PDA

View Full Version : new weekly arcade quest, next fail

Gastgrinder
11-08-2018, 08:17 PM
well done ubi, in the first weekly quest you need skill and luck, now you just need luck, which of course has absolutely no fun.
Do only idiots work in your team?
I would say next big fail ...

SixAxe505
11-08-2018, 08:35 PM
I have not yet tried the new weekly. Could you go into very painstaking detail so I can get a clear picture of what you are talking about.

Ubiflowessence
11-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Yes, I would also like to know what are some things about the weekly quests you found to be difficult and some things you wish were done differently? This goes for everyone on the thread as well!

Gastgrinder
11-08-2018, 08:51 PM
1st round, three shaolin make fire damage,is possible, thanks ledge.
2nd round, two nuxia spam light attacks and pretty much parrying everything, must be executed otherwise they will come back.
3rd round, probably the easiest of the quest (thanks ledge), JJ, Shaolin and Tiandi.
4rd round, two tiandi respawns when not executed and you have no Game UI, pure cancer.

I completed the quest twice in about an hour, with warden.
is easier than last week but it is absolutely no fun because you never have the control and it is very luck dependent.

SixAxe505
11-08-2018, 09:02 PM
So it appears to be wu-lin themed. More importantly there are no guest characters like the kensei and gladiator in the first one. What maps are these quest on and what modifiers do you have at each level? What do the enemies have? Are they spaced out or confined? Any field buffs? Please as much detail as possible.

Gastgrinder
11-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Yes, I would also like to know what are some things about the weekly quests you found to be difficult and some things you wish were done differently? This goes for everyone on the thread as well!

The bots parry far too much, heavy attacks almost useless, which makes it harder to execute them if they parry everything.
bots spammed too much bash attacks, the two tiandis in the last round push you from left to right and back again.
It's a shame if you have to use edges to win, it feels like using exploits.

my wish list: no modifiers, 3-4 bots in a round you have to defeat one after the other with one life bar. Bots should not parry everything. and more variety, not 3 shaolin, 2 nuxia, 3 shaman, etc. and at the end of each round a final boss, like in the test your Metal event. arcade should go more in the direction of For Honors solo campaign, recycled the lvl, everything is already there.

Gastgrinder
11-08-2018, 09:18 PM
So it appears to be wu-lin themed. More importantly there are no guest characters like the kensei and gladiator in the first one. What maps are these quest on and what modifiers do you have at each level? What do the enemies have? Are they spaced out or confined? Any field buffs? Please as much detail as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJz2mdizng&feature=youtu.be

SixAxe505
11-08-2018, 10:33 PM
I am considering from both a single and multiplayer perspective. No minons and it appears they opened up the maps, so you can get to favorable fighting conditions. Might still be difficult as an assasin character, especially the last round, but I think this is a step in the right direction for difficulty of these quest. I will wait until I get my hands on it to make a detailed response.

Herbstlicht
11-09-2018, 12:13 AM
Have managed this one. Still too much hassle and randomness. I mean I play on PS4 on my TV. I am not a bad player. But when my successful dodgeattack gets deflected it feels just cheap. When arrows or catapult hits deny you a necessary execution, it feels too random. So it may be slightly improved over the last one. But it wasn't fun because it felt less about you skill and more about luck.

EvoX.
11-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Chapter 1: Kill the first, ledge the other two

Chapter 2: Get as much damage as possible on the first, then turtle for revenge when the second arrives and execute the former with the hyperarmor. Only the first Nuxia is a level 3.

Chapter 3. Kill the JJ (annoying as hell as Centurion), ledge the other two

Chapter 4: Go to the right side of the map first and fight the Tiandi 1v1. The other won't come unless you go for the buff. Once she's dead and executed, go collect the buff and have an easier time killing the second.

Overall easier than the first one, though admittedly not as fun. You were inspired to do some pretty sweet stuff on it, saved some good moments - this one definitely feels more luck based. Also, I don't like any of the Wu Lin except for Nuxia, so I don't enjoy fighting them much.

chukblok
11-09-2018, 02:40 AM
Each and every week I get more discouraged and non positive. and I used to praise this game. The devs....just...dont...get it. and im out of constructive comments. Do they test these quests solo...with EVERY hero? on ALL platforms? Because they should.
I agree with all others. Completely unfun. Completely.

chukblok
11-09-2018, 03:35 AM
oh wow i did it!! with my raider.
ok so i change my mind a bit..difficulty is better...
sadly i didnt get idle effect...which is what i was hoping for. but i cant complain now i guess.

mann61299
11-09-2018, 03:52 AM
I played the weekly quest #1 for a few hours co-op. We beat levels 1,2,3, but never beat #4. For week 2, when challenge 1 starts with 3 shaolin with bleed, I realized they have no intention to make this quest fun and they don't care...I'm done with it and have no intention of ever playing the weekly quests...NOT WORTH IT.

chukblok
11-09-2018, 04:05 AM
I played the weekly quest #1 for a few hours co-op. We beat levels 1,2,3, but never beat #4. For week 2, when challenge 1 starts with 3 shaolin with bleed, I realized they have no intention to make this quest fun and they don't care...I'm done with it and have no intention of ever playing the weekly quests...NOT WORTH IT.

