PDA

View Full Version : Weekly challenge 2: There are no words ubisoft, barely solo, co-op impossible

Lokaan
11-09-2018, 03:34 AM
Of course, when in co-op the AI has more health, fair enough. Increased difficulty through more buffs/debuffs in co-op challenges and more arena mechanics such as arrow vollies and catapults. But increasing the difficulty of the AI to god like is pointless and down right frustrating.

I can understand that you want to make it difficult, but making it near impossible is only going to frustrate loyal players, pro and casual alike. Don't get me wrong, seeing the occasional player with the effect is great to see. They have spammed and button mashed their way to unlocking them after 50 attempts and 5 hours later. But you shouldn't have to spam or button mash to overcome the AI. You try to use mix ups, every single attack they dodge or parry making strategy and forward thinking absolutely pointless.

If you're trying to make them as close to players as possible, you're failing miserably. Players do not have god like reflexes, dodge every attack, parry every attack and interupt every attack. Its an impossible challenge that you have to complete 50 times just to get 2 of the 4 effects for 'one' character.

I have also noticed that you have added buffs in certain arenas to try and compensate for the modifiers, such as shields or healing. But the god like AI eats through the shield or extra health before you have even got the first hit in. I am a loyal for honor player and will be until the game eventually ends, but this method of unlocking an 'ultra' rare effect through impossible means is only going to cause players to put down the game.

Solution, lower the difficulty of the AI to standard lvl 3 bots, but add more modifiers and arena mechanics such as explosions, arrows and soldiers, or even aspects of the arena that falls away giving to less room to fight. The levels of frustration you get from this challenge that isnt even justified by the journey or the reward that isnt even guaranteed from 40 attempts.

I like the effect but not the method of fighting unbeatable AI.

Wookiescantfly
11-09-2018, 03:47 AM
I did it in about 20 minutes on console. If you have a PS4 I'll help you out.

chukblok
11-09-2018, 04:00 AM
Ok so I finally did it. last week I couldnt make it past phase 3.
So i have mixed feelings. Because I went through a lot of bs and anger to get it. my wife was like get over it..its a video game (wives dont get it).
I agree with some of what you are saying. And yeah it took me close to 100 tries to get the effect. and i didnt get idle which is too bad.
I dont want it too much easier because it wouldnt feel “special”. However, one thing is clear, and thats they obviously do not expect you to win by brawling the bots, you will lose.
This week i relied almost exclusively on ledging. On phase 3 you have to basically ledge the JJ and shaolin almost right away. Ignore the JJ at start, run for the shield, roll by him straight for shaolin, wait by ledge - throw shaolin off, then JJ (granted luck plays a huge factor)
On phase 4 - i went straight for shield, and you have to let the aoe hazards play to your favour..AND once you have shield...just block, pop revenge, and chip away at both WITHOUT killing either...by then the buff will have respawned, grab it, build revenge, and then you MUST execute one quickly....then finish other
Again lots of luck. and its so so frustrating. again i agree with what you are saying here. it almost caused me to quit.

EvoX.
11-09-2018, 05:02 AM
This week's challenge is much easier than last's. Which chapter in particular are you having trouble with? If it's the last one, you don't have to fight both Tiandi at once.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-09-2018, 06:01 AM
This weekly is actually dramatically easier than the last due to the lack of the "Cheats Death" modifier. There are ledges on stages 1 and 3 for easy kills. Me and a friend can knock it out in 10 minutes on average. I am on PS4 if you need assistance.

DAC.CaSs
11-09-2018, 06:14 AM
**** this challange . i pay money for a **** arcade mode . wtf is the point of playng widouth UI ? .LOL . joke of a company with a joke of a game. ppl ar leaving but they put in no UI modifiers for new players to enjoy the game xD. brah seriously.Biggest mistake of my life to belive that they will rly try to make the game good :). perfect example here with arcade . no balance on the new fastest lights in the game on tiandi but "let's put a no UI challange against 2 tiandi " . not even funny anymore .

