PDA

View Full Version : Executions

La-Sleepyraptor
11-13-2018, 11:18 PM
Does anyone else wish they had some dialogue when you execute someone

UbiInsulin
11-13-2018, 11:36 PM
Any particular dialogue you'd be interested in for an execution you're fond of?

ChampionRuby50g
11-13-2018, 11:53 PM
Git Gud and Yeet

Blitzwarrior771
11-14-2018, 01:43 AM
If Im the one executed I would like lots of words that starts with F word pls 🤔

bannex19
11-14-2018, 01:46 AM
Maybe some french guy that can barely speak english talking about game mechanics?

johansans
11-14-2018, 06:25 AM
Don't some characters already have this? Cent's "pugna non perfecta est" for example

Tyrjo
11-14-2018, 09:55 AM
I think we should have more voice work in emotes and executions. Since the we didn't get the audio update they tested on the PTR just yet, we still don't hear anything but grunts ourselves when we emote.

Lukynu
11-14-2018, 10:09 AM
If there are gonna be more lines added to excetuions, i dont care what they are, but only if there are multiple ones for single execution, or else its gonna get hella repetitive listening to the same line every time. In which case i myself would prefer no lines then. Tho I do really dig whatever warlord says (feast for crows?) when he throws his shield into their hands and executes them straight up executioner style.

Jazz117Volkov
11-14-2018, 11:29 AM
Any particular dialogue you'd be interested in for an execution you're fond of?Would be cool if dialogue in executions reflected the faction, or even the class, if the RDS goes that deep. Some heroes would opt for taunting, like, I don't think Berserker is ever going to not have bloodlust, but the more noble heroes could make reference to their enemy's gods or afterlife, that'd be a nice touch. I think there's room for the victims having final words too, unfortunately the majority of animations focus too much on retconning their identities for the sake of the victor's erection. It makes little sense for a Warlord to celebrate his acceptance into Valhalla when he's turned tail and ran from a Shaman, only to get stabbed in the back...some Warlord he turned out to be.

I think we should have more voice work in emotes and executions. Since the we didn't get the audio update they tested on the PTR just yet, we still don't hear anything but grunts ourselves when we emote.Yeah, it was so good in the PTR when I used Morale Boost on my Warden and she shouted something, I think in Latin. My morale was boosted.

Goat_of_Vermund
11-14-2018, 11:56 AM
I think this would make sense, and would be a nice addition of course. Just leave the MmmmIserum guy out of it (or make voice choosable for the character).

Marette_124
11-15-2018, 02:25 AM
Any particular dialogue you'd be interested in for an execution you're fond of?

Although not exactly the same thing, I would suggest having more audio feedback from the one being executed. Right now all the characters don't make any sort of sound during any of the executions even if it would make sense for them to do so.

So for example, during the new Nobushi execution, when she karate chops them to the throat they just fall backwards clutching their neck, but don't make any sort of sound. There should be some random choking sounds that play.

But yeah, right now all the victims are dead silent during all the executions. Changing that would be my suggestion if you ever round up all the voice actors again.

Of course, you can also go with Blitzwarrior's suggestion and have the victim start cursing off mid animation, lol.

atac56
11-15-2018, 07:19 PM
the characters use incomprehensible language in game lol execution dialogue doesn't matter if you cannot understand them. that being said, I think it is perfectly fine as it is. Terrafleega and Nosubestus sound cool despite having no meaning

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-15-2018, 10:44 PM
"Im gonna eat ya! Im bigger than you. Im higher on the food chain. Get in my belly!" ....in Japanese for Shugoki

darksavior1977
11-16-2018, 05:16 AM
I'd like more fast executions, it is a mechanical advantage now that the soldiers in any game mode they are in interrupt them. Shame too, because as cool as some of the longer ones are, for my money I will not invest in them because I play mostly in 4v4 modes and the odds of interruption are significantly higher on slower, longer executions now.

AramenThePiper
11-19-2018, 06:56 PM
Yep, I agree that we need more voice lines.
With Marching Fire, A LOT of voice lines has been removed. People like Shugoki, Aramusha, Lawbringer or Berserker has different set of lines and quotes for executions, attacks and emotes depending if they were or weren't on your team. Also all of the revive quotes, both the english AND the native tongue ones, have been removed.
Example? Shugoki shouted ''DOJA!?'' while hitting with a heavy attack if he was on the opposing side, whereas in the allied team he would just shout a generic grunt.
The most glariing aspect of this was Lawbringer though: he had a different voice acting entirely if he was an opponent or an ally.
Highlander instead has a large number of unused quotes as well.

Ubisoft, please give us all the voice lines you have removed _

Vakris_One
11-20-2018, 02:23 AM
the characters use incomprehensible language in game lol execution dialogue doesn't matter if you cannot understand them. that being said, I think it is perfectly fine as it is. Terrafleega and Nosubestus sound cool despite having no meaning
They do have meaning, they're just not spoken in English. Those two phrases for example are both in Latin.

Te affligam means "I'll crush you!"

No superstes means "No survivors!"

The Knights speak Latin, the Samurai speak Japanese and the Vikings speak Icelandic, which is the closest you can get to old Norse.

Hormly
11-20-2018, 02:42 AM
Based on past attempts at voice acting maybe we should just leave well enough alone

p0wn3rki11
11-20-2018, 12:24 PM
This would be neat, provided it isn't too cringy (glares at Kensei Translations) or too annoying or frequent (Glares even angrier at Tiandi). Not sure how they would do these things or what they would be, but i would be interested to see what the dev team came up with. Problem is, word on the street as to why the voice update didn't hit was because of the train wreck it became. Some VA's couldn't be re-gotten, and the ones that they replaced were not as good (see warden male and highlander) so recording new lines for the executions might be difficult. And it might seem half assed if they just threw in existing lines.

p0wn3rki11
11-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Yep, I agree that we need more voice lines.
With Marching Fire, A LOT of voice lines has been removed. People like Shugoki, Aramusha, Lawbringer or Berserker has different set of lines and quotes for executions, attacks and emotes depending if they were or weren't on your team. Also all of the revive quotes, both the english AND the native tongue ones, have been removed.
Example? Shugoki shouted ''DOJA!?'' while hitting with a heavy attack if he was on the opposing side, whereas in the allied team he would just shout a generic grunt.
The most glariing aspect of this was Lawbringer though: he had a different voice acting entirely if he was an opponent or an ally.
Highlander instead has a large number of unused quotes as well.

Ubisoft, please give us all the voice lines you have removed _

I miss some of those revive lines...it gave the characters life and gave us a chuckle every now and then....like male gladiator saying "Don't touch me." when being revived. Gives him the feel that he is self centered and ungrateful....now its just hollow....and I am curious as to why they were removed.

ytrecvbnm
11-20-2018, 02:36 PM
Can we have the Shaman say 'Yummy!'?

Vakris_One
11-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Can we have the Shaman say 'Yummy!'?
I'd vote yes to her singing,

"Yummy, yummy, yummy. I got love in my tummy and I feel like a-lovin you"