PDA

View Full Version : Cheating Bots (not input reads)

Estillon
11-12-2018, 03:13 PM
Hello Ubi,

Could you please tell your bots to stop cheating???

I am referring to two specific cheats that seem to have crept up with Marching Fire. I may very well be wrong about the timing but I've only recently noticed them.

(After getting my a** handed out to me one too many times in pvp, I'll go play a few Dominion games by myself to unwind. Needless to say, I play a lot of Dominion games solo!)

- Resuscitating bots. Dead bot in the middle of no where with no friendly bot around and the circle around the cross magically fills up until the bot is back up and at it again. I see this one a LOT! At first, I though it may be a long-range revive with the friendly bot being directly over or under, or on the other side of a wall if the dead bot was leaning against the wall (which would still be a bug) but I see it regularly in places where it's just not possible such as the walkway above the bassin in the Forge or in the middle of minion lane in Sentinel.

- Sniper AOE bots. I first saw this one while I was in tactical view after dying. This was on the River Fort map but since then I've seen it in a couple of maps. A Shugoki at point A launched an Arrow Storm dead centered on an enemy bot at point B! (And yeah, I know it was from the Shugoki. There was only one Shugo on the team and I immediately checked and matched the name on the scoreboard.) I know the radius of AS is quite large, but the shot was perfectly centered on the bot. As you know, there is no direct line of sight from point A to point B on River Fort. I would have chalked this one off to luck but, as I've stated, I've been noticing it more and more since that first time and it's especially obvious on River Fort and Sentinel.

Thank you.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-12-2018, 04:45 PM
I've seen the bots do long range res, but never a self res outside of the Warlord feat. As for the River Fort incident. There is in fact a sightline from A to B from the points at the edge of point A where people can be thrown into the spiked moat below. From C to B I could see as suspicious as there is a building between C and the center of B.

Devils-_-legacy
11-12-2018, 04:55 PM
I've had the sniper ones on all of the dominion maps I always assumed it was intended

Estillon
11-12-2018, 07:08 PM
I've seen the bots do long range res, but never a self res outside of the Warlord feat. As for the River Fort incident. There is in fact a sightline from A to B from the points at the edge of point A where people can be thrown into the spiked moat below. From C to B I could see as suspicious as there is a building between C and the center of B.

1) Yeah, but even Warlord's feat does not do the res circle filling up thingy.

2) Oops! I meant from the top of A to point C, with B being the minion lane.. And not even directly into point C. It was along the alley that runs in front of point C, but behind the building. No way to know that there is in fact someone there from point A.

UbiInsulin
11-12-2018, 08:55 PM
What level bots are you noticing these issues with? Do you happen to have video of these issues?

Devils-_-legacy
11-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Lvl 3 bots for my self and no i don't tend to record my gameplay for bots

Estillon
11-12-2018, 09:48 PM
What level bots are you noticing these issues with? Do you happen to have video of these issues?

My bots feel like Level 2's. Not push-overs, but not input-readers either. I'll check.

I can easily get a video of the resuscitating bots. I'll try to do that tonight.

The sniper bot will be a bit more complicated though. Best way to witness it in action is in the tactical map when dead (can we see the tactical map when not dead?). It's especially easy if the perpetrator is a Shugoki! He kinda sticks out as a big blob moving around the map...

Estillon
11-13-2018, 12:54 PM

Ok. First, I'd like to start by saying I should not have used "resuscitating". I used the word for flavor, but now I really believe that it is in fact long-range reviving.

While I was trying to get a bot to perform for the camera, it happened to me twice!

In Gauntlet, I was dead in the center of the smaller of the two zones (A? the one without the pit in the center) and a gladiator bot standing on one of the walkways revived me.

In Beachhead, I was dead near the check in the wall at the back of zone C and a raider bot standing just outside the limits of the zone started reviving me. He got interrupted by an enemy bot.

Anyway, here's a pretty good clip from the Gauntlet :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vWzwfeS0xbonc2FuOIApiLefsQ8lxVnv

SangLong524
11-13-2018, 03:12 PM
I have seen plenty of remote revive, with all 3 levels of bots.
I have not encountered sniper bots, though. I suppose it can't be helped if they are a bit too good. they have the game on their side. Anything less may cause them to under-perform. it wouldn't do if that bot is replacing someone who just leaves.

Estillon
11-13-2018, 03:51 PM
I have seen plenty of remote revive, with all 3 levels of bots.

Since release or Marching Fire?

I've only started noticing them.

SangLong524
11-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Since release or Marching Fire?

I've only started noticing them.

Yes, definitely. it started since MF release. At first, i thought it was some funny bug. It is still around.

UbiInsulin
11-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Ok. First, I'd like to start by saying I should not have used "resuscitating". I used the word for flavor, but now I really believe that it is in fact long-range reviving.

While I was trying to get a bot to perform for the camera, it happened to me twice!

In Gauntlet, I was dead in the center of the smaller of the two zones (A? the one without the pit in the center) and a gladiator bot standing on one of the walkways revived me.

In Beachhead, I was dead near the check in the wall at the back of zone C and a raider bot standing just outside the limits of the zone started reviving me. He got interrupted by an enemy bot.

Anyway, here's a pretty good clip from the Gauntlet :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vWzwfeS0xbonc2FuOIApiLefsQ8lxVnv

Thanks, much appreciated!