SunGoki
11-09-2018, 06:50 AM
**** this challange . i pay money for a **** arcade mode . wtf is the point of playng widouth UI ? .LOL . joke of a company with a joke of a game. ppl ar leaving but they put in no UI modifiers for new players to enjoy the game xD. brah seriously.Biggest mistake of my life to belive that they will rly try to make the game good :). perfect example here with arcade . no balance on the new fastest lights in the game on tiandi but "let's put a no UI challange against 2 tiandi " . not even funny anymore .

I am a Shugoki player, I am pretty scared to even try the new challenge lol

SixAxe505
11-09-2018, 07:18 AM
This weekly quest is perfect. Spaced out enemies, a decent challenge. Environmental buffs and ledges. I completed it solo with quite a few deaths, but it wasn't the tragedy that was the first weekly. I am afraid you will have to "get good". The most annoying part is the third wave, but even that's easy if you lure the enemies 1 by 1 to the 1st area and can kill them quickly. This does require the ability to parry or dodge attack your opponent, because without that you are lost. Also, guard break frequently. Ubisoft: Well Done! This is what a weekly should look like.

Wookiescantfly
11-09-2018, 07:21 AM
nah it was plenty of fun. Reminded me of when they used to rotate Realistic Dominion and Realistic Elimination as playlists. Which was basically those game modes with no fight UI.

Velentix
11-09-2018, 07:45 AM
I thought this week was significantly better than last week. That being said the nuxia stage took me a bit cause they parried everything and dodged all my openers. That stage was a fluke to pass and needs a good look at. The next stage was alright, I just burned JJ to death, ledged monk, buffed up and fought tiandi. As far as the last stage goes....I dont like the no UI mod so it sucked hard but was doable.
Overall I'd say nuxia stage was the posterboy for "dont make an arcade level like this" this week.

SpongyKun
11-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Here's the thing, the weekly quest isn't impossible this time, unless you play the wrong characters for the last stage as all the bots do is turtle, light spam and palm strike. Now I was playing co-op and I ended up unable to do jack because the catapult only fired at me when I did any actual damage which was dumb af. But it is doable, the issue is you have to turtle and keep building revenge, but even then they turtle and parry every damn attack.

For the first stage, you can ledge all three enemies, the second stage, there are spikes to throw them onto or counter gb them into, and a health buff if you need. The third stage is easy as you have fire, shield buff, attack and a ledge. But then the dreaded fourth round, a couple light spamming tiandi's that are timed if you don't go to one. Get the buff, and they both run over to you, fight one and they both end up fighting you. At least in my play-through, though the real issue is you need luck, either they'll be a little dumber than usual, or they'll be gods which is the frustrating part for me, and I'd say I'm fairly good and I get pissed at it, especially since I want the effects for my LB too, but he can't do anything against the two tiandi's. I found JJ is the absolute best hero to use in my experience.

Overall it's a better weekly quest, just sucks that they don't make good AI. I dislike the really low chance of getting the effect though, and was hoping to get different rewards weekly but I guess that takes effort.

Mysza-Haru
11-09-2018, 10:45 AM
For me this weekly is much better but still the level of diffuculty depends on the character you choose. For my nobushi stage 1 was nightmere. Only option -> ledge them all !!! Subsequent stages were challenging but possible. I have bigger concern about random generate quests. From my expirience they are not balance at all.

SpongyKun
11-09-2018, 11:02 AM
For me this weekly is much better but still the level of diffuculty depends on the character you choose. For my nobushi stage 1 was nightmere. Only option -> ledge them all !!! Subsequent stages were challenging but possible. I have bigger concern about random generate quests. From my expirience they are not balance at all.

Yeah, Nobu is one of the hardest heroes to finish it with, but I'd say most of the assassins are the worst for it.