PDA

View Full Version : Q&A Thread

FredEx919
11-15-2018, 09:34 PM
Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoyed today's episode of the Warrior's Den! I wanted to take a moment to kick off the next Q&A thread for the team. Please post any questions you have below. As always, we'll be pulling questions from all over the community (covering multiple topics), so we won't always get to everything, but we would love to hear your biggest questions and concerns!

If you missed this weeks Warrior's Den (11/15/18), you can find the full Q&A highlight below. We look forward to seeing your questions!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/336268971

Illyrian_King
11-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Let me be the first one ^^

What do the devs think about: Giving giving Lawbringer's, Shugoki's and Raider's heavy attacks unparriable property and let them profit from chip damage, instead of introducing more bashes and and lightning fast guessing stuff. Offense is facing a wall as you said ... this would allow attacks to remain slow, but even neutral and chained heaviy attacks would be viable for such slow Heroes.

There need to be other tools, beside "400ms light comes directly or guaranteed after a bash".

Speeding up everything is neither fun nor somehow plausible ...

Lord_Cherubi
11-15-2018, 10:11 PM
Dont mean to sound greedy by any means here but when can we expect a new Breach map? I find the current ones very well designed and detailed and would love to see more!

Blitzwarrior771
11-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Question will matchmaker be fixed ?? To explain you have overal reputation of 200 and you pick hero reputation lvl 1 and we know that reputation affects gear score how mm knows where to put you ? I have a suggestion select hero then go into a match so matchmaker can calculate your gear and reputation . Right now you go into a match then you could select your new hero with 0 reputation or your best hero with 50 reputation . We all know what this means either they gonna carry you on their shoulders or you gonna carry some one on your shoulders . It affects game play . If you make option to select hero then go into a match you could limit assassins per team or you could even fix premade teams . I hope it has sense because I talk nonsense most of the time .

Pincopallino097
11-15-2018, 11:08 PM
What do you think about the current state of Wu Lin heroes in terms of balancing (Jiang Jun in particular)? And what about a feature to customize minions' skins (a customization that only the user that did it can see, you can let us use the old seasonal events skins)? I have so many emotes i want to equip but i can't, so what about opening a circular selection menu by holding Y? What about a surrender option for breach?

Thanks

GhostIlluminate
11-15-2018, 11:14 PM
Can they make the weekly arcade challenges easier !!! The new week is impossible to beat and its only the first part !!!!!

ThePaxStyle
11-15-2018, 11:41 PM
1st Question:
I appreciated so much the new armor sets.
Can we expect to see other ones in the near future?
And what do you think about increasing the amount of loadouts?

2nd Question:
What about the "coin flip" problem during ganks?
Can it be considered exploit?

bannex19
11-15-2018, 11:59 PM
1) More faceless options for Wu Lin?
2) Console vs PC issues... this is a real problem. I have the game on both and ps4 is incredibly hard to react to vs PC. Can you slow spam on console?

3) Increase stam cost on spamming the same move?

4) Warlord damage vs JJ damage.... c'mon.

5) Add different mechanics for competitive mode and tournaments like valk sweep friendly fire. Matchmaking/casual play should be more focused on fun and less focused on hardcore strategy.

Tundra 793
11-16-2018, 01:19 AM
Why not toss in a few of my own.

1; Who's the current writer for For Honor?

2; Will we ever see expansions to the Story mode, or just more lore and story in general?

Blitzwarrior771
11-16-2018, 01:42 AM
Why there is no common test server that anyone can join and test the game for you? This is not just a question but simple solution to find out if balance change will work . You released the marching fire with broken bots and bugs and glitches . I myself fall down trough the floor few times and I seen people falling trough the floor . Why heavy attacks and unblockables are useless? Blocked parried and punished? Can your data be wrong ? It seems in practice we seen countless problems and thatís why we complain . Why orochi is the top pick in competitive tournaments ? If you really care about data you would nerf orochi makes sense ? Donít you get it that while u please 2,5% of top players and competitive bunch for ordinary players this game is crap ? Thatís 97,5% of your income .

Kryltic
11-16-2018, 02:28 AM
Do you have any plans to actually make the different character classes mean something? At the minute most classes seem to have blended and are basically the same, why bother having classes if there is virtually no difference?

Do you plan to balance the current feats soon?

