PDA

View Full Version : Japan

smurfalper3
11-12-2018, 07:33 PM
will there ever be an Assasins Creed based in Japan?

Olympus2018
11-12-2018, 08:14 PM
No one knows yet. AC China happened already, although it was not a proper AC game.

TH3R4BB1T
11-12-2018, 08:50 PM
We all been asking for it many years, we only got a crap China version in 'Chronicles' and probably will never get a Japan full game version. My guess is that the next will be even more further in the past to probably near the ones who came before. Japan is not in that line, that would take us more to AC3/AC4.

quanzaizai
11-12-2018, 08:54 PM
no one know but the dev sure know we want it and definitely there are assassin brotherhood in Japan, the only thing is whether they want to make a game about it or not, I hope they keep the best for last :)

strigoi1958
11-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Personally I wouldn't want a game in Japan. I don't see an Assassin-Ninja mixture working... having karate moves would just make it a martial arts game and I don't think we need another one of those even if AC was a "Flawless Victory" ;)

Plus, AC games historical side and notable historical people/ places/ events.... how many people can name any from Japan? (without using google) Mount Fuji is the only thing I can tell you about Japan... oh and Sake, their rice wine, other than that, I cannot recall any famous globally known historical people or events.

Across Europe, the Middle East, North and South America, India even China and Australia most people can name landmarks, notable people from history or events. An AC game in Japan would probably be the first game that the majority of players would have no idea who the notable character were, or what importance the locations have or even what importance the events have in Japanese history.

I'm not saying it will never happen but I don't see how it could happen. To me it is crossing genres and moving away from all the usual history that most people have at least heard mentioned.

If anyone can make it happen, Ubi can, and they'd make it a great game. So you never know, keep asking and it might get made.

MnemonicSyntax
11-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Do not want this.

DanonMight
11-12-2018, 10:35 PM
Yeah I'm waiting for AC in Japan since brotherhood. Although I would love to see Vikings or king Arthur era setting

strigoi1958
11-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Yeah I'm waiting for AC in Japan since brotherhood. Although I would love to see Vikings or king Arthur era setting

Well Vikings have Mythical creatures and gods and a lot of history, King Arthur plus Excalibur or even a Robin Hood... either way, again lots of history to relate to, but I'm not convinced many people know much Japanese history... I'm certain there is a lot but it's not widely known outside Japan.

UbiCosmos
11-13-2018, 12:11 AM
Hello smurfalper3,

Welcome to our Community! :D I am moving your post over to the General Assassin's Creed discussion forum, since this is not directly about Odyssey.

similarly
11-13-2018, 01:26 AM
Places I'd love to see:
Japan (Meiji era, about the time Japan became international, modernized its army, and disbanded the samurai).
China (during the time of the early emperors, maybe even during the time of the first emperor).
Mexico, during the conquest by Spain.
England during the wars between Saxon and Normans.
Denmark during the time of Beowulf.
Africa during the Boer War.
India during The Indian Rebellion of 1857.