PDA

View Full Version : i give up, this game just isn't fun to me anymore

Vordred
11-13-2018, 04:03 PM
it's a shame, because i do love the concept of this game.

but it has devolved into a mess, the combat system is just not currently fun, and the wu lin and lack of updating of old cast, show the devs either don't know what they are doing, or just don't care.

trying to play raider vs a team of 2 JJ and 2 Shaolin was aggravating to the point where i quit the game, something i never normally do.

i used to take a break and come back each season, but not this time, i used to defend the devs in the early days and say that they could pull a Siege and get the game back on track. but this one seems to be going further and further off the rails.

maybe there is hope for a for honor 2 or a clone down the road, but lost all faith in this game and just is not enjoyable anymore

iadvisoryi
11-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't buy a for honor 2. Not unless it was catered to Either console or all platforms and balanced accordingly.

Vordred
11-13-2018, 04:32 PM
yeah well, i would hope they would have enough sense to not make that mistake again, though that said, they didn't have the common sense to make a fighting game based on reaction 60fps in the first place, so who knows.

ky_wild
11-13-2018, 06:23 PM
Try to think about it this way:

They release new characters, people playing these characters will find out how to do alright with them fairly quickly, especially since they are always exposed to the hero they play

People not playing these characters will have a much slower progress getting used fighting against them. So what you experience right now might be temporary. Think about how much time you've had to adapt to all the previous heroes in the game compared to the new ones.

I personally don't find the new heroes frustrating to play against, its just a bit awkward because I'm not used to them and all the different play styles people have with them.

iadvisoryi
11-13-2018, 08:13 PM
Try to think about it this way:

They release new characters, people playing these characters will find out how to do alright with them fairly quickly, especially since they are always exposed to the hero they play

People not playing these characters will have a much slower progress getting used fighting against them. So what you experience right now might be temporary. Think about how much time you've had to adapt to all the previous heroes in the game compared to the new ones.

I personally don't find the new heroes frustrating to play against, its just a bit awkward because I'm not used to them and all the different play styles people have with them.

If you play on PC then your comment is valid and understandable, if your on console then you must be the calmest human on Earth lol

MarshalMoriarty
11-14-2018, 05:36 AM
They made a huge mistake releasing 4 new characters at once IMO. Especially with their early access being the crown jewel of the paid for dlc, you could bet they were going to be really powerful. With 4 extremely tough new sets to learn to fight against and the fact that players starved of new characters meaning that the Wu Lin are everywhere is all making life very difficult right now.

I really think they should have stuck to the old formula, releasing 2 per season.

MrB3NX
11-14-2018, 09:28 AM
For Honor 2 would absolutely make no sense

it is best to have the same game and update it and improve it

look at league of legends for example , they kept working on their game for about 10 years and it's one of the most successful games out there

Also i'm very happy with releasing 4 heroes at once because they represent a new faction

i'd still wan't to see a new hero every season from the existing factions

and i'm very excited to see a new faction in 2019 that would be epic .

Tyrjo
11-14-2018, 09:57 AM
I've had my most fun when I played an original hero against another original hero lately. That says something about the direction the game is going.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-14-2018, 03:03 PM
It's funny that during the turtle meta people showed signs of being frustrated. In the spam meta people show signs of resignation due to being stress out. So many people saying its not fun anymore. I wonder what the biological changes were between the sessions for the player base.

BaelinFisherman
11-14-2018, 04:42 PM
If you play on PC then your comment is valid and understandable, if your on console then you must be the calmest human on Earth lol

I don't care what anyone says, even on PC they have serious issues. I LOVE Raevyn, a FH youtuber, but he says basically the same thing; Wu Lin are fine on PC and a nightmare on console. But I'm going to cal shenanigans on that. Even on PC, certain moves and/or recovery times are ****ing insane and stupidly OP. Especially with Tiandi and Shoulin (and I love Tiandi, but Christ alive!)

