PDA

View Full Version : Balancing, updates, etc

iadvisoryi
11-11-2018, 11:44 AM
First off, why do the developers tailor the balance for PC? Most of the player base if I'm not mistaken is on console. And if not, why not do separate system updates? It makes no logical sense to me that one side has to basically "suck it up" with the balance that's meant for another system.

Second, if there is not at least a two week balance patch (so 2 balance patches per month consistently) this game will NEVER be balanced, fun, and fair. Community majority feedback needs to be taken, on top of consistent updates 2 times a month to keep things fresh and flowing on top of eliminating some BS in the game.

Third, revenge. Revenge is in a good spot, however obtaining it, is not. If I'm in a 1v3 situation, and I'm against let's say a highlander, raider, and a Shaolin (random). Your telling me that if raider picks me up and wall splats me, he, and his entire team, essentially gets to beat on me while I'm cc'd by raider? Give players damage reduction/resistance to outside sources when under cc. So if I'm grabbed by raider, make the damage he does to me while I'm under that effect normal, but make it so if his team is hitting me while I'm under that effect, I take reduced damage FROM THEM and them only, let raider do his true damage and once his cc grab and animation is over, let the damage be normal again.
Now, same situation, this time let's say 2 Highlanders and a tiandi, and I'm in a corner. Let's say tiandi kicks me, I'm getting hit by two unblockable 40 dmg heavies by highlander and two more are coming in, but you get killed so fast that either you can't pop it, or don't even obtain it. Noticeably more Revenge meter should be gained when being hit by an unblockable ATTACK (unblockable lights, heavies, zones) not shoves, sb, etc. This will make a team think twice about full sending every ub and cc move in their kit, and make them work together with strategy in team fights. This will also change how team fights work, probably will slow the pace down a SLIGHT bit, making enjoying the fight more fun, and in a "against all odds" situation, in return, give the person being ganked, opportunity to attack the group while out of revenge. Because as it stands, if you attack while getting ganked your getting punted into a wall and bullied. And to specify a little more, I mean an ub attack that lands have it gain more meter, not if you parry/Dodge it.

MrB3NX
11-11-2018, 11:56 AM
You need to understand that console players are inferior to their superior the PC players

I advise you to have a better gaming experience to switch to PC and feel the real joy of gaming

All games developers create their games on PC'S and then convert it to poor console players .

Illyrian_King
11-11-2018, 12:04 PM
This video explains everything. Just listen to it.

https://youtu.be/938ul8Ng4Bg

iadvisoryi
11-11-2018, 12:05 PM
You need to understand that console players are inferior to their superior the PC players

I advise you to have a better gaming experience to switch to PC and feel the real joy of gaming

All games developers create their games on PC'S and then convert it to poor console players .

This whole article and this is what you reply with? This is what you decided to draw people's attention to? I have a high end gaming PC, I enjoy the feeling and platform of console more, I enjoy controllers more. So cut the bs "PC Master race" people have their preferences and reasons to be on console over PC and it's not money related. Your comment is ignorant and didn't provide any input on the topic at hand, so good job.

iadvisoryi
11-11-2018, 12:10 PM
This video explains everything. Just listen to it.

https://youtu.be/938ul8Ng4Bg

Listening to it currently, thank you for the link. Could you provide some feedback on the rough revenge/ub/cc changes and system that I talked about above?

dedric_branford
11-11-2018, 02:19 PM

A good gaming pc with ultra graphics and 144 fps is better. btw i prefer 1080p with 144 fps than 4k. i feel competative games require more fps

iadvisoryi
11-11-2018, 03:26 PM
A good gaming pc with ultra graphics and 144 fps is better. btw i prefer 1080p with 144 fps than 4k. i feel competative games require more fps

Thanks, now can you please give input on the subject at hand.

dedric_branford
11-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Thanks, now can you please give input on the subject at hand.

I just meant to say that playing the game on pc is fun and enjoyable. U dont get attacked by orochis with 400 ms light attack . you could say the game was made for PC. consoles have more input lag and is locked at 30 fps. these conditions make it an infuriating experience for a player facing the spam meta.

you could even say pc players defeat the wu lin heros easily. shaolin is really easy to defeat using a kensei . the spam meta dont work on pc. spamming only gets u killed

iadvisoryi
11-11-2018, 03:56 PM
I just meant to say that playing the game on pc is fun and enjoyable. U dont get attacked by orochis with 400 ms light attack . you could say the game was made for PC. consoles have more input lag and is locked at 30 fps. these conditions make it an infuriating experience for a player facing the spam meta.

you could even say pc players defeat the wu lin heros easily. shaolin is really easy to defeat using a kensei . the spam meta dont work on pc. spamming only gets u killed

Nowhere in my post did I talk about spam, I don't have trouble with it. All that must be nice, but console community heavily outweighs PC. Therefore the game SHOULD be balanced for console but it's not. So Ubisoft needs to get rid of the spamming/speed issue with better more unique updates to old characters other than making them fast. I don't struggle with any wulin, I don't think any of em are broken, Shaolin overall is too strong though, they packed every single feature of every character inti him. Also I don't think it's spam meta, armor and mix/mind games rule imo

iadvisoryi
11-11-2018, 04:06 PM
I agree with you overall, but I was asking for input on the other mechanics I suggested so maybe just maybe Ubisoft will listen to the community on both platforms, changes, that we agree on.

Illyrian_King
11-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Listening to it currently, thank you for the link. Could you provide some feedback on the rough revenge/ub/cc changes and system that I talked about above?

Well ... all I can say for sure is, that revenge should NEVER be able to get full in 1vs1. I fight enemies in 4vs4 often in solo fights and they always trigger that revenge.

Also the system does not differ between bashes like a still reactable Lawbringer Block Shove with bo big punish and and a Warden 40dmg guaranteed shoulder bash top heavy.
It gives the same amount of revenge and this is really bad.

dedric_branford
11-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Nowhere in my post did I talk about spam, I don't have trouble with it. All that must be nice, but console community heavily outweighs PC. Therefore the game SHOULD be balanced for console but it's not. So Ubisoft needs to get rid of the spamming/speed issue with better more unique updates to old characters other than making them fast. I don't struggle with any wulin, I don't think any of em are broken, Shaolin overall is too strong though, they packed every single feature of every character inti him. Also I don't think it's spam meta, armor and mix/mind games rule imo

i am sorry to say that most players dont keep track of patches. they just play the game in a normal casual way. many dont know this forum even exist. if frequent changes are made they wil not know that it even happened. that is why updates are made in every season not monthly .

DefiledDragon
11-11-2018, 07:40 PM
This whole article and this is what you reply with? This is what you decided to draw people's attention to? I have a high end gaming PC, I enjoy the feeling and platform of console more, I enjoy controllers more. So cut the bs "PC Master race" people have their preferences and reasons to be on console over PC and it's not money related. Your comment is ignorant and didn't provide any input on the topic at hand, so good job.

You know you can use console controllers on a PC? Even wireless ones? I use my 360 pads for my PC when I'm playing controller-centric games.

UbiInsulin
11-11-2018, 08:55 PM
We'll continue to let the team know that balancing for consoles and more frequent balance updates are frequent topics of discussion in the community.

Also, as a general note of warning: don't make "console war/PC is better" type posts. They're lame, side-track every thread they appear in, and that conversation has been had millions of times and never gone anywhere constructive.

https://media.giphy.com/media/7GdEV2krKYwk8/giphy.gif