Do you plan to give the older characters some unique feats to bring them in line with newer ones?

What ideas do you have to improve the current game modes? If you have none, why not? We have many dying/dead modes that could easily be revived with a little love.

Do you plan to improve your turn around time for rebalancing characters? I don't think a tweak each month is unreasonable for trialing balance for problematic characters.

Rather than making all characters have fast attack that are also unblockables or undodgables etc why not tweak the dodge/block/parry mechanics? Blocks could take increased chip damage, parries could still take some chip damage, dodge attacks could consume additional stamina to balance out. Finally parried attacks dont drain as much stamina from the attacker.

When can we expect to see the next set of maps to be introduced and roughly how many can we expect?

Will you be looking at improving the Commanders AI in Breach mode? Currently it is awful and this alone can cause the defenders to lose.

RenegadeRasta
11-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Can you please fire the guy who keeps approving of armor/gear with spikes on them? **** is annoying to look at.

cMauJIPro
11-16-2018, 05:54 AM
When will I get the costumes (Pre-Order Bonus) for U-Ling and compensation for the lack of these costumes as early as a month (from October 16)?
PC
For Honor MF Expansions
Uplay
Russia

Soldier_of_Dawn
11-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Let me be the first one ^^

What do the devs think about: Giving giving Lawbringer's, Shugoki's and Raider's heavy attacks unparriable property and let them profit from chip damage, instead of introducing more bashes and and lightning fast guessing stuff. Offense is facing a wall as you said ... this would allow attacks to remain slow, but even neutral and chained heaviy attacks would be viable for such slow Heroes.

There need to be other tools, beside "400ms light comes directly or guaranteed after a bash".

Speeding up everything is neither fun nor somehow plausible ...

I agree with giving the big boys unparryable heavies. I also did a thread about it on both Reddit and these forums:

Official For Honor thread:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1954387-UNPARRYABLE-Attacks

Reddit Thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9vkzxt/unparryable_attacks/

Note that the Reddit thread on unparryable attacks has had a greater response and interesting discussions.

Corentin10111
11-16-2018, 11:29 AM
I would like to know what the team thinks about those problems.

-The game is the same on console and pc, that is not viable.
-You take the top 1% for reference. It is obviously not a good way to see how things goes.
-It seems like the team want to make all heroes stronger and versatile AF (wu lins are a good illustation), i think it would be an improvment to leave every characters a style and stay somehow "predictable", like it felt at the beginning. If every character have too many strong options it turns the game in a luck/random game instead of a skill based gameplay where you have to outsmart your opponent.
-Some moves are too strong to be feintable. If there is a high reward you have to commit. (warden broken sb)
- I understand that you don't wan't to change moves every week (especially if it is going back and forth) but 6 months for tweaks is not acceptable. You would rather change too much than not enough in my opinion.

-Less important but still a big deal to me: Did you find a way to increase the number of loadouts? Is giving us the possibility to take loadouts from heroes we don't use to give it to the one we use not possible?

Illyrian_King
11-16-2018, 01:14 PM
I agree with giving the big boys unparryable heavies. I also did a thread about it on both Reddit and these forums:

Official For Honor thread:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1954387-UNPARRYABLE-Attacks

Reddit Thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9vkzxt/unparryable_attacks/

Note that the Reddit thread on unparryable attacks has had a greater response and interesting discussions.

Guess we have slightly different approaches on this one, but not too different. I am talking about all Lawbringer, Shugoki and Raider (he is a slow beast too) heavy attacks, but without extra block damage.

Unparriables would solve the heavy problem in an elegant way.

The_B0G_
11-16-2018, 01:35 PM
The feedback for the new perks is mostly negative, what changes are in store for the perk system moving forward?

Will any compensation be given out to player's for losing all of their gear? Five loot crates is worth 2.5k steel, that's a drop in the bucket in comparison to how much everyone invested in that gear.

If we get compensation for the gear, can we get steel instead of crates? I find gear is only cosmetic now and would much rather steel for executions and outfits, rather than waste it on the new gear.

AsdfThill
11-16-2018, 02:40 PM
You cannot pander to new players. Ever. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eph5Kyr-WMw

SpaceJim12
11-16-2018, 02:46 PM
I got question about character customization.

