PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find JJ's choke is inconsitent?

Hillbill79
11-15-2018, 08:15 PM
I've started playing JJ recently, only rep 4 so far. I'm noticing some serious inconsistencies with his choke after party. I've seen it do so many different things... I still cant decide what it does or is supposed to do. Ill give you a few examples...

1, Does it do damage? As I have killed someone with it in a duel.. Yet I've done it a few times where a person is on literally the last scrap of health, and it hasn't.

2, When you do the choke, it drains stamina. When it drains an opponents stamina to nothing, sometimes they fall over after it, and others they don't. Why is that?

3, It rarely ever connects with Shogoki, the animation happens, but only for JJ, the shugoki just keeps staggering away and it has no effect.

Is there a charge to the choke? I have tried both just a tap and a hold and I'm still not sure.

Shogoki thing must be a bug.

Hillbill79
11-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Ps, how do I edit my post above? Auto correct didn't like some of it

bhitrock
11-15-2018, 08:29 PM
I've started playing JJ recently, only rep 4 so far. I'm noticing some serious inconsistencies with his choke after party. I've seen it do so many different things... I still cant decide what it does or is supposed to do. Ill give you a few examples...

1, Does it do damage? As I have killed someone with it in a duel.. Yet I've done it a few times where a person is on literally the last scrap of health, and it hasn't.

2, When you do the choke, it drains stamina. When it drains an opponents stamina to nothing, sometimes they fall over after it, and others they don't. Why is that?

3, It rarely ever connects with Shogoki, the animation happens, but only for JJ, the shugoki just keeps staggering away and it has no effect.

Is there a charge to the choke? I have tried both just a tap and a hold and I'm still not sure.

Shogoki thing must be a bug.

1- it does not do damage. Maybe you killed your opponent because you threw him on some spikes? idk, but I'm sure it doesn't do damage
2-the enemy falls only if he was already out of stamina when you chocked him. If you make him oos using the choke he won't fall
3-maybe a bug? Probably hyper armor

-to edit you have to click on the + in the right corner of your post (on pc)

Lord_Cherubi
11-15-2018, 08:50 PM
1- it does not do damage. Maybe you killed your opponent because you threw him on some spikes? idk, but I'm sure it doesn't do damage
2-the enemy falls only if he was already out of stamina when you chocked him. If you make him oos using the choke he won't fall
3-maybe a bug? Probably hyper armor

-to edit you have to click on the + in the right corner of your post (on pc)

Im pretty sure i've been killed by his choke as well

bhitrock
11-15-2018, 09:15 PM
sounds strange. I searched and I can't find anything about it dealing damage...

Ubiflowessence
11-15-2018, 09:52 PM
That's the first I've heard of it dealing damage as well. Do you happen to have a video you can share?

Morpheus256
11-15-2018, 09:56 PM
It does a tiny bit of damage. I don't have a link but I've watched a youtube vid showing his choke actually finishing someone off.

EDIT: Found the vid. See 2:06 for deadly choke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7vcaUrvwmY

SangLong524
11-15-2018, 10:14 PM
1. If the opponent’s health is extremely critical, the choke can kill. I have seen it a few times. Make sense,though.
2. I always see they fall down if drained completely.
3. I have tried DE as shugoki during choke, it failed all the times, with penalty entailed.