PDA

View Full Version : This forum needs better differentiation

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-11-2018, 06:26 AM
So that people's opinion are weighted properly. Most don't put the stuff in their profile like Rep score, overall Kd, mains, what system they play on.

I left a message in my profile as to what I am currently. Point of fact I hate putting this information out there because I'm sure it will be used against me with people lying about theirs and saying get gud. But this is me being completely open.

So next time I post anyone can see where I'm coming from without me having to explain it to them. I personally think im better than average at most games I play like in most shootemup games my Kd is usually very close to a 1.63. Not bad but not a legend either.

I invite others to do the same on their profile.

MarshalMoriarty
11-11-2018, 07:00 AM
I suppose you can look people up on FH tracker, but my info on there is wrong. Or I was reading it wrong perhaps. Plus it has my total playing time at roughly half of what it is actually is.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-11-2018, 07:33 AM
I suppose you can look people up on FH tracker, but my info on there is wrong. Or I was reading it wrong perhaps. Plus it has my total playing time at roughly half of what it is actually is.
If you changed your name tag it might not show past data. This name, crimsonmonkey, isn't my name on Xbox anymore. Just on this forum.

MarshalMoriarty
11-11-2018, 01:03 PM
I conducted secret research and it seems that FHT doesn't count assists or bots in its tallies. Its strictly on people you dealt the killing blow versus deaths. And another value which includes assists I think but still excludes bots. As to the play time discrepency, it might only track time spent in PvP and not time in the menus. That's all I can think of since my time in the single player can't be much more 6-7 hours at most and I don't play in PvE really. I can't have more than 2-3 hours in any of those.

It seems an odd way to track stuff, since full kills and assists can often be pure luck on who got the final blow. But it is what it is, I suppose.

DefiledDragon
11-11-2018, 07:44 PM
So that people's opinion are weighted properly. Most don't put the stuff in their profile like Rep score, overall Kd, mains, what system they play on.

I left a message in my profile as to what I am currently. Point of fact I hate putting this information out there because I'm sure it will be used against me with people lying about theirs and saying get gud. But this is me being completely open.

So next time I post anyone can see where I'm coming from without me having to explain it to them. I personally think im better than average at most games I play like in most shootemup games my Kd is usually very close to a 1.63. Not bad but not a legend either.

I invite others to do the same on their profile.

Weighted by who exactly? Do you honestly think Ubisoft gives an actual turd what the people on here say? If so, I see no evidence of it. As for opinions being weighted by the rest of the community, who cares? Do you really care if I take you seriously or not? Do you care if I, or anybody else thinks you know what you're talking about or not?

Knight_Raime
11-11-2018, 07:54 PM
What would be the point of this? The game itself already doesn't count matches into it's stats if not everyone is at least rep 1. And in duels it throws out the match if both players are not the same rep. On forums I can only see this be a form of gate keeping.

Devils-_-legacy
11-11-2018, 07:55 PM
People used to use fh tracker as the best reference for users info like kd ect(it excludes bots and ai and gave you your total ingame play time )but thats bust sine MF release now people are stuck with Ubisoft's own tracker that is wildly inaccurate as it adds in pvai bots so there's not much point in adding in.

UbiInsulin
11-11-2018, 08:07 PM
I only ever see people use that info to flame, to be honest, which you yourself have experienced.

ChampionRuby50g
11-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Iím rep 186 so my opinion is law youíre just a noob whose rep 40 lol donít even talk to me if your k/d is under 2, git gud.

Thatís all bringing rep and K/D into discussions will do. All itís ever done in the past.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Weighted by who exactly? Do you honestly think Ubisoft gives an actual turd what the people on here say? If so, I see no evidence of it. As for opinions being weighted by the rest of the community, who cares? Do you really care if I take you seriously or not? Do you care if I, or anybody else thinks you know what you're talking about or not?

This forum is just ambiguous data without it. Honestly what is the point of sharing your opinion or reading someone else's if you don't even know if it's applicable?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Iím rep 186 so my opinion is law youíre just a noob whose rep 40 lol donít even talk to me if your k/d is under 2, git gud.

