PDA

View Full Version : Question Is the Abstergo logo Public Domain?

AC2_iizz-cOO
11-13-2018, 12:05 AM
I'm asking for the purpose of ordering a custom hat that would have the logo embroidered on it. The site I'm getting it from asks that whatever design I upload to the hat, I should have full rights and permission to use it. Obviously that doesn't apply to me, so would uploading Abstergo's logo potentially bring any legal trouble?
From the little research I was able to pull up before, it seems as long as I'm not using the logo in order to gain profit for myself, then I think it's okay? Since the hat will be for myself with no plans of selling, I won't be gaining any money from it. But still, that's only a guess and I'd to know for sure from someone who knows better than me. I'd love to support Ubisoft directly by buying a hat sold from them but I'm pretty set on having the Abstergo logo (first name starts with an A so it fits doubly so: name plus one of my favorite game series) and there's nothing like that on their or any other store I've found :(

UbiSnout
11-14-2018, 01:27 AM
I'm asking for the purpose of ordering a custom hat that would have the logo embroidered on it. The site I'm getting it from asks that whatever design I upload to the hat, I should have full rights and permission to use it. Obviously that doesn't apply to me, so would uploading Abstergo's logo potentially bring any legal trouble? (...)(

Hi AC2_iizz-cOO,

Welcome on the forums! You can find Assassin's Creed inspired hat right here in our store. (https://store.ubi.com/us/clothing/apparel/hats/?lang=en_USl) :)
We don't feature any Abstergo hat at the moment but we update the apparel line very often. Check back soon.