On PC there are things about them that are far too strong, let alone console.

BaelinFisherman
11-14-2018, 04:52 PM
It's funny that during the turtle meta people showed signs of being frustrated. In the spam meta people show signs of resignation due to being stress out. So many people saying its not fun anymore. I wonder what the biological changes were between the sessions for the player base.

Wtf even is this comment? It makes no sense.

First of all, the turtle meta is still here. It hasn't been gotten rid of at all. You can still, almost always, just turtle up, play strictly defensively, and only ever attack when it is safe. Chip damage does nothing to stop the turtle meta because it does not kill. Fast lights don't change the turtle meta because the people skilled at turtling just wait for those so they can parry. A light cannot be feitned, so it is perfectly safe for them to parry it--or in the case of assassins, deflect it.

Openers are still necessary for characters to be able to break through and get damage on turtles. Something all of the wu lin have. But the bottom line is, aside from lag issues, everything is reactable (though some moves are questionable there). And as long as that is the case, the turtle meta is going to live on.

Second of all, you mention the spam meta, as if people spamming (and likewise getting pissed off about it) is a new thing. It's not. But even against light spam, a good turtle is not going to suffer, because they WANT you to throw lights. That is their chance to get free damage. Same with commited heavy attacks or side dodges, etc.

People have been spamming since season 1 and probably even in the beta. And people have always complained about super spammy moves. So nothing has changed here, aside from the number of super spammy moves available to people to use.

The_B0G_
11-14-2018, 05:05 PM
I feel the same way, but I'm not ready to give up completely just yet, I think I'll always keep For Honor around for when I'm in the mood for some medieval combat (probably only vs AI).

That being said, I've played the game one day for about an hour in the last month, and I still don't feel like playing it. I never even liked traditional fighting games like street fighter or mortal kombat.

I would play them with buddies for a laugh while smoking a few joints or having a few beer but thats it, and maybe that's why I'm starting to dislike the game now, it's becoming like most traditional fight games and keeps speeding up, and like I've said in many posts it's mentally exhausting to play now, there's no commitment to any attack, everything is cancelled multiple times before an attack is thrown and the attack that is usually thrown is too fast to react to anyway.

I agree with the OP, the game is becoming less and less fun every update. I think they tried to do too many things to get rid of the defence meta, the parry changes alone would have been a big help, now every single rework is getting light spam and unblockable feint pressure moves.

I feel like I could have put up with defense meta, because I was putting up with it, but the spam meta just drains the fun from the game. Playing defence is becoming a roll of the dice, a rock paper scissors simulator.

The_B0G_
11-14-2018, 05:32 PM

First of all, the turtle meta is still here. It hasn't been gotten rid of at all. You can still, almost always, just turtle up, play strictly defensively, and only ever attack when it is safe. Chip damage does nothing to stop the turtle meta because it does not kill. Fast lights don't change the turtle meta because the people skilled at turtling just wait for those so they can parry. A light cannot be feitned, so it is perfectly safe for them to parry it--or in the case of assassins, deflect it.

Openers are still necessary for characters to be able to break through and get damage on turtles. Something all of the wu lin have. But the bottom line is, aside from lag issues, everything is reactable (though some moves are questionable there). And as long as that is the case, the turtle meta is going to live on.

Second of all, you mention the spam meta, as if people spamming (and likewise getting pissed off about it) is a new thing. It's not. But even against light spam, a good turtle is not going to suffer, because they WANT you to throw lights. That is their chance to get free damage. Same with commited heavy attacks or side dodges, etc.

People have been spamming since season 1 and probably even in the beta. And people have always complained about super spammy moves. So nothing has changed here, aside from the number of super spammy moves available to people to use.

I can tell you play on PC just from your write up. The games are completely different between PC and console, that's why it doesn't make sense for you.

