PDA

View Full Version : New Character Nerf Discussions

Quiksilver6504
11-13-2018, 12:09 AM
Iíve had a few people message me after I beat them with Jiang Jun claiming that heís broken and needs a nerf.. all Iím saying is that If someone really learns a characters move set, combo his faints and unblockables to succeed in victory how is that a need for a nerf.. the character isnít broken, you just havenít been able to adapt and overcome his strategy. Iíve been taken down by plenty of year one characters by players that truly know how to use them. I was an Orochi Main from the gate on day one until they reworked him and people started light spamming (Iím on Xbox One X) so you can imagine the Orochi try hards Iím come across.. the point of this forum is people need to realize that fighting a person who really took the time to learn and practice a characters move set and abilities is clearly different from fighting a broken character that needs a nerf.

Blitzwarrior771
11-13-2018, 12:24 AM
All that will change when u meet veteran orochi . Much faster much better at light attacks u canít throw heavy attacks because of parry .

ArchDukeInstinct
11-13-2018, 01:16 AM
The only issues Jian Jung has is that he does a little too much damage and his attacks are visually deceptive as far as parry timings go. Otherwise he seems like no big deal to me.

SixAxe505
11-13-2018, 01:40 AM
Too much damage on top of DECEPTIVE visuals in a game about literally responding to actions at the milisecond level....but it's no big deal?????????????????

Three things people agree on about Jiang Jung that's needs to change:

1. Too much damage for the speed. Nerf one or the other.

2. Sifu Stance is too rewarding/ mostly risk-free when used. Inb4 raime and others immediately jump in and start paraphrasing, mostly does not mean all the time. It does mean that most of the cast has a very hard time punishing him for it though. I personally just want the ability to use it while oos gone.

3. His attacks do not line up with his animation. This is not a slight oversight, this is huge. Sight is everything and if what you are seeing is off slightly to when you need to respond, then imagine the same issue when you introduce latency and what not. Pure cancer. This should be priority number one in fixes.

That is all. Unless we talking about tiandi, Nuxia, and Shaolin too.

UbiInsulin
11-13-2018, 02:39 AM
Too much damage on top of DECEPTIVE visuals in a game about literally responding to actions at the milisecond level....but it's no big deal?????????????????

Three things people agree on about Jiang Jung that's needs to change:

1. Too much damage for the speed. Nerf one or the other.

2. Sifu Stance is too rewarding/ mostly risk-free when used. Inb4 raime and others immediately jump in and start paraphrasing, mostly does not mean all the time. It does mean that most of the cast has a very hard time punishing him for it though. I personally just want the ability to use it while oos gone.

3. His attacks do not line up with his animation. This is not a slight oversight, this is huge. Sight is everything and if what you are seeing is off slightly to when you need to respond, then imagine the same issue when you introduce latency and what not. Pure cancer. This should be priority number one in fixes.

That is all. Unless we talking about tiandi, Nuxia, and Shaolin too.

3. is definitely an issue we've made sure to bring to the team's attention. I think general concerns with his damage have also been noted.

ArchDukeInstinct
11-13-2018, 02:49 AM

Besides those two things, yes, he's no big deal.

Herbstlicht
11-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Well, I honestly do no longer care too much about the perfect duel balance. I'd give this game a C for duel balance, so its playable, but some characters have huge advantages over others. My main concern is that Team games feel fair. And - at least on console (!) JJ is a real beast. The reason is simple. Fast, high damage, high stamina, cleave, hyperarmor, unblockables, kick into wallsplat. Now add to this that his unblockable finishers deal 40 damage - or more depending on feats or revenge - and are so easily accessable, I'd say we have a slight problem. Same with guaranteed parry punish. Not that it would be over the top in a duel, but its incredible strong in team fight situations.
If I could make somes changes, well, pretty much like Ubi already replied: Fixing animations (big thing!) and afterwards tune the numbers. Hyperarmor heavy opener plus 5 damage, unblockable finisher - 5 damage, both zones - 3 damage.
This way he would loose some damage on his zone, on his finishers, but his overall damage won't be reduced by much and his efficiency in duels beside a slightly lower heavy punish almost untouched. If this wasn't enough, I'd look into his lights and tune those down by 2 damage or so, but this might already be too much.
Stuff I wouldnt touch would be his running attack. Might deal alot of damage, specially when you get both hits in, but I'd say its easy enough to defend against and in the situations where you can get it somehow, well, it looks cool, it looks strong and it doesn't decide games. So keep it the way it is :3