PDA

View Full Version : Balance questions for the devs (let's keep some in one place)

CandleInTheDark
11-08-2018, 06:09 PM
So Eric said what might happen next week is they might answer some questions on balance, what he had said specifically was that they had people who curated questions on reddit, but I figured any here could also be passed on by a rep if they were put in one place.

We are more likely to be taken seriously if we just ask questions rather than turn this thread into a flamefest, so I am not going to tell you guys how to do things, just putting it out there.

One for me: Will the devs one day look at some of the older kits including some that have been reworked to improve upon the kit depth? If their aim was solely to get some characters competitive then few can argue the Conqueror and Warden are in better places in that respect but with so much reliant on one mechanic they are not interesting to play or play against (in my opinion at least) and I would imagine would be more difficult to nerf or buff without breaking the character one way or the other.

Illyrian_King
11-08-2018, 06:15 PM
Reworks in bold.

Lawbringer and Shugoki need it the very most!

When are we gonna hear something about that, and will there be reworks in Season 9?

Velentix
11-08-2018, 06:16 PM
My question is this: comparing the state of JJ against all the other heavies, when can we expect reworks for WL, LB, and Shugo, especially given how long reworks seem to take?

Knight_Raime
11-08-2018, 07:18 PM
I have a few questions:

~can we expect any major changes to the fight mechanics in the forseeable future? (talking about things like how blocking works as an example)

~Are we going to get a refocus to hero balance anytime soon?

~Are reworked characters out of the question for more major changes?

~Can they detail any changes about "more changes to make offense more viable" the statement they made semi recently when clarifying their last blog post?

~Has the feat system ever been considered to under go big changes? (similar to how we got rid of gear stats for perks)

~In that same vein is revenge ever going to get a major overhaul?

TheReaIDirtyDan
11-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Three questions: When will we get the state of balance logs for season 7? they said it would come out soon but man would it kill to get an actual date? Even an ETA?
Seond: whats the status on rebalance for valk and PK? The devs said they would be taking a look at those after checking the D A T A
Third: Any plans for changes to gladiator? The season 6 balance logs said he wasn't doing very well and they admitted one of his only strengths is his zone.
And I'll spare the common calls for lb and shugo rework.

MuscleTech12018
11-08-2018, 09:54 PM
LOL. why do you guys even bother ? They clearly don't give a crap on community feedback.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-08-2018, 10:33 PM
LOL. why do you guys even bother ? They clearly don't give a crap on community feedback.

That's not true. I'm like 100% sure if I asked for a Shugoki Nerf it would happen within a month's time.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-08-2018, 10:35 PM
-Will the Wu-Lin characters get animation/attack synchronization?
-Any buff for Nuxia, Nobu, Shugo, LB? (just to name a few)
-Explanation of the Nobu changes I pointed out earlier
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1946690-Nobushi-Changes?highlight=Nobushi

The_B0G_
11-08-2018, 10:41 PM
We used to do this for months with the questions, I don't remember a single warriors den when they answered any questions besides the silliest ones that 99% of people don't care about, they never answered any big questions.

Tundra 793
11-08-2018, 10:50 PM
We used to do this for months with the questions, I don't remember a single warriors den when they answered any questions besides the silliest ones that 99% of people don't care about, they never answered any big questions.

I recall one, maybe two, but definitely one Den where they picked a few questions I'd gathered from the forums during the brief period I was doing the recaps. Not silly ones mind you.

You can absolutely get Eric and whoever guests the Den to answer some, it's just something of a community effort to make it happen consistently.

The_B0G_
11-08-2018, 11:03 PM
I just remember them dodging the most important and most asked questions frequently.

CandleInTheDark
11-08-2018, 11:52 PM
I just remember them dodging the most important and most asked questions frequently.

The last time they did a q&a a lot of the questions, quite a few balance related, came from a list I kept on the forum, it's why I wanted to get this started early when he said they're looking at doing one next week.

DefiledDragon
11-08-2018, 11:58 PM
I have a question for the balance team. It's simply this.

What experience does the fighting team have, what have they worked on in the fighting game genre before working on For Honor?

ops_cat
11-09-2018, 12:39 AM
I know this post is for balance purpose,but i like to ask other things beside the "main focus",so a simple Q & A, and i don't wan't to be repetitive, so i will not write some of my questions because i saw it done by other.

-Will ever console have a better porting (for performance) or some gameplay adjustment in the future ? (Just yes/maybe is fine to avoid spoiler)

-We will be ever able to buy Arcade mode stand alone from the marching fire dlc ?

-There is a chance to removing the static guard to all the hero with it,and replace with the reflex one,for increase the defensive difficulty ?

-For how long do you think to keep "running" your project before move on an hypothetical For Honor 2 ?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-09-2018, 02:06 AM
My one question would be this: After receiving suggestions from the community where do you put them; in the trash or the recycling bin?

DefiledDragon
11-09-2018, 02:16 AM
My one question would be this: After receiving suggestions from the community where do you put them; in the trash or the recycling bin?

Ubi are woke af. Definitely recycling.

RexXZ347
11-09-2018, 02:25 AM
That's not true. I'm like 100% sure if I asked for a Shugoki Nerf it would happen within a month's time.

uh-huh. I am also asking for wu lin buff and they will take action in two weeks.

*sarcasm*

Wookiescantfly
11-09-2018, 02:28 AM
-> Are you ever going to play test content prior to release? You have a PTR in place and it feels like it's not being used for its intended purpose, and if it is being used for the intended purpose then that leads to my next question.