Thatís all bringing rep and K/D into discussions will do. All itís ever done in the past.

It's data of for honor. Don't get hung up on how people's use that data.

Devils-_-legacy
11-11-2018, 09:11 PM
What are you even using to get the information as a reference as the for Honor's own in-game tracker is kinda poor and FHTracker hasn't been updated since MF

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-11-2018, 09:22 PM
What are you even using to get the information as a reference as the for Honor's own in-game tracker is kinda poor and FHTracker hasn't been updated since MF

Yes that is what I used. Unless you have a better way of tracking?

Devils-_-legacy
11-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Yes that is what I used. Unless you have a better way of tracking?
Nope I just wouldn't use the in game version as it's wildly inaccurate.
Ive always used fh tacker as it doesn't include vs ai /assists/bot kills unless they get a fix it wouldn't trust the ubisoft one

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-11-2018, 09:56 PM
Nope I just wouldn't use the in game version as it's wildly inaccurate.
Ive always used fh tacker as it doesn't include vs ai /assists/bot kills unless they get a fix it wouldn't trust the ubisoft one

My Kd was slightly lower probably due to the assists being subjective. I don't play bots much. I made the change in my message if that is considered more accurate.

UbiInsulin
11-11-2018, 10:05 PM
This forum is just ambiguous data without it. Honestly what is the point of sharing your opinion or reading someone else's if you don't even know if it's applicable.

I'd rather have the ambiguity than see people trying to mathematically rank the value of each other's posts, which sounds like a nightmare. People already search each other on FHtracker when they want to find ammunition to flame with. Integrating this directly into the forums is not something I'd recommend.

Besides, I rarely see people claim to be more skilled than they are. There's been plenty of threads by players who want the game balanced around more casual play (i.e. their own level of play) rather than competitive.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-11-2018, 10:33 PM
I'd rather have the ambiguity than see people trying to mathematically rank the value of each other's posts, which sounds like a nightmare. People already search each other on FHtracker when they want to find ammunition to flame with. Integrating this directly into the forums is not something I'd recommend.

Besides, I rarely see people claim to be more skilled than they are. There's been plenty of threads by players who want the game balanced around more casual play (i.e. their own level of play) rather than competitive.

That is perfectly fine. I'm a casual player. It's data. I put all my data on there as best as I could. If I did not what sort of reaction do you think I'd get? What sort of example would I be?

If people want to leave out what they consider personal that is certainly their prerogative. I completely understand.

It would be nice to at least know if the person is on PC or console as this pertains to many subjects that come up and is less personal I believe.

DefiledDragon
11-11-2018, 10:33 PM
This forum is just ambiguous data without it. Honestly what is the point of sharing your opinion or reading someone else's if you don't even know if it's applicable?

I can judge if they're talking sense based on my own knowledge of the game and my own perception of the subject being discussed. Also, if I'm wrong, it gives me an opportunity to learn something. It's also a point that having good reactions doesn't necessarily mean somebody is going to talk sense about the game, the direction it should take, or indeed any other particular topic.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-11-2018, 11:01 PM
I can judge if they're talking sense based on my own knowledge of the game and my own perception of the subject being discussed. Also, if I'm wrong, it gives me an opportunity to learn something. It's also a point that having good reactions doesn't necessarily mean somebody is going to talk sense about the game, the direction it should take, or indeed any other particular topic.

Your perception is based on information.

DefiledDragon
11-12-2018, 03:21 AM
Your perception is based on information.

Yeah, of course it is, but how good a player was at the game would likely not change my perception. I'm not opposed to the idea of people waving their e-peens if they so choose, but I think that it would be folly to equate it's size with the value of their opinions.