When are you going to fix bug with visul collection. I almost forgot about it, but it's in game since season 6, when visul collection droped to the game. Here the bug itself. Sometimes even if you found some new armor piece after match, and little eye icon on it, it's still not count into your collection. For rare visuals it's a huge problem. I finally found chest plate new armor for my Warden, saw this eye icon, happily dismantle it and went to visual collection to change look of my character. But all three new plate chest pieces were locked. I will be carefull now with my gear, but this bug more than a six month in the game.

RexXZ347
11-16-2018, 04:58 PM
When are you guys going to buff or rework the aramusha? When that time comes tell me. I will come back if its worth it.

Blitzwarrior771
11-16-2018, 05:38 PM
You cannot pander to new players. Ever. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eph5Kyr-WMw

Thanks for the video seems kensei is having hard time there 😂

SenBotsu893
11-16-2018, 09:53 PM
please be so kind as to elaborate on the Aramusha changes.

the statement was that his light chain was too hard for beginners to deal with.

yet a few minutes later into the stream you also confirm that "light spam" is a player issue and people just have to get better at the game in order to deal with it (wich i agree with).

So the Removal of his 400ms top light and the additionall 100ms delay inbetween his attacks becomes especially confusing when you introduce multiple new characters that have access to omnidirectional 400ms light chains.

Jastorm187
11-17-2018, 01:38 AM
Apparently the need to nerf Warlord and break him until he gets to shugoki level of broken before considering him for a little love. How many more more seasons of Warlord nerfs.... ☹
Devs are to blame for crashing charge abuse when you killed his counter game, killed his stam usage, killed his full block viability... You are leaving Warlords no choice in competitive. All of us Warlords who dont abuse crashing charge are dying for our usable warlord kit to be returned to us. Nerf his crashing charge and undo all his previous nerfs!

Community: Nerf conq shield bash...its abused and op
DEV answer "we dont want to break conq, so we will make other characters better"

Community: Nerf warlord crashing charge... Its abused and op
Their answer: "WE WILL NERF HIM"

Soldier_of_Dawn
11-17-2018, 06:43 AM
Guess we have slightly different approaches on this one, but not too different. I am talking about all Lawbringer, Shugoki and Raider (he is a slow beast too) heavy attacks, but without extra block damage.

Unparriables would solve the heavy problem in an elegant way.

I did mention Raider in my suggestion. I wanted unparryables to be exclusive to the Heavy and Heavy Hybrid class with Raider as the exception. My list of candidates included him, Lawbringer, Shugoki, and Wardlord.

Knight_Raime
11-17-2018, 08:21 AM
1) What is the reason we don't have more PTR's (public test servers) whenever you guys try to balance anything?

2) The buffer bug (buffered attacks cause attacks to be 67ms slower than intended) is still around. Are you guys doing anything to fix this?

3) In I believe your last tech test you were testing varied ms increments on raider. (this allowed him to get heavies on a guard break) are you guys still working on adding varied ms increments into the game?

4) Also in one of your tech tests there were some changes regarding stamina damaging attacks (specifically constant stamina drain moves had no effect on out of stamina targets) you guys claimed this was apart of a bigger stamina system change. Is this still being worked on?

5) Is there a possibility that we will see more perks added to the current perk pool?

6) Why do you guys choose to try and make current kits work (in regards to reworks) rather than giving them mostly new kits?

7) Are you guys aware that Tiandi can get two lights off of any parry buy unlocking after parrying and hitting light twice?

8) I recall a long time ago you guys stated you want every hero to be viable in all game modes. So why did you design Jiang Jun specifically for 4v4?

9) Nuxia's traps are not guessing games because they have such long recovery time after a whiff. Is it possible to reduce the recovery time on her traps so only well timed light attacks can beat her trap attempt?

10) Could you possibly explain why we still have a class system when class defining attributes seem to not be limited to the classes themselves? Or perhaps better put can you explain specifically what makes a heavy a heavy, what makes an assassin an assassin etc.

11) Is there any chance you could make all opening/chain starting lights have the enhanced light property in hopes to make offense more possible?

12) Has it been considered to change how defending currently works mechanically? (example giving everyone a reflex guard.)

13) When the new reactive voice line system comes in are we going to lose the voice lines that are done in their native language? (I personally really like the wu-lins native language.)

