PDA

View Full Version : This game needs to change

The_Wanderer_I
11-10-2018, 03:44 AM
Ever since the perk system came out and the wu lin were released. This game hasnít been nearly as fun to play. Especially with so many heroes needing reworks. Come on ubi.

MarshalMoriarty
11-10-2018, 04:10 AM
I suspect they underestimated exactly how devastating the loss of Stamina management and Exhaust Recovery would be for the heavier guys. They really need to get on that pronto because you rarely see about half the roster for one reason or another now.

I still play my Lawbro because he's my original main and only the end of this game shall part us. But man is it hard work using him now...

DefiledDragon
11-10-2018, 04:44 AM
I hate the perks system. To me, it looks like a cash grab for steel pack sales. Every piece of gear I loot requires upgrading to be of any use whatsoever. Looting gear now is of no consequence to me. They're not rolling it back, that's for sure, but it's robbed me of any desire to rep up any of my regulars.

MarshalMoriarty
11-10-2018, 04:56 AM
The 'Refine' thing is particularly obnoxious. I get an ability to 250\260 and it costs like 325 Steel for that last +10?

Buggy.Blaster
11-10-2018, 06:41 AM
i don't mind the perks, only issue is they all are pretty lack luster and boring to be honest. they don't seem to be very rewarding game changers to me. for sure not going to spend money on them.

Blitzwarrior771
11-10-2018, 10:07 AM
try 4vs bots breach mode itís rewarding

matt89connor
11-10-2018, 10:10 AM
i like the perk sys, but many perks need to have a decent impact on battle , perks that give you 1 attack buff, or 10 seconds of speed, has no sense imo.

About the balance,we all knows that the heroes need to be balanced, i create a post for all to send to Devs (if moderators help us)

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1954560-DEVs-ASK-FOR-BALANCE-IDEAS-FROM-US-OK-PUT-YOURS-HERE

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Some perk are better than others. characters should be allowed to choose their perks. Also there should be an AI in place for perk armor choice so you don't have to waste time with it. As for heavy stamina they Nerfed shugokis stamina so no they either don't care or don't get it. The perk system is better for the game play but not the game as it is now.
Balancing the feats should have been more of a priority.

matt89connor
11-10-2018, 10:26 AM
Some perk are better than others. characters should be allowed to choose their perks. Also there should be an AI in place for perk armor choice so you don't have to waste time with it. As for heavy stamina they Nerfed shugokis stamina so no they either don't care or don't get it. The perk system is better for the game play but not the game as it is now.

agree with you

UbiInsulin
11-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Ever since the perk system came out and the wu lin were released. This game hasn’t been nearly as fun to play. Especially with so many heroes needing reworks. Come on ubi.

Where would you start if you wanted to make the game more fun to you again?

papa_joseph1
11-10-2018, 08:37 PM
In my honest thought, i feel as if Marching Fire is going to be one of the last breaths this game has unless Ubi steps up and does something, because right now it feels as if they stopped caring, they release broken update after broken update, and Marching Nerf hurt the heavies and heavy hybrid so hard they they are only played for the memes now and with no rework coming anytime soon for them, half the roster is just meaningless.

Right now, the meta is just to play as cancerous and unfair as possible, light spam, bomb attacks, shoving and other things that exist like such just have ruined any fun I have anymore with it.
I'm a Law Bringer main, and Ubi has basically told us just to "git gud" and refuses to tell us freaking anything about what they are going to do to fix anything.

I've not quite given up hope yet, i love the concept of this game, but every single time the devs want to add or change something, they take 1 step forward and 10 back with other things.

SirRegisKeg
11-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Let's face it , perks destroyed the other cast and effectively soft nerfed some characters. I said this day 1 when I took a serious look at the perk system. I spent 3 hours researching testing and messing with different perks. Let's not mentioned that not everyone is available every perk. As it stands the best perks are ones that heal you , ones that give slight shields. And ones that give you tiny defense buff on a zone. What a monumental waste of space to add a perk that gives you more renown. People were telling me "well now we can see the weakness of the other cast so ubisoft can fix them now" . Right because that's been consistent. Should I even complain that wu lin not only have excellent feats but the better part of perks too. Gear stats balanced the game as best as possible. You can say that gears helped assassins way more , but what changed with perks? Assassins still have the better assortment of the perk system. It's not "git gud" , it's either "git assassin" or "git wu lin"

Blitzwarrior771
11-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Letís not forget how boring old was . Players who defend dominated the fights even now but little less . Screw starring contest and endless turtling die hards . We want new faction similar to wulin mixem up bring more heroís in pls . You didnít fix defense and turtling up when U had a chance you didnít fix orochi and aramusha and light attack spam and now u talking how things are bad . Well things were bad in the past or even worst . **** hypocrites

SirRegisKeg
11-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Letís not forget how boring old was . Players who defend dominated the fights even now but little less . Screw starring contest and endless turtling die hards . We want new faction similar to wulin mixem up bring more heroís in pls . You didnít fix defense and turtling up when U had a chance you didnít fix orochi and aramusha and light attack spam and now u talking how things are bad . Well things were bad in the past or even worst . **** hypocrites

Turtling is stronger now what are you even talking about. I can sit there and block everything you do , and it goes hand in hand with really fast light attacks and stamina drain melee. The games wayyy more unbalanced than ever. We have breach now so there's less focus on the gameplay

Blitzwarrior771
11-10-2018, 10:22 PM
then why the **** u complain about assassin and wulin ? Keep turtling things will change .

PecarCZ
11-10-2018, 10:41 PM
Yea after gear stats remove there is no way how fight 1VX because before i got revenge from 2 or 3 peoples who attack me i got 10-15%hp.They are really need increase revenge gain from multiple attacks.