Vakris_One
11-12-2018, 04:07 AM
It's rather simple really, at least in my opinion. If a person is talking sense then they're talking sense and I will be more inclined to hear what they have to say. I don't need to see their in-game statistics or their gaming CV or the size of their majestic e-peen to decide whether they're worth listening to or not. What they write and how they express themselves will be the judge of that.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-12-2018, 04:53 AM
Yeah, of course it is, but how good a player was at the game would likely not change my perception. I'm not opposed to the idea of people waving their e-peens if they so choose, but I think that it would be folly to equate it's size with the value of their opinions.
Isn't that exactly what ubisoft is doing when modeling the game after competitive play?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-12-2018, 05:59 AM
It's rather simple really, at least in my opinion. If a person is talking sense then they're talking sense and I will be more inclined to hear what they have to say. I don't need to see their in-game statistics or their gaming CV or the size of their majestic e-peen to decide whether they're worth listening to or not. What they write and how they express themselves will be the judge of that.

Your view is bias. You're judging their sense on yours. You might be agreeing or disagreeing on false pretenses. Knowing a person's background information is helpful in not disseminating a false narrative within the subject matter.

ChampionRuby50g
11-12-2018, 06:37 AM

Iím just telling it how it is mate. Iíve been on this forum for over a year now and viewed thousands of posts, and in all of those posts when rep and k/d get brought into the discussion itís always used to troll or flame. Thereís a reason why the moderation team has said in the past to not bring up FH Tracker into conversations. If you canít see that itís not going to benefit anyone or anything, I donít know what else to say.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Iím just telling it how it is mate. Iíve been on this forum for over a year now and viewed thousands of posts, and in all of those posts when rep and k/d get brought into the discussion itís always used to troll or flame. Thereís a reason why the moderation team has said in the past to not bring up FH Tracker into conversations. If you canít see that itís not going to benefit anyone or anything, I donít know what else to say.

I do see your point as it seems to be sensitive and will take your advice. Thank you. I was apparently over zealous in developing the exchange of information format.

I've deleted all numerical information in my message to better serve the spirit of its intention as the precedence it serves, hopefully, without too much diminishment from the lack of full disclosure.

Hopefully, In the future more data of a numerical nature can be covered without fear of ridicule or reproach.

DefiledDragon
11-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Isn't that exactly what ubisoft is doing when modeling the game after competitive play?

Yes, it is and while I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, I do think that doing so exclusively and to the detriment of the experience of the other 98% of the playerbase is a mistake. You isolate the majority at your peril.

Vakris_One
11-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Your view is bias. You're judging their sense on yours. You might be agreeing or disagreeing on false pretenses. Knowing a person's background information is helpful in not disseminating a false narrative within the subject matter.
My view is determined by how many facts are contained within a person's arguments. Facts are unbiased. FH Tracker stats are just a bunch of statistics, they don't tell you anything about how skilled or how much expertise a player has, whether they play primarily in premade teams or in matchmaking or whether they face tough opponents or are simply using a smurf account. Without context statistics are just numbers on a screen.

Did you know, for example, that task killing the game in order to quit out of losing a match does not count as a loss on your records? There used to be an infamous PC player who was well known for rage quitting a match every single time he was losing. He became a meme within the Reddit community but his FH Tracker stats are incredibly high. This guy was in the top 0.01% of players according to the statistics but in reality he was an incredibly bad player that simply padded his K/D ratio. The flaw in your logic is that you would potentially give this type of person undeservedly high significance based solely on numbers without context.

And then we have the inevitable flaming and pettiness that happens every time someone brings up in-game stats in order to belittle and undermine someone else when they find they cannot beat their arguments with facts and logic. It happens absolutely every time when in-game stats are brought into a debate and it all gets very toxic, very fast.

Alustar.
11-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Statistics should never be used as measure of how valid a persons OPINION is. K/D is a horribly lacking measure of skill, as that doesn't tell you where their skill actually lies. It doesn't tell you their ability to block/parry or avoid attacks, nor does it tell you how they operate in team matches. Only try hards and no lifers rely on something like match wins and K/D to validate the opinions of others. Basically you are saying that unless someone performs on your skewed view of skill, their thoughts on balance and game mechanics are invalid, which is counter productive to having constructive debates, as well as making informed and relevant discussions. That is more harmful to the community.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-12-2018, 04:08 PM
My view is determined by how many facts are contained within a person's arguments. Facts are unbiased. FH Tracker stats are just a bunch of statistics, they don't tell you anything about how skilled or how much expertise a player has, whether they play primarily in premade teams or in matchmaking or whether they face tough opponents or are simply using a smurf account. Without context statistics are just numbers on a screen.

