PDA

View Full Version : third weekly quest, third fail...

Gastgrinder
11-15-2018, 04:13 PM
it is hopeless, ubisoft you learn nothing.
all four rounds lvl 3 valks that parry 99% of all attacks, spam and gank like idiots.
gank, turtle and spam meta in one mode, the investment in MF was really worth it.

I say only one more thing https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gv1Vgi_PNOo/hqdefault.jpg

chukblok
11-16-2018, 04:49 AM
Phase 4 is definitely a sweep/gank fest. The heal on hit you get is almost useless. It's just a complete dumb luck thing. I just got lucky and spammed zone after revenge which killed 2/3 then i was able to 1v1 last

I mean I play arcade...but I dread it. I'm just trying to get last effect for HL then I have no more interest. It's beyond frustrating. There should have been a bonus revenge modifier or a knockdown modifier or something on last part.

Tasmann44
11-16-2018, 05:17 AM
This is honestly ridiculous. My friend and I just wasted 30 minutes try to get past phase 3, but it is literally impossible. Why in the world would you take away parrying? These Valkyrie are so hard to take down because they have so much HP and take so little damage but build revenge super quick. It's quite literally impossible. I'm sorry, but spending 30 minutes to do one phase is not worth whatever reward comes from this challenge. It's a good way to demotivate people from playing the Arcade mode challenge for nicer gear, gear which to be honest is not that much nicer than what you can get just by playing regular 'ol multiplayer. If you want someone to use a new feature, this week's challenge and last week's challenge are not the way to do it.

Vendelkin
11-16-2018, 06:08 AM
... I actually enjoy the arcade modes and have succesfully cleared all weekly quests on 3 different heroes each so far. In fact the shaman centric one I ran and cleared probably 4 times with my aramusha. And I'm on console. And I did them solo (i dont even know if you can 2person weekly quest)

Point being some of us like the difficulty. I love the weekly quests and the wild learning challenge they add. Also the triple shaolin one taught me how to parry everything the shaolin puts out haha.

Vendelkin
11-16-2018, 06:18 AM
(if anyone wonders Ive done so on shinobi, orochi, and aramusha. The orochi clear is always the hardest to get.)

Velentix
11-17-2018, 07:42 AM
frankly this weeks challenge was a joke. I spent a good hour just trying to get past the second stage before giving up. an obvious thing to keep in mind ubi: when you remove a core gameplay mechanic like parrying (reeeeally stupid idea btw), you can't make the bot then abuse that mechanic to the point where the only way possible to get damage on them is via a gb. by the time I had one hit left on the last valk (non-jesus valk) she would get revenge every single time and kill me. tbh if I knew arcade would be this bad, I wouldn't have got MF.

Vendelkin
11-17-2018, 08:04 AM
Who'd you play it as? if you are struggling use someone with a full guard and this weeks is pretty easy. TBH this week has been the easiest for me so far. Also weekly quests are about using the environment and what your given.

For example on the first stage this round you are given the knockback bonus (which sucks cause you cant feint combo or anything, specially as aramusha...) BUT you are put in an arena with massive flames everywhere. Its possible to literally get one push on the valk into the flame, and then use well timed lights that because of the knockback shove them into the flame again and juggle her all the way to death just by posturing in the right place.

Velentix
11-17-2018, 08:28 AM
I beat it with warlord fairly easy. But I was playing as tiandi, and almost every light I sent out got parried, enough to make me not do lights unless it was guaranteed damage. That combined with my palm strike being input read every single time plus the inability to parry left me with turtling and taking huge chip damage until I could pop revenge.

I could do reaction dodge heavies, but a good chunk of the time she ends up parrying those...The problem I had was I couldn't play mind games with her, she goes straight robot and reads my inputs and punishes everything I do.

Edit: the stage I couldnt pass with tiandi is I think the third, where there are two valks one bleeds to death but has to be executed, the other has massive health buff. No environmental help unfortunately.

UbiInsulin
11-17-2018, 09:28 PM
Sorry it's been a frustrating experience for some of you. We stated that more people are losing in Arcade than we would like on the last Warrior's Den, so it's being looked at.