PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer Rework also Season 9?

Illyrian_King
11-16-2018, 01:47 AM
Fat boy gets slim in Season 9, but gets Lawbringer his "love" also in S9?

MarshalMoriarty
11-16-2018, 02:01 AM
Given that they've said they have no plans to address stamina management for heavier characters, I'm not sure how these reworks will do much good. As a player of both characters, I'm interesed for sure but attacking even with slightly better speed or feints will still be a chore.

Presumably Lawbro will invent a rocket launcher and Shug will perform E Honda's sumo torpedo. Because I can't see much hope for offense any other way with their stamina management. They need a Stamina Feat or Endurance Perk IMO. Wouldn't help in Duels, but I'd take it.

Knight_Raime
11-16-2018, 02:05 AM
No confirmation like goki. But maybe considering they're working on them.

DefiledDragon
11-16-2018, 03:03 AM
Shug will perform E Honda's sumo torpedo

That would be the best thing ever.

MarshalMoriarty
11-16-2018, 06:58 AM
Nah, For Honor vs Street Fighter would be the best thing ever.

Playing it would be the greatest day of your life, but to Bison...

Lord_Cherubi
11-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Sadly i don't think it's coming for season 9, they were having complete radio silence about Shugo for so long and just now they revealed there will be some kind of improvements made in season 9, whereas they didn't say that about Lawbro :/

But here's hoping, in my dreams Season 9 will introduce both Shugo and LB reworks as well as a Chinese map for Breach 😈

Illyrian_King
11-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Would be really great a shame if Lawbro wouldn't get his rework in S9, but at least they acknowledge his weakness now.

I am in dire too for new Breach maps and I am sure S9 will introduce the Wu Lin to the Faction War and give us a chinese map.

UbiInsulin
11-16-2018, 08:03 PM
Fat boy gets slim in Season 9, but gets Lawbringer his "love" also in S9?

I don't believe they flat-out stated a timeline on the Warrior's Den, but they did acknowledge they're not satisfied with where he's at currently.

EvoX.
11-17-2018, 01:38 AM
Imagine a whole season with just one rework.

Uh-huh, that will go well.

Jastorm187
11-17-2018, 01:48 AM
At least Shug and Law got acknowledged. Warlord is getting yet another nerf. Now i dont disagree that crashing charge is abused.. But the cause of this is the rest of his kit has been obliterated by nerfs. He is supposed to be a counter attack and harasser and they have destroyed the essence of the class.
They cant even send the clear same message of we are trying to make everyone viable.

Community: Nerf conq shield bash...its abused and op
Their answer "we dont want to break conq, so we will make other characters better"

Community: Nerf warlord crashing charge... Its abused and op
Their answer: "WE WILL NERF HIM"

Illyrian_King
11-17-2018, 04:32 AM
I don't believe they flat-out stated a timeline on the Warrior's Den, but they did acknowledge they're not satisfied with where he's at currently.

I know that there going on pretty much things, but as a LB main I am looking forward to the day ^^

Imagine a whole season with just one rework.

Uh-huh, that will go well.

Hahaha burn baby burn ^^

At least Shug and Law got acknowledged. Warlord is getting yet another nerf. Now i dont disagree that crashing charge is abused.. But the cause of this is the rest of his kit has been obliterated by nerfs. He is supposed to be a counter attack and harasser and they have destroyed the essence of the class.
They cant even send the clear same message of we are trying to make everyone viable.

Community: Nerf conq shield bash...its abused and op
Their answer "we dont want to break conq, so we will make other characters better"

Community: Nerf warlord crashing charge... Its abused and op
Their answer: "WE WILL NERF HIM"

What suprised me was when they said "without compensation" which would be REALLY harsh.

MarshalMoriarty
11-17-2018, 08:25 AM
Place your bets now on them nerfing WL and Shinobi's rushing tackles and making Shug's Charge of the Oni massively op. Probably on the same day.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-17-2018, 10:14 AM
If they have no plans of addressing stamina management why did they Nerf Shugoki's?

Nerfing warlord makes no sense. I mean what is considered abused? Meta itself could be considered abuse and just because warlord has a different meta than other characters doesn't mean it's abuse. Are they going to Nerf shugokis HA because trading is being abused by players who pick that character?

Illyrian_King
11-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Place your bets now on them nerfing WL and Shinobi's rushing tackles and making Shug's Charge of the Oni massively op. Probably on the same day.

Reminds me on Aramusha's speed nerf, while saying that they want to speed up the whole game.

If they have no plans of addressing stamina management why did they Nerf Shugoki's?

Nerfing warlord makes no sense. I mean what is considered abused? Meta itself could be considered abuse and just because warlord has a different meta than other characters doesn't mean it's abuse. Are they going to Nerf shugokis HA because trading is being abused by players who pick that character?

Guess they just wanted to try things out on Goki. Same as they did with the removal of Conq's super block before his rework.

Btw. I really doubt, they will remove his hyperarmour. What would be the point in making heroes even more similar to one another?

His HA is no problem, but an interesting unique tool, that should be kept.

Sneakly20
11-17-2018, 04:30 PM
Reminds me on Aramusha's speed nerf, while saying that they want to speed up the whole game.

Guess they just wanted to try things out on Goki. Same as they did with the removal of Conq's super block before his rework.

Btw. I really doubt, they will remove his hyperarmour. What would be the point in making heroes even more similar to one another?

His HA is no problem, but an interesting unique tool, that should be kept.

I disagree on his hyper armor. On moves I can get behind but they even stated that even tho heís weak itís still a pain and not fun to fight the hyper armor stance of his. Once he gets his rework or buff he will not need his constant armor to support him. He needs a good rework. One that makes him a good character while taking away his contant armor.

Illyrian_King
11-17-2018, 05:12 PM
I disagree on his hyper armor. On moves I can get behind but they even stated that even tho heís weak itís still a pain and not fun to fight the hyper armor stance of his. Once he gets his rework or buff he will not need his constant armor to support him. He needs a good rework. One that makes him a good character while taking away his contant armor.

Lol did you know that you remove his hyperarmour with a simple guardbreak. Even on fail.
His HA can be annoying if used well, but there are a lot of cancerous moves, that are really worse.

You just have to see, that there is not much other stuff, beside "give him 400ms lights, even faster soft-feints, tons of bashes and unblockables".

Variety between heroes goes straight bye bye ;b
If you don't want the roster to be just a collection of skins, instead of movesets then such different things simply need to be accepted.