on getting the effect! Maybe one day I'll be able to earn it for Warden. Maybe not. I hear it's actually harder of you bring in a friend with you.

So if you are going to play HL..
phase 1: honestly start with caber toss followed by 1 unblockable, bot will fall back, stay in offense, caber toss to unblockable - repeat. you wont even get hit once
phase 2: dont even fight them..run to the left, down ladder, wait by ledge with health buffs - ledge both (will take a few tries but keep at it until it works
phase 3: honestly. its 2 valks. use the Exact same tactic on phase 1...the second valk doesnt aggro for a bit and she bleeds to death anyways.
phase 4: hardest. honestly engage the 2 in middle, focus on blocks, revenge builds quick for you, pop revenge and just spam his zone...

so you are guaranteed to get 2 of the 4 effects upon first clear...but it took me 7 times clearing to get effect for idle/exec/free roam/combat

it is so frustrating but keep at it. no idea how to do it without HL and caber toss..didnt try

Vendelkin
11-18-2018, 09:19 AM
I'll admit that the valkyrie first fight is pretty dang awful.

but weekly quest is designed with very high end late game players in mind, and hard to reach rewards. Personally making it any easier isn't the right choice.

Sure you can't get the effect, but you can always step it down a notch to random quests one level below the highest difficulty if you need, or are just looking for a decently challenging but fun arcade.

That being said I totally understand your rage. first time I fought phase one valk I beat her on my 5th try. Got supper lucky and perfect bounced her in a flame spot (thats what they give you the knockback buff for BTW)
But the second time I attempted her (with my same character the aramusha) I got wrecked. Probably took me 45 minutes to pass chapter one. The other three tho magically ended up being a breeze for me today never needing more than 5 attempts @_@ So I understand your rag, but I still feel the difficulty is exciting and demanding in a unique way.
As many have said total rep level isnt what matter (especially since a lot of people power level vs AI), but in case you wondered I have ~ 60 total rep now.

EvoX.
11-19-2018, 04:35 AM
What a load of bull. You're not entitled to anything more than what the amount of time and effort you spend for nets you. Arcade was never advertised to hand you a bunch of stuff just like that - in fact, it was said the highest levels, and even more so Weekly Quests, were going to be aimed at experienced players, or those who want a challenge. From what I'm reading, it's not even that you're complaining about its lackluster design, or how boring it is, or how the effect isn't guaranteed on a clear: you're upset because you can't get past the first Valkyrie.

Take your main since day 1 and learn how to beat level 3 AI. All you have to do is parry or dodge-SB. In Arcade there are none of the PvP drawbacks like latency and faster attacks, everything is smooth and ideal. Belittling players for spending time on the game while deeming yourself entitled definitely isn't the right approach to getting the effect, which, by the way, is one of the very few things in the game you cannot obtain with real money, and requires at least a bit of skill to get.

It's either that... or you wait until the upcoming nerf to level 3 AI. If even that doesn't help you, then you simply won't get the effect.

MarshalMoriarty
11-19-2018, 04:43 AM
I agree with Evo. A game or a game mode doesn't owe you a completion just because you bought it.