PDA

View Full Version : Bot difficulty

Velentix
11-16-2018, 01:28 AM
Given the layers of mind games you can do in this game, would it not be better to have more levels of difficulty for bots? Something like lvl 1-5 or even up to 10. Either way it makes bot difficulty more manageable, makes arcade far more malleable as far as difficulty goes as well.

Ubiflowessence
11-16-2018, 03:12 AM
Thanks for sharing your suggestion! Would this method apply to Arcade mode and Breach as well? I'd like to know everyone else's thoughts on having different levels for bots?

ArchDukeInstinct
11-16-2018, 03:47 AM
Given the layers of mind games you can do in this game, would it not be better to have more levels of difficulty for bots? Something like lvl 1-5 or even up to 10. Either way it makes bot difficulty more manageable, makes arcade far more malleable as far as difficulty goes as well.

All you gotta do is wait to parry/deflect/etc. Feign a couple times to get that level 3 bot to react and then you clap them.

DefiledDragon
11-16-2018, 04:21 AM
Just make it so they're not quite so obviously artificial. They never eat bashes and they always manage to react to unreactable attacks. It's literally like fighting a robot.

darksavior1977
11-16-2018, 05:22 AM
I agree on the difficulty, as it is now, they go from a bit easy to elite between level 2 to 3. Maybe 4 levels so the progression to that higher difficulty seems more gradual. Also there is bot behaviors in 4v4 games that I'd love looked at. When playing tribute, the friendly bots are almost worse than enemy bots, they have no logic telling them to use over head attacks when fighting someone together with their team mates to they beat the hell outta you, and they don't engage enemies when you are carrying the flag, but always are nearby to steal it from you if you drop it. I feel like I am fighting them more in many ways than the enemy bots in that mode. Also they all seem to have "Last hit" radar, and cheat you of your kills.

OoKaMi_79
11-16-2018, 07:56 PM

Like this idea......the changes between 1 & 2 and between 2 & 3 are way too big.

PD. Please fix the silly bot behavior introduced with Marching Fire (there are already a good amount of posts regarding this like bots that are attacked and keep running, etc.)