14) It has been reported that spear storm has an audio bug where it only plays the sound at highlanders location. Meaning the target has no warning. Is there a fix for this in coming?

15) Side deflects are often hard to pull off because dodge's have I frames and I frames take priority over deflect frames. Is there any way to address this so side deflects become easier?

16) Shaolin can feint back into qi stance with a very specific button input. While this is clearly not intended based on his move list myself and many other competitive players feel this adds a great addition to the kit. Is there anyway you can add this into his move list or potentially incorperate it further into his kit?

17) If I understand the changes made to aramusha (for his infinite chain) these were done because things were confusing to newer players. Why not do something to teach the player about it instead? Like removing the indicator for the guaranteed follow up light or adding a special indicator to let someone know how the combo works.

18) There are many important things that this game does not teach. Like hit stun and guard break vulnerability timings based on attack speed. Is there any plans to try and put this kind of info in game?

19) Is there anyway we can expand training mode to allow for one additional bot/player for testing external situations easier? Or letting us build custom in puts for the bot to create our own combo strings?

20) Are Jiang Jun's hit boxes being looked into? his left side heavy finishers whiff a lot. Also is it intended for his side heavies to be treated as zone attacks when dealing with the superior property?

Illyrian_King
11-17-2018, 07:13 PM
I did mention Raider in my suggestion. I wanted unparryables to be exclusive to the Heavy and Heavy Hybrid class with Raider as the exception. My list of candidates included him, Lawbringer, Shugoki, and Wardlord.

Oops i must have missed something ...

Ragnarok666321
11-18-2018, 08:58 AM
Will warlord get some love?

Goat_of_Vermund
11-18-2018, 03:15 PM
My question is the same as last week: can we get very small changes every week for weak characters? I understand that overnerfing/overbuffing might not be a pleasent solution, but I mean really small ones.

Examples:

Pk heavies increased by 4 damage.
Lawbringer top heavies increased to 35.
Shugoki lights increased to 20, heavy finishers to 45.

It wouldn't be near enough to balance these characters, everyone might agree that nothing broken is in these buffed versions. It would only mean a little more fighting chance. I am not familiar with your systems capacities, but I assume it wouldn't take long to rewrite a few numbers, and for that, lots of your players would be a bit happier (myself included).

The_B0G_
11-18-2018, 03:50 PM
My question is the same as last week: can we get very small changes every week for weak characters? I understand that overnerfing/overbuffing might not be a pleasent solution, but I mean really small ones.

Examples:

Pk heavies increased by 4 damage.
Lawbringer top heavies increased to 35.
Shugoki lights increased to 20, heavy finishers to 45.

It wouldn't be near enough to balance these characters, everyone might agree that nothing broken is in these buffed versions. It would only mean a little more fighting chance. I am not familiar with your systems capacities, but I assume it wouldn't take long to rewrite a few numbers, and for that, lots of your players would be a bit happier (myself included).

I know these are just examples, but as far as Shugo and LB go, those buffs wouldn't help them at all by themselves, a lemon of a top heavy like LB has is still a lemon if it does more damage, because it still won't ever connect besides with an OOS punish, same goes with Shugoki finishers, if it never connects, the damage is irrelevant. Like I said, I know you're just using those as examples but a lot of heroes need more viable kits in general with serious changes to give them some offensive options.

Heroes like PK could probably use a damage buff, but then again that would bring her right back to where she was before she was nerfed, which is exactly what they don't want.

I hope they start balancing way more often then they have, it's actually kind of crazy how long it takes for a single balance with this being a fighting game, it should be top priority at all times.

That being said I would rather the balance come out right then have some half a**ed balance like zerker, adding ridiculous amounts of hyper armor onto an assassin... or conq becoming more of a turtle, even his attacks are barely punishable. I still think Kensei is the only good rework we've gotten so far. Warden's was close to the mark, but making SB more spammable and versatile was a mistake, there isn't enough commitment to using it, it's just a mashup of SBs, SB cancels and zones every fight. I think they could have been a bit more creative then making him crutch on his most complained about move.

