PDA

View Full Version : can't block light spam? is guard broken or something?

Buggy.Blaster
11-10-2018, 07:07 AM
even if i block what feels to be in time the attacks are going through. is there some new guard timing lag or something thats not allowing me to block in time? its ********! the light spam meta sux already but if my block is bugged then its even worse. whats up with the blocking ubi? anything was changed here? also attacks will often time go right through my block and hit me.. whats up with this? poor gaming experience. I've even had opponents say to me..didnt u block that? how did i go through your block. please do something about this. did the lag compensation actually make this worse? i really don't know but i don't like it.

SnizzyWizzy
11-10-2018, 07:10 AM
This has been happening to me too. Also dodging has not always been accurate lately as well! Cant dodge attacks that should. Feeling clunky lately, balance the clunkiness of the game too!

Miadous
11-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Yes, there have been several posts about this topic since Marching Fire. I haven't personally seen Ubisoft respond on the matter, though. I can slow down video and watch attacks go through guard, or guard doesn't switch when the right stick moves in a direction in time before the attack, or the guard just turns black right before the attack even when I already have the guard in the correct position to block. It also seems to be harder to dodge CC type moves like Tiandi kick and palm strike, Shaolin kick, Valkyrie sweep, etc. I have a recording of a Tiandi doing a literal 90 degree turn during palm strike to hit me because I did a dodge attack to avoid his palm strike. It actually happens a lot. Sometimes the person that is kicking or punching will do almost an entire 180 to hit me instead of the game letting me dodge the attack. So yes, this game has gotten worse since the expansion and I don't see Ubisoft doing anything about it anytime soon. The devs of this particular game move like sloths.

matt89connor
11-10-2018, 10:28 AM
i have really high problems on react on zerk, an orochi chain attacks, they have soo many options of where they can attack, so i try always to predict but is a 33% chance

Erhanninja
11-10-2018, 11:13 PM
I realised there are a lot of things broken after MF update. For example bots reviving somebody died at the bottom of the stairs from at the top!?! Iím having difficulties blocking even second attacks from same direction.

Huzzah_Wilson
11-11-2018, 09:40 PM
I realised there are a lot of things broken after MF update. For example bots reviving somebody died at the bottom of the stairs from at the top!?! I’m having difficulties blocking even second attacks from same direction.

I just saw that happen today!! I was fighting bots and they were on the verge of elimination when the one left brought back a dead one I had walked past to get the living bot I was still no where close to! They were a good 100 steps apart. I've only seen this once, but I've noticed bots coming back fast without realizing what was going on. This happened on Dominion. Also, during duels and even in training I've noticed an almost complete lack of blocking when switching from top to lower angles. Its like the direction will not change til after the hit. In training you can watch the white indicator just NOT MOVE.This isn't a standard delay. I've been playing since Beta and this kind of bad timing glitches happen after big updates. This is not the first time. I was in duel today against a shinobi and I couldn't counter a single side attack from a distance. Thats AUTOMATIC by now and suddenly its impossible. I've done it thousands of times. Something is off.

SixAxe505
11-12-2018, 04:50 AM
You don't happen to play on Xbox do you? If so...well depending on the time and if you lost, I may have been that shinobi. Of course I was playing ranked duel though, so I guess that shortens the list of suspects.

MatsumotoXIII
11-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Have same problem.
My latency 10-13, when enemy have 30+ game looks like laggy. Enemy tell me that too. And in this spam sh**ty meta its rly problem. :mad:

SnizzyWizzy
11-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Ubi please respond to us. by not were assuming there is no fix? or you have no idea of this issue? both things scare me.. its making the light spam characters so un-fun to fight right now.

Playing_Mantis
11-13-2018, 01:38 PM
hello? ubi..?

UbiInsulin
11-13-2018, 08:45 PM
The team is aware of the reported issues with blocks/parries since the launch of Marching Fire. Thanks everyone for bringing this to our attention.

bannex19
11-14-2018, 04:28 AM
The team is aware but the 2 guys in the art department that still work on this game are too tied up making the next batch of modern art battle outfits to fix anything that the update broke.

p0wn3rki11
11-14-2018, 01:48 PM
I think something is up with guard in this game, and imo it is based in the penalty to guard when hit. With how fast characters are now, if you are hit from a failed guard or parry, the second hit seems to be guaranteed for some reason. Rare cases of zen moments where i frame perfect the block i can block it otherwise it consistently punishes me, especially on characters with reflex guard because you have to return to neutral with the control stick in order to block another attack...not roll it from left to top like a sane human being. But as for things messed up: double hits...they are SO common. My buddy and I like to duel occasionally to warm up before going into 4v4's and oftentimes he or i will block an attack and it will play the block animation and noise, but then immediately go "hm, nah" and hit the person anyway. I don't know if any of this seems familiar to you, but that's my take on the whole thing.