View Full Version : For honor youtubers

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-14-2018, 07:10 AM
https://youtu.be/RtZlNltxdRA

https://youtu.be/JFSLVxtJQa8

I found these interesting

Blitzwarrior771
11-14-2018, 07:44 AM
Nice videos 👍👍agree 100% . Fix parry balance will be fixed . I think Iím gonna get nuxia or Shaolin and beat them with the stick just for fun. Iím done talking .

SixAxe505
11-14-2018, 09:40 PM
I feel the throw mechanic video was very interesting. The parry one was also good. To summarize for those that don't want to watch the videos;

1. Suggests that the parry mechanic is too functional and as long as it's around will always push a defensive meta.

2. Suggests that all competitive fighting games follow a Trinity. Jab beats throw. Throw beats guard. Guard beats jab. He considers removing guardbreak and replacing it with a throw option. Makes a reference towards Nuxia traps as a potential throw.

Ubiflowessence
11-14-2018, 10:57 PM
interesting videos! Does anyone have their own opinions on parrying mechanics?

Devils-_-legacy
11-14-2018, 11:19 PM

Imo Keep it as it is

DefiledDragon
11-14-2018, 11:28 PM

it's too easy. Shorten the window to 50 - 75ms. Also, remove static guard and replace it with reflex guard with a 150ms decay for everyone.

Vordred
11-14-2018, 11:39 PM
yeah, parry needs changing, it as always been a problem. i would also say remove it, if you want to keep something like it, they give everyone superior block on one of their attacks. as they are much harder to pull off than parry.

but really parry and dodge attacks to a degree have always been the bane of this game, as they reward the defender with damage for very little risk (rather than just rewarding them with not taking damage) and heavily punish the attack for daring to throw an attack, hence why we ended up with the defensive meta and staring contests.

which then resulted in adding a ton of fast lights, bashes, unblockables and so on to counter it, rather than fix the root problem, and we get to the current mess the game is in.

the only main problem here, is it seems like it's to far gone at this point, sorting out parry back in the day would have been great, but now, if removed parry and changed the core systems, almost every character would need a rework to tone them down a bit

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-15-2018, 01:04 AM
You could make only unblockables parriable and add chip damage (?and block stamina burn? IDK) into the game for normal (now unparriable) heavies. Blocking light attacks would not or would cause chip damage as a way to buff or debuffed the system throughout the classes for balancing purposes when results come about.

Lights should not be parriable either for better universal balancing between PC and console.

Deflects are a universal balance issue as they are easier on PC. I would suggest making deflects as hard on PC as it is on console so it's nearly impossible on both systems. You could increase the damage to compensate for the difficulty.

As for GB thing...i don't know.

I like defileddragons idea of everyone having a reflex guard.

Mini1900
11-15-2018, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE=Ubiflowessence;13780520]interesting videos! Does anyone have their own opinions on parrying mechanics?[/QUOTE

-Remove parry from lights and heavy attacks! parry should only work for unblockables, give every hero mix attack with unblockable.
-Everyattack should be undodgeable, attacks can only get block. Only bashes should be dodgeable.
-Give every hero a bash>>Kick, fist ,shoulderbash, shieldbash, jumpattack whatever .

This sound easy but in gameplay will be very hard to do the exact right thing at the right moment, U see attack : u need to block U see unblockable : u need to parry , U see bashes : you need to dodge . I mean every FIGHT game has something to do in right moment if not you will get punish. DODGE ATTACK BLOCK, if you give ability to dodge everything ! IF you really use ur brain right u actually dont need any parry , you can dodge every attack, combination,chain and give your punish. Or if u you can parry everything its samething , you can do it all time which is the problem these days !

you might think how it will be in 4v4, if all attack in sametime 1/10 damage, 1. you willnt have this ******** 4 man blind attack ( light heavy bash ) one man to death anymore AND you can add more fighter to 1 game which will make this GAME much more interessting . like 10v10 which everyone fight for his life in a honorful fight . I mean this game called for honor , but all this gank 1v4 1v3 and how the ledge works in this game . This game shouldnt be for honor but , lets kids have fun and throl eachother.

YOU WILL HAVE THE PERFECT BALANCE GAME ! JUST TRY IT !!