PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know anything about centurion buffs?

segnor_bandito
11-11-2018, 02:34 PM
Hello guys, writing this down after being tired of getting pushed back and forth from A/S tier heroes like: conq, warden, wulin in general, etc... the question is simple are any buffs for centurion coming in the future? or at least do you think he will get some, there's no way he can just stay like this till the game eventually dies in the next years, poor roman boi is fookin C tier he is being bullied literally by everyone, obvs it's the other way around if the skills of said opponent are questionable cause no way a good player will loose to a centurion considering our options while fighting. thanks for reading keep your salt from law mains atc.. away from here plos

MarshalMoriarty
11-11-2018, 02:56 PM
Its highly unlikely. He seems to be considered 'good enough' by Ubi. Which is probably code for 'people still buy him and use him, and we don't want the headache people gave us when we released him'.

He's sort of like mages in Dark Souls. Hasn't been broken for years, everyone knows he's underpowered, yet people still utterly hate you and call you a coward if you use him.

segnor_bandito
11-11-2018, 03:03 PM
i think they refer to 4 v 4 and i sure hope so cause then yes he's kind of nice not OMG JJ lvl but he's nice, tough im talking overall of duel too wich is where he sooks the most :/

EvoX.
11-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Have been hoping the same since the beginning of this year.

Blitzwarrior771
11-11-2018, 07:12 PM
Is not really about skills of opponent , once centurion get into his zone anyone is destroyed . Over the time people just learn to deal with centurion and not to get too close . Same thing with kensei people block and dodge everything he trows at them . New wulin is gonna be the same once we learn the moves and tricks .

Knight_Raime
11-11-2018, 07:57 PM
We know they're working on something. Because the last? blog write up they did they mentioned him, LB, and I think shugoki all have terrible offensive options and they were looking for ways to buff said offensive options. Problem is i'm not sure what they consider offensive for centurion. So I can't give a guess on that.

Wookiescantfly
11-11-2018, 08:25 PM
Honestly centurion has a great offensive kit; he just needs some numbers tweaking. As much as it pains me to admit this, but if he saw a return to a slightly diluted form of what he as on release then he'd probably be pretty viable rn.

UbiInsulin
11-11-2018, 08:43 PM
Honestly centurion has a great offensive kit; he just needs some numbers tweaking. As much as it pains me to admit this, but if he saw a return to a slightly diluted form of what he as on release then he'd probably be pretty viable rn.

Which numbers would you tweak? And for OP, what buffs would you like to see?

Blitzwarrior771
11-12-2018, 05:26 AM
The jj and lawbringer enters the tunnel on breach facing 1 centurion guess who exits the tunnel ? Yup centurion is master of tight spaces 😂

Phenoloth
11-12-2018, 05:36 AM
More health, zone that can be cancelled, side dash kick, feintable kick (like from warden, tiandi and all reworked heros), feintable unblockable and hyper armor for some attacks..

Blitzwarrior771
11-12-2018, 06:18 AM
And I want good salad with that and Diet Coke

Phenoloth
11-12-2018, 06:43 AM
And I want good salad with that and Diet Coke

wow..

Wookiescantfly
11-12-2018, 06:58 AM
Which numbers would you tweak? And for OP, what buffs would you like to see?

Charged Heavy 800ms from 1000ms
Fully Charged Heavy changed to 1000ms from 1200ms
Dash Heavy changed to 800ms from 900ms
Jab changed to 600ms from 700ms
Fully Charged Jab changed to 900ms from 1000ms

His light attacks feel kinda slow, but, after double checking his frame data to make sure, they're already 500ms so it's probably just how many visible frames his animation has. Other than those, I'd also make it so that his zone could be feinted after the first hit.

Of course this is old frame data, so if these numbers have already been changed I'd defo like to see that list. A more well versed Centurion player will also likely be able to give much better insight than myself.

Blitzwarrior771
11-12-2018, 07:40 AM
Thatís for duels they would kill the team game imagine 2-3 centurion ganks

Phenoloth
11-12-2018, 08:38 AM
Thatís for duels they would kill the team game imagine 2-3 centurion ganks

You imagine 2 JJs that recently joined For Honor and right now killing a team ez.. or 2 Tiandi or 2 Monk.. etc.

Giving brand new hero's totally new movesets with all possible tools while leaving the rest far behind destroys balance.

Stop glorify nonsense horror scenarious with old cutscene cent.. it's not a thing anymore since so many nerfs..