PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha - Lights

Xeith98zz
11-17-2018, 05:45 PM
I have been playing this game since its conception, and never have I ever *****ed on here about a hero. However, I feel as if Aramusha, sincerely, needs a rework/lights slowed down. Hes a great character all around. But I certainly don't feel its fair for one hero in the game to be borderline "********". Im sure it he will get the time of day he deserves.

Im in no way shape or form a pro player, nor do I often participate in ranked play. Im of decent rep and have put countless hours into this game and I feel its a necessity to fix this hero. Orochi? Easy to counter light spam. Berserker, the same. Shaolin? Also easy in my opinion. Regardless, everyone can take this "**** post" as they see fit. But its still ********.

P.s; refrain from trash talking or belittling me or anyone else who has the same thoughts. I dont care how big your **** is.

Herbstlicht
11-17-2018, 06:07 PM
But his lights are only 500 ms. We have faster and less telegraphed heroes as well as some with simply way superior moveset. So posting this besides Aramusha beeing very limited and weak overall won't get you much understanding. If you have no problem with 400 ms monk attacks, how can musha beat you with 500ms opener, 500ms chain or 400ms feint lights that have fixed directions even? I mean please elaborate, I just don't get it. Or is it just a "well I know he isnt op but I hate him so nerf him" post?

Knight_Raime
11-17-2018, 08:00 PM
all of his lights are 500ms with a 200ms delay in between each one. His deadly feinted lights are 400ms but that's telegraphed by his heavy finisher animation. Which you can back dodge on reaction to avoid anything aramusha tries to punish your back dash with. They already nerfed him. he doesn't need more nerfs.

UbiInsulin
11-17-2018, 08:22 PM
These changes just happened with Marching Fire (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-336363-16/patch-2010), so I'm sure the team is monitoring the results:

Side Heavy damage increased to 40 damage (from 30).
Infinite Top Light damage increased to 16 (from 12).
All Deadly Feint attacks are normalized to 400ms (sides were 500ms).
Side Heavy Opener now causes a Medium Hit Reaction (was Heavy Hit Reaction).
Side Light Cancels now cause a Light Hit Reaction (was Medium Hit Reaction).
Infinite Top Light is now 500ms (was 400ms).
Side Heavy Opener, Top Light Opener, Infinite Top Light, Infinite Top Heavy and Deadly Feint now branch to Infinite Light at 200 ms into the Hit Recovery (was 100ms).

Developer comment: Aramusha has been in a difficult place in terms of player perception.
o Aramusha seems too strong for newer players to handle but at the same time, too weak for top players to use. This patch will not solve all the issues, but the intention is that we make small improvements for both types of players. The most important change is about clarity.
o The Timing Changes mean that the Side Heavy no longer guarantees a Top Light, which should help players understand when they can block, and when they were just too late to react. Furthermore, the nerfs to the Tempest Chain are meant to make it easier for entry level opponents to defend against, while the buffs to Deaf Feint are meant to help Aramusha players have an offensive option at higher level of play.

iadvisoryi
11-17-2018, 09:42 PM
I have been playing this game since its conception, and never have I ever *****ed on here about a hero. However, I feel as if Aramusha, sincerely, needs a rework/lights slowed down. Hes a great character all around. But I certainly don't feel its fair for one hero in the game to be borderline "********". Im sure it he will get the time of day he deserves.

Im in no way shape or form a pro player, nor do I often participate in ranked play. Im of decent rep and have put countless hours into this game and I feel its a necessity to fix this hero. Orochi? Easy to counter light spam. Berserker, the same. Shaolin? Also easy in my opinion. Regardless, everyone can take this "**** post" as they see fit. But its still ********.

P.s; refrain from trash talking or belittling me or anyone else who has the same thoughts. I dont care how big your **** is.

I'm not going to belittle you, but I am going to give you some tips because what you posted about is the farthest thing from fact.

Idc what you consider fast when it comes to lights, his are slower than (I'm going to name them all for you) valkarie, orochi, berzerker, shinobi, kensi top, lawbringer top, Shaolin, nuxia, tiandi, and there could be more.

His lights ARE reactable, if he throws a side attack, his next attack HAS to be top, if he throws a top attack his next attack HAS TO BE on the side, or he can stop the chain. If he hits you with a top light, and goes into a side heavy, you can back dash at anytime and it won't catch you, it will break his chain and create an opening. If you can't distinguish his heavy from lights then that is up to you to use the tools the game gives you to practice because they are very different in animation and speed.

Aramushas will almost never use a heavy attack from the side to start their combo, his combo starters are mostly a top light, a dashing top heavy (where he gets armor), or his zone.

To recap: if your caught in his chain, when you see him throwing a heavy, back dash. If he's using his infanite and just going from top-side-top-side with lights, now you know exactly where to block. If you are fighting a turtling aramusha (if they exist) faint an attack and guard break after to make him whiff his stance.