Did you know, for example, that task killing the game in order to quit out of losing a match does not count as a loss on your records? There used to be an infamous PC player who was well known for rage quitting a match every single time he was losing. He became a meme within the Reddit community but his FH Tracker stats are incredibly high. This guy was in the top 0.01% of players according to the statistics but in reality he was an incredibly bad player that simply padded his K/D ratio. The flaw in your logic is that you would potentially give this type of person undeservedly high significance based solely on numbers without context.

And then we have the inevitable flaming and pettiness that happens every time someone brings up in-game stats in order to belittle and undermine someone else when they find they cannot beat their arguments with facts and logic. It happens absolutely every time when in-game stats are brought into a debate and it all gets very toxic, very fast.
I respect your opinion about Kd and it's inherent flaws. It is used by others and myself as a means of distinguishing skill level. I don't want to argue one bit of data I placed in the first message nor my personal beliefs on why it should or shouldn't be included. I will say it is apparently too sensitive of a subject for people. I see that now. So there is no point in discussing the merits of its use or it's flaws at this time. People use it to judge so I included it. I didn't want to however at the time I thought full disclosure would be appropriate for what I was trying to accomplish.

The idea behind giving some background information is logical for reasons I've already stated. That is my primary concern.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Statistics should never be used as measure of how valid a persons OPINION is. K/D is a horribly lacking measure of skill, as that doesn't tell you where their skill actually lies. It doesn't tell you their ability to block/parry or avoid attacks, nor does it tell you how they operate in team matches. Only try hards and no lifers rely on something like match wins and K/D to validate the opinions of others. Basically you are saying that unless someone performs on your skewed view of skill, their thoughts on balance and game mechanics are invalid, which is counter productive to having constructive debates, as well as making informed and relevant discussions. That is more harmful to the community.

People including myself use KD as information. Much like economics of today it is flawed but it is used regardless for lack of a better alternative. How people use it is their prerogative. Bigotry towards me or others that find KD useful is pointless.

Vakris_One
11-12-2018, 04:32 PM
I respect your opinion about Kd and it's inherent flaws. It is used by others and myself as a means of distinguishing skill level. I don't want to argue one bit of data I placed in the first message nor my personal beliefs on why it should or shouldn't be included. I will say it is apparently too sensitive of a subject for people. I see that now. So there is no point in discussing the merits of its use or it's flaws at this time. People use it to judge so I included it. I didn't want to however at the time I thought full disclosure would be appropriate for what I was trying to accomplish.

The idea behind giving some background information is logical for reasons I've already stated. That is my primary concern.
Fair enough. If I may ask what's your ultimate reason for wanting game stats tied to forum credibility? Is it to promote a way of sorting feedback and suggestions into most relevant to least relevant?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Yes, it is and while I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, I do think that doing so exclusively and to the detriment of the experience of the other 98% of the playerbase is a mistake. You isolate the majority at your peril.

Of that we agree. You don't have to use how good a player is as exclusive information to make an decision. You could use other information as well like do they only play duels, do they only play on PC, did they just start playing the game, do they play a specific character, do they only play AI ect. KD, in my opinion, is useful to know but only one piece of the puzzle to better make an "informed" discussion on matters being discussed in this forum. That is my intention.
People should take what others say on this forum from the other person's perspective as best as they can which is why it would be nice if we had that information at our disposal.
If you had my information and read a post I made that said "Centurion is fine right now. No need to buff him" you would know from my profile that I don't usually play centurion, I am probably using shugoki to fight him, I'm a decent/vet player, I'm fighting on dominion or breach on Xbox. All that information would not have been available to you had I not put it on my profile.
Someone made a post recently that shugoki needed to have his passive HA removed because he, a conqueror, was getting his as handed to him by the thick boy. I posted that shugoki isn't a good match-up with his character and the call for a Nerf was unnecessary (I forget my exact words). By looking at my profile now he could see more detail about my play style to validate or negate my comment for himself more easily.