I hear you...keep trying. Trust me if i can do it, anyone can. i suck.
You have to 100% ledge...have to. in phase 1 and 3 its a must. I just finished posting in other thread. you simply wont win by fighting.
Im a solo playing 40 year old dad...my reflexes are sloth like

Phase 2 was the toughest. those 2 nuxia were just brutal. i have no idea how i did it. pure button mashing luck

Devils-_-legacy
11-09-2018, 04:35 AM
I dont mind it I got the effect for 4 full heros that I play so now I'm just hoping they add a new reward in I'd be happy with a higher chance at random quest unlocks

mann61299
11-09-2018, 12:22 PM
I hear you...keep trying. Trust me if i can do it, anyone can. i suck.
You have to 100% ledge...have to. in phase 1 and 3 its a must. I just finished posting in other thread. you simply wont win by fighting.
Im a solo playing 40 year old dad...my reflexes are sloth like

Phase 2 was the toughest. those 2 nuxia were just brutal. i have no idea how i did it. pure button mashing luck

I know I could beat it, but it is not a fun mode at all so I'll pass. Horrible design and being forced to use ledges and get lucky isn't appealing to me. No thanks Ubi.

Pincopallino097
11-09-2018, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJz2mdizng&feature=youtu.be

Are you serious? Why are you fighting them?

1st phase: there is a place to throw them off

2nd phase: there are spines on the other side of the map

3rd phase: there is a place to throw them off

4th phase, use the buff and fight one at once

I am farming this one with a friend to get the effects xD

SpongyKun
11-10-2018, 11:02 AM
I beat it only twice. TWICE. I had way more fun and success with the more annoying one last week, I beat that one 15 times at least! And I'd say I am a fairly good player, the best chance I had was with JJ, characters like LB, of whom I wan't the effect for, is completely worthless, and can't do anything, granted there are ledges in 1 and 3, and spikes in round two, but round 4 is just ridiculous honestly, two Tiandi's and no ui? Are you kidding? And catapults and arrows of which are twofold in co-op? Come on Ubisoft, plan better! Honestly I love Arcade, but it feels like you don't test the weekly quest.

Jazz117Volkov
11-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Are you serious? Why are you fighting them?

1st phase: there is a place to throw them off

2nd phase: there are spines on the other side of the map

3rd phase: there is a place to throw them off
This is correct. Using hazards to defeat the AI in the first three rounds makes it a relatively easy fight. I would say more of a chore than a game, just perform a simple set of action and wait for the RNG to not tech your guard break. Done.

However, isn't this the greatest evidence that these events and this "arcade" mode in general is just utter rubbish? The best way to play it is to not actually play it. I maintain my statement that Arcade is by far the most disappointing thing put in this game so far. An embarrassingly poor attempt at a PvE mode. It's not fun. It's a frustrating mess that puts a magnifying glass on everything wrong with the way the game plays.

I'm starting to think the team went out of their depth with this mode. Either that or they just don't care about it. I don't understand why it's so bad. It's like the Hero Tactics; one of PeaceKeeper's "tactics" actually puts her OOS. What is happening with this game?!

EvoX.
11-11-2018, 01:43 AM
After completing the quest a few more times, I've begun to like the Tiandi stage. No UI makes the fight look clean, the open field and optional catapult/arrow storm spots add a bit of strategy, double buff that respawns at the centre, at the cost of both Tiandi engaging you, and there's something about parrying lights or dodging the Palm Strike without any icons that is really satisfying.

If this formula was taken, improved, and applied to all 4 stages, the WQ would be great.

And again.. don't fight them both at the same time, no reason to. It requires more luck than skill.

chukblok
11-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Ok so i just beat it a second time in 7 minutes as Raider..and got second part of effect..did they secretly downgrade bots?

Phenoloth
11-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Weekly quests are not very hard but annoying. The quests have a static script. Once you see it you will beat it easily. I prefer more realistic ai instead of tryhard ledge sessions.. 😂

I got all 4 effects for my main on the same day. First attempt was 20 Minutes, 2nd 10 and 3rd was under 5 Minutes. I got 2 effects in my last completion. I wont play weekly anymore if there will be not a new effect or so.. im done. Arcade legendary seem to be more interesting but bots freaking parry everything. Not realistic..