PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Mode needs adjustments

OoKaMi_79
11-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Well, it is not a surprise that this new mode requieres changes in order to be a fun experience....all I see in posts and videos is that we need to rely only on revenge and ledge. I just want to share some thoughts:

Random Quests:

1) Remove equipment score requirement. This is the first game mode where we are not free of playing with any of our characters. In any other game mode we can take our reputation 0 and play along with a rep 60 without issues or limitations....why did you decide to put those limits in the game mode that is behind a pay wall?. Instead of difficulty selection let us select the length of the mission (number of chapters).

2) Give us a small chance to get the exclusive stuff from Arcade Mode (of course way smaller chance that the one we get from weekly quest)

3) Random generator of modifiers needs a better algorithm. Some combinations are way too unfair....we have seen that our char gets only negatives and the foes receive only positives....it is insane.

4) of course AI should be tuned down, lvl 3 bots are like gods.

Weekly Quest:

1) Please find a better way to set challenging fights, just throwing negative and positive modifiers is just an artificial difficulty that leads to unfun experience. If you ask me a good example of a fair challenge I would request you to see back at boss fights from campaign. That was fun and fair. Where are the wolves? Where is the elephant? Where is the large HP boss?

2) Be more creative in the objectives....it is always just a brawl to kill enemies.....add more objectives like in campaign: set things on fire, destroy catapults, etc. (By the way, in the arcade mode’s trailer I saw a short where offers from tribute can be seen...where are they?)

3) again AI should be tuned down.

In conclusion: Arcade Mode is the only mode that as behind a pay wall and we spent our money on it to support development, it should be fun and we should get rewards from it with fair challenges.

In your trailer you showed us the exclusive stuff and we invested our money considering that. You never said that we had to be at least reputation 8-10 in order to play weekly quest and that till this point is an unfair and unfun challenge.

UbiInsulin
11-16-2018, 08:35 PM
We alluded to some of this in the last Warrior's Den. Players are losing more often than the team would like in Arcade Mode, and level 3 bots are probably too strong. The team is looking at potential changes.

OoKaMi_79
11-16-2018, 08:51 PM
We alluded to some of this in the last Warrior's Den. Players are losing more often than the team would like in Arcade Mode, and level 3 bots are probably too strong. The team is looking at potential changes.

Thanks Ubinsulin for the reply, I really hope they can improve the experience in this mode that I really think it has a great potential. Please feel free to share my suggestions to them. Regards

chukblok
11-17-2018, 12:35 AM
See I don't want them tuned down too much....you don't want it to be too easy to get the effect. I still think level 3 bots should be used. But maybe give the player a few more bonus modifiers. If it becomes too easy then the effect means nothing