Goat_of_Vermund
11-18-2018, 06:09 PM
I didn't say this should go to the expense of actual reworks. It would be a placeholder until we get them. Lawbringer top heavy might me nothing (plus five damage on wallthrow, a little more on exhausted opponents), but at least something to make him a little more playable. Motion capturing new moves and testing great balance changes take months. This would take an hour, and I don't think anyone would mind very small buffs like this.
Shugo finisher never lands, but at least it should deal decent block damage to encourage it a bit more for the risk. The lights, however, would increase his viability a little. The pk would benefit from those little number buffs, even plus 4 damage on heavies (just the normal ones, not the dodge heavies) would increase her parry punishes and reward throwing them out.

T0NKA47
11-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Any chance that bugs will ever actually be fixed on PC, like disappearing chat, or stuck in satellite view during a match.

KWi_08j
11-20-2018, 02:40 AM
When are you guys going to buff or rework the aramusha? When that time comes tell me. I will come back if its worth it.
Same here as I would really like to know if there is any word on fixes to aramusha. I believe he does not work to what his concept description tells about the character. I want to know if he will get a counter moves( a parry punish, special type of blocking, or a counter move against an opponent attacking in the same direction), fixes to his dodges( they were nerfed but he is supposed to have amazing dodges.), or at least an opener to start the chain of rather than relying on trying to feint, gaurd break, or hope the first light attack actually goes through?

How can we counter attack without a kit that actually has countering capabilities to it?

I love aramusha design but I believe he is lacking far behind as the only viable thing you have is when can get the chain started to throw out a bunch of feinted lights.

UbiInsulin
11-20-2018, 11:17 PM
Appreciate all the questions, everyone. :) We compiled a bunch of them.

marcosouza50
11-21-2018, 05:35 PM
I would like to know what the team is planning for the advantages system, since most of the community does not like the new system!

Is it possible to have the gears back?

Why do not you guys copy the Rainbow Six team?

they are listening to the community to see the last decisions they have made.

Blitzwarrior771
11-22-2018, 10:27 AM
Any chance you seperate pc and console version of the game ? Aramusha is also issue on consoles we want him nerfed oh wait pc wants him buffed nooooo we screwd .

bradenb2002
11-23-2018, 02:36 AM
Why does Ubisoft have big gay? Did whole 30 minutes breach match to get kicked out last 15 seconds and not get any xp. Love game, fix servers. Sincerely, a fellow nig nog

Soldier_of_Dawn
11-23-2018, 02:42 AM
I got kicked out of a 30 minute Breach match too and lost out on the rewards and order completion.

bradenb2002
11-23-2018, 02:48 AM
Why does Ubisoft have big gay? Did whole 30 minutes breach match to get kicked out last 15 seconds and not get any xp. Love game, fix servers. Sincerely, a fellow nig nog

Make that mega big gay soy boys, it has happened twice in a row now.

Tyrjo
11-23-2018, 01:59 PM
Why does Bulk Up not stack with Tough as Nails? Is this intended? In what manual does it say it doesn't? I just spent resources on something doesn't work? Please give me my steel back.

Devils-_-legacy
11-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Are you going to foucus balance around the platinum and above now if so isn't this pool to large?

Inzzane_79
11-28-2018, 11:53 AM
Will there ever be a game mode Option without revenge, perks, feats?

Could there be more rewards for the weekly arcade quest? Effect is nice but that reward does not Change so if I have it for the character I want there is no intension to play that mode again. Maybe exclusive armor/Ornaments or (that would be a dream reward) exclusive executions.

Will there be a change to the AI in 4v4s so they donīt stupidly try to revive someone even when they get hit multiple times in the back? They should protect their life first!

How about a game mode like an Arena/Coloseum where 2 Teams fight each other 1v1 and winner stays and have to fight the next with the life bar he still has. With the Option to select who goes next (match up shenanigans).

Are there plans for For Honor 2?

DoctorMcBatman
11-28-2018, 09:15 PM

People have been asking for permanent Realistic Dominion since it was first put in the game months and months ago as a weekly event. Their answer has consistently been, "No."

Tyrjo
11-29-2018, 06:37 AM

It's called Duel.

Inzzane_79
11-29-2018, 08:36 AM
It's called Duel.

Sorry let me rephrase it then. Will there be a 4v4 game mode without revenge, perks and feats?

Soldier_of_Dawn
12-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Question for the next Warrior's Den:

Would you consider letting the modding community contribute to For Honor at some capacity such as gear and maps?

bhitrock
12-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Seeing the post unpinned, i guess Q&A time is ended...