What I got from what he said is that the defence meta was frustrating because every 1 v 1 was a staring contest, but with mind games you could get the upper hand. With the current spam meta there doesn't seem to be a way to improve your skill and get better passed a certain point, besides getting better at spamming out your characters move more efficiently, since more and more attacks are becoming unreactable, and guessing isn't an actual skill you can improve.

BaelinFisherman
11-14-2018, 06:06 PM
I can tell you play on PC just from your write up. The games are completely different between PC and console, that's why it doesn't make sense for you.

What I got from what he said is that the defence meta was frustrating because every 1 v 1 was a staring contest, but with mind games you could get the upper hand. With the current spam meta there doesn't seem to be a way to improve your skill and get better passed a certain point, besides getting better at spamming out your characters move more efficiently, since more and more attacks are becoming unreactable, and guessing isn't an actual skill you can improve.

On console, yeah, 400ms attacks are probably nigh impossible to react to at 30 fps. But on PC, this is not the case at all. Not even Orochi with his lights are unreactable. I even can occasionally parry one, though I seldom take that risk with my bad parry timing on fast lights.

But yeah, I am speaking from a PC players perspective, and at lest on PC, I don't feel the turtle meta has been changed or affected whatsoever--the caveat here being that this applies to SKILLED turtles.

I would certainly say that the increase in faster attacks has affected BAD turtles, making them think the turtle meta is dealt with. But it's not, as any good turtle can still just stand and have a staring contest 1v1 until the enemy dares throw an attack.

Maybe this is not the case on console, and I can see why. Not so with PC, however.

dedric_branford
11-14-2018, 06:15 PM
On console, yeah, 400ms attacks are probably nigh impossible to react to at 30 fps. But on PC, this is not the case at all. Not even Orochi with his lights are unreactable. I even can occasionally parry one, though I seldom take that risk with my bad parry timing on fast lights.

But yeah, I am speaking from a PC players perspective, and at lest on PC, I don't feel the turtle meta has been changed or affected whatsoever--the caveat here being that this applies to SKILLED turtles.

I would certainly say that the increase in faster attacks has affected BAD turtles, making them think the turtle meta is dealt with. But it's not, as any good turtle can still just stand and have a staring contest 1v1 until the enemy dares throw an attack.

Maybe this is not the case on console, and I can see why. Not so with PC, however.

I agree with ur statement. 400ms lights are not a problem on pc. thats why we have unreactable like the ones shaolin uses..

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-14-2018, 07:07 PM

Im talking about cortisol levels and endorphins from playing this game. The difference between frustrated and giving up. It's possible that the higher stress of matching fires spam feast in 4v4s has made the game go from fun to not fun due to stress. Everyone turtles so now everyone is suffering due to its bombardment by easy spammables to melt defense.

BaelinFisherman
11-14-2018, 07:17 PM
Im talking about cortisol levels and endorphins from playing this game. The difference between frustrated and giving up. It's possible that the higher stress of matching fires spam feast in 4v4s has made the game go from fun to not fun due to stress.

I can see it. Light spam is frustrating af, even if it can be dealt with.

But I suspect fatigue over years of expecting Ubi to fix the balance of the game, only to see, time and time again, that the direction they want to take the game in, is not the same one the majority of the community wants. More are realizing that what we expected, what they PROMISED early on, is not going to happen. This game will never be a good competitive, fair game. And more and more people are realizing this and it's hitting home.

That's my theory anyway. Ubi is making people very jaded, and lose any hope at all in this game's direction.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-14-2018, 07:29 PM
I can see it. Light spam is frustrating af, even if it can be dealt with.

But I suspect fatigue over years of expecting Ubi to fix the balance of the game, only to see, time and time again, that the direction they want to take the game in, is not the same one the majority of the community wants. More are realizing that what we expected, what they PROMISED early on, is not going to happen. This game will never be a good competitive, fair game. And more and more people are realizing this and it's hitting home.

That's my theory anyway. Ubi is making people very jaded, and lose any hope at all in this game's direction.

I also believe ubi is making people jaded/lose hope for the above reasons.