Please look to improving yourself before you harshly blame the character, he was already bad before they nerfed him and he's worse now. One of the worst in the entire game. He's needed a buff for awhile, he lacks an opener.

FrozenWritter
11-18-2018, 12:32 AM
As fast as he was he still was a bad hero, now he is a slow and bad hero.
Makes you wonder why he would even use two swords.

EvoX.
11-18-2018, 06:46 AM
What you wrote is as far from the truth and actual state of Aramusha as can be. The game currently has 22 heroes, and he's in the top 3 worst/weakest/least viable ones.

He needs a buff, badly. You will have to get accustomed to him now, because when his time comes it will be much harder.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-18-2018, 07:03 AM
I don't see why we are nerfing all these bad heros. I get that some of them are noob grinders but isn't that the point. Personally I don't like aramusha as he is just another spam character to me but I feel like he should be denerfed for the simple fact of the outcry I've seen for him. Pk mains knew that she was over powered and we're willing to except a Nerf but I don't think they wanted her stomped to the dirt like she had been. Warlord is like aramusha. He is a noob ledger but he has already been Nerfed too much as it is. Ubisoft has to know that when they Nerf a character for little reason they are probably pissing off 1 out of every 22 people. That's a lot of fans to make jaded for no reason at all.

Vendelkin
11-18-2018, 08:56 AM
Other people have just as fast light combos, with less predictably. AND aramusha has less in his kit opener,shove,direct mixup to GB or knockdown as many others.

Aramusha is actually widely considered weak right now because of his lack of openers and predictability. He always has to go side top side top unless he feints heavy finishers. Other characters such as PK, Orochi, Valkyrie, Nuxia, and kinda shaolin all can do even worse (except maybe shaolin his has some restrictions on it too) because they have 400ms light combos. Aramusha's actualyl already got nerfed to 500ms. Seriously aramusha is a character that needs a buff more than most. This isn't me trying to be offensive, so don't read into it that way, but aramusha's who just light spam are actually the less skilled aramushas who just like to noob stomp. Good aramusha's will be feinting all sorts of things even on openers to wreck your day.

I also don't care how big your **** is..... honestly opening with that tho is asking for someone to troll you. It's best to just ignore trash talk rather than call people out on it from the get go, especially when you are (in some peoples viewpoints) trashing on a character.

ANYWAYS to get better at aramusha you mainly just need to always keep your guard in top stance. His chain starters, and finishers are slower, and hes more likely to thus feint to top stance. If you are playing on console (as I am) and you play an assasin type with reflex guard he can be very tough because the reflex guard makes it so you cant block his onslaught, but if he keeps chaining lights a single block will give you enough time to turn the tide as most characters because of his bounce on block. Additionally good aramusha are primarily counter attackers. His only way to open people up is by hard feinting.

So the best way to beat aramushas is to hard feint an opener like he would so he wiffs his blade blockade, which then gives you a massive 500ms recovery window to GB him, or light attack on your own.

You say one hero but I hope i've made it clear that there are 4 other hereos with worse light spam than aramusha, and more versatility and openers in their kit almost universally. Shaman, berserker, kensei, JJ warden, shinobi, even conqueror can all throw 500 ms lights as well just not in as much of a continuous stream.

His lights right now literally stick out in no way other than the fact that they can endless chain. but they have the top side top side top side restriction. Also he cant feint his lights (obviously) so they they 100% predictable if someone is spamming them.

I'm just honestly having trouble understanding your argument when there are worse offenders in the light speed catergory such as the 4 i've mentioned. Valkyrie being the biggest offender because of her mix ups and even faster light spam despite also being a hybrid and having a more reliable dodge/full block.

RexXZ347
11-18-2018, 11:55 AM
No no no no.... Make aramusha's lights 5000000000ms with 5 damage and aramusha only has one direction of attacks. That way he will be balanced.

MarshalMoriarty
11-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Aramusha's an awful character. He needs a root and branch because the whole concept of the character is flawed. His style is spammy, looks really ugly and angular for what is supposed to be a 'cool' character and to top it all off its utterly ineffective. Both before and definately after his latest patch.

Add in a lack of interesting personal Feats and a general lack of understanding from the devs on the advantages of using 2 swords... Its really hard to think of anything positive to say. He's just a bad character, which is why you hardly ever see him anymore.

SerafCZe
11-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Please do not change the Aramusha concept, no rework...... It's a best minion killer :zmatený:

Siegfried-Z
11-19-2018, 10:17 AM
On the paper Musha is weak.

He would need to keep his new dmg but with his old Top light speed. His zone mixup should also become softfeint.. currently it is too slow and require a lot of stam.

Appart to that, Musha is not that bad (on console).

AramenThePiper
11-19-2018, 06:46 PM
I will never understand why people ***** about Aramusha, the weakest hero in the game after Shugoki, while Berserker and Orochi, basically his straight up better versions in terms of spamming attacks, never get any form of salt