PDA

View Full Version : help with co op on hyperlobby

DanKurt
03-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Hi,
Tried mp for the first time last night and was hoping host a 2 person co op mission through hyperlobby. Problem was that every time my friend tried to connect it would time out!
If we connected to someone elses co op mission it was fine.
Any ideas what we did wrong?
Should I follow a different procedure to connect a 2 person coop mission?

DanKurt
03-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Hi,
Tried mp for the first time last night and was hoping host a 2 person co op mission through hyperlobby. Problem was that every time my friend tried to connect it would time out!
If we connected to someone elses co op mission it was fine.
Any ideas what we did wrong?
Should I follow a different procedure to connect a 2 person coop mission?

ytareh
03-24-2008, 07:31 AM
It can be notoriously difficult to host missions/servers/coops yourself on Hyperlobby(not by any fault of the excellent program itself) even though you can connect and fly no problem on other servers yourself.I couldnt do it while using a router and only managed in the end using a modem connected directly .You can try 'port forwarding'/static IP etc etc etc until the cows come home but it only works for some people ...

JG52MadAdler
03-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Sounds like a router or firewall issue on the host part. You will have to configure it to allow you to host. I just disable mine when I host and turn it back on after.

JG53Hunter
03-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi,
if you've got a router check your NAT-settings (network adress translation, port forwarding) and make sure the port 21000 TCP and UDP is forwarded to your PC (lokal IP).

Thats what ruins it for me every time i want to host and im behind another router than my own.