Erhanninja
11-10-2018, 11:47 PM
I main Nobu but after perk system she became literally unusable because she has no stamina at all. Then they say okay defensive yeah good luck with that while all those Chinese heroes have instant light attack spams and JJ recovering full stamina in half a second.

I never experienced stamina problem to this extent playing Kensei Warden Conq Glad or Shaolin.

I get barely one attack in OOS punish. Literally I run OOS before any other hero out there. And then recover after them.

They need to do something drastic. This game isnít new. It came to a point now either you play with Chinese heroes spamming **** or of people or donít. Worst heroes got nerfed in these game just to meet these new heroes.

Knight_Raime
11-11-2018, 01:27 AM
I have to disagree. Perk system made 4's playable for me. (well that and the stun deminishing return system that they added a bit back.) Still not happy with feats as a whole. But whatever.
And the wu-lin while not perfect give me hope that the devs can actually design good heros. As out of all the heros released prior to marching fire Shaman is the only hero that seems like she was a good designed character. There are maybe 5 heros from the OG roster that I think have good bones to their kits and wouldn't need a brand new kit.

MarshalMoriarty
11-11-2018, 04:48 AM
The upgrading and inventory system is garbage now. Having to upgrade multiple slots is such a con. And the clutter! I hate having cluttered inventory but the maths is so tight if you're going for 3 perks that you're forced to keep all sorts of gear until you finally get the right combinations in the various slots to reach the finish line for your 3 perks.

Before I could instantly tell if gear was what I needed. Now its 'Well, I might want it depending on what I get in the other slots'

darksavior1977
11-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Where would you start if you wanted to make the game more fun to you again?

In no particular order:

1. I'd use what you have gained from seeing all the stats come off gear to make some rebalancing to stamina and damage, many characters now suffer from too little stamina and not enough damage. Revenge is in a good place.

2. Make this game less tedious in many ways: Between minions now interrupting everything, as well as friendlies stunning you so much out of chains, this game is super frustrating to play, and often not because of anything the enemy team's heroes are doing. I now completely avoid: minion lanes in dominion, avoid the pikemen in breach, and generally back off when allies are up on the same target as me (especially god awful Valk, Nobushi, and Shugoki with their wide swings). This is one of the only games I have played that actively makes a person hate their own allies so much. Its not challenging in a fun way, its just frustrating, and largely making me lose interest in For Honor since Marching Fire released (all of these issues got worse since then).

3. Rework and buff the heroes that are weak and broken. This is a big one, so many heroes are just not worth picking over others now that with a roster 22 deep, there are like 5 or so that are worth using. That is not good.

We'll go with that for a start.

UbiInsulin
11-11-2018, 10:15 PM
In no particular order:

1. I'd use what you have gained from seeing all the stats come off gear to make some rebalancing to stamina and damage, many characters now suffer from too little stamina and not enough damage. Revenge is in a good place.

2. Make this game less tedious in many ways: Between minions now interrupting everything, as well as friendlies stunning you so much out of chains, this game is super frustrating to play, and often not because of anything the enemy team's heroes are doing. I now completely avoid: minion lanes in dominion, avoid the pikemen in breach, and generally back off when allies are up on the same target as me (especially god awful Valk, Nobushi, and Shugoki with their wide swings). This is one of the only games I have played that actively makes a person hate their own allies so much. Its not challenging in a fun way, its just frustrating, and largely making me lose interest in For Honor since Marching Fire released (all of these issues got worse since then).

3. Rework and buff the heroes that are weak and broken. This is a big one, so many heroes are just not worth picking over others now that with a roster 22 deep, there are like 5 or so that are worth using. That is not good.

We'll go with that for a start.

Thanks for these. I think 1. and 3. are very much on the team's mind. 2. is a bit trickier, as making friendly fire less likely/getting rid of minion interrupts has some implications for balance in 4v4 modes.

Blitzwarrior771
11-11-2018, 11:22 PM
And we all know that reworked heroís will be ****ing op so what kind of balance is this ?????maybe minor very minor work need on them . I like minions that interrupt executions and I like them agggresive if they are not part of the game then simply remove them stop giving the free points thatís exactly what is happening in dominion . I got my execution interupted on breath million times and I donít regret it . Extra 10 seconds is a lot and changes the outcome of the battle . Itís more challenging and interesting . Last stage of commander fight it takes 30 sec to respawn again at that time commander can be as well dead . DO NOT overbuff them for sure we will cry how lawbringer is too tough too fast too op to fight against . U buff we ask for nerf right away .

MarshalMoriarty
11-12-2018, 12:24 AM
Just getting rid of the whole 'Perks are allocated by Class' thing would be a start. Assassins can have Head Hunter to mitigate their low HP, but Heavies can't have Endurance to compensate for their woeful stamina management?

Playing_Mantis
11-13-2018, 01:36 PM
buffing heroes just means more spam I'm afraid.. i think they need to bring down the power of the top heroes and bring up the bad ones. making all the players op will not solve the issue of balance. they will all be too fast and op and less tactical if they are all made to be op.

Inzzane_79
11-14-2018, 12:25 PM
1. Light attack spam has to be worked. Itīs too much and teaches new players bad habits. Especially with the "block is not blocking" issue we have at the Moment

2. Lower the cost to upgrade your Equipment! Like another poster mentioned already, makes no sense to invest 300 steel to get 10 Points for a perk

3. Revert it that little minions can interrupt executions and revives. Itīs ok they attack us, maybe make it so they do a bit more damage to us when we are in a vulnerable state (reviving, executing)

4. Delete Centurion from the game lol (Just kidding, I just hate fighting that cheap character)

5. Show some love to your base characters!!!! There are some old ones that really need some of that