-> You keep asking for feedback; are you ever going to take that feedback into consideration when you make decisions, or are you going to continue to treat us like children and just disregard everything we say like we don't know what we're talking about?

EvoX.
11-09-2018, 02:53 AM
No dens have ever addressed anything that has been asked here. It's sad that you still do these, honestly.

Wookiescantfly
11-09-2018, 03:21 AM
No dens have ever addressed anything that has been asked here. It's sad that you still do these, honestly.

Whether the devs actually take that feedback into consideration is ultimately up to them, but providing the feedback and making our grievances known so that there is a possibility, regardless of how slim, that they can be addressed is still better than doing nothing.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-09-2018, 03:34 AM
uh-huh. I am also asking for wu lin buff and they will take action in two weeks.

*sarcasm*

This guy knows! Yea! He smells what I'm steppin in!

CandleInTheDark
11-09-2018, 06:15 AM

Their last pre-announced q&a had questions solely from the list I had kept leading up to that point. If the argument is they could do more of them I agree with that 100% but while they don't have a personal presence here they have shown that they are kept informed when people do share feedback or ask questions.

And they have done more that either came from feedback or were already doing in any case than some people seem to remember, training mode, team shuffle, team swap vs ai, defensive meta, parry changes, currently they are looking at ways to either let us make custom swatches or turn off attacking and defending colours without affecting those who do use them, sometimes they don't go as far as some people want or things are not as high a priority as whatever else they are working on but it is there.

Velentix
11-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Can we get teleportation removed? It is an entirely unfair gamebreaking mechanic.
In fact will there be any feat balancing ever?

SpaceJim12
11-09-2018, 10:15 AM
I don't think we will get solid answers, but still...it's worth the shot.

The only question I got is when devs plan to bring old characters on same level as Wu Lin are? I mean, when you see how much tools Wu Lin heroes have in their kits, you feel really sad about some old cast.
I don't think we need to nerf Wu Lin or something, but a lot of chars need full rework. Let's start from Lawbringer, Aramushi and Nobushi. It's chars I have on rep 8+ and can say clearly they need major changes. Add more softfeints, better stamina managment, dodge attacks and this stupid 400ms lights. Some old characters looks like old radio against new smartphones after Marching Fire. They don't need easy damange or speed buff, but compleat rework with new kit and tools.

I really think, that devs should take Wu Lin, and use it as example of how all characters should be like in terms of gameplay.

Goat_of_Vermund
11-09-2018, 11:20 AM
1. Do you have plans on tweaking more frequently (a few small changes in every two weeks)? At least some numbers like aramusha recently (like a temporary buff for underpowered heroes until they get a rework)

2. Do you use this platform, or should we make a reddit account and write there?

3. How should we imagine the phrase: "I will forward it to the dev team."? Do they speak about the topics their mods forwarded them? What makes a topic reacted to by the mods, and others left without modvanswers?

4. Are you monitoring how fun a hero is by following content creators? If you do, it will be clear which ones are your more liked heroes, and that either means well looking (lawbringer), or interesting in playstye (not lawbringer). You should then improve the less liked heroes (I can't recall when I have seen pk videos because she is weak and has a boring kit).

5. What will you do about the laggers whose attacks hit seemingly instantly? It's still a problem.

6. Will you speak about how easy/hard it is to get executions on certain heroes? Will you balance it by giving more chance to the ones with less execution chance?

I think these are the most important ones for me.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-09-2018, 03:56 PM
On the Breach Map Hallowed Bastion a Defending Team of Shaolin can spawn camp the attackers by using the T2 Feat Blink Strike to get up to them. Could we actually protect spawn zones?

UbiInsulin
11-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Thanks Candle! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for questions.

UbiInsulin
11-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Breaking the rules of my own forum and bumping this thread, as well as stickying. :)

Illyrian_King
11-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Would you consider adding unparriable stuff for slow heroes like Lawbringer, Shugoki or Raider?

Not talking about bashes, but about simple heavy attacks in chains or from neutral, that simply profit from maybe increased block damage.

It would let them attack without really cheesing.

jmac70
11-10-2018, 09:17 PM
1. Give raider hyper armour on heavys.
2. Look into the PK Orochi Warden and valk rework there's plenty of community feedback on these characters.
3.give zerker hyper armour only on heavys and not on feints.
4. Nerf conqs SB by 100ms
5. Make warden get a side heavy from a fully charged SB unless it's a wall splat.
6. Keep us up to date at least 2 times a month on current balance. Maybe even let the community vote on your balance ideas so you could see the majority votes on what we want.

AzureSky.
11-10-2018, 11:35 PM
I will add this before asking the question (im a high % player and also a theorycrafter, i like to see data and analyze games)

Can the devs implement Frames to the game ? (frames like other fighting games) This would fix most of the problems for honor currently has on balance, also it would make it competitive (since right now it's not) yeah it's a huge change that needs to adress every move in the game on hit, block and counter hit but im sure it will be worth it.

With this change you don't really need to remove 400 ms lights since after this change (if they are blocked) the opponent would be a free light or a lot of ms advantage on the next move (so you can do a mixup)

Lord_Cherubi
11-11-2018, 12:42 AM
My question is fair and simple:

Can you confirm that a Shugo or Lawbringer rework is coming and if so, can we expect it to arrive at least on season 9?

Jazz117Volkov
11-11-2018, 02:00 AM
My question relates to the stamina system.

What are the main reasons for it existing? What's the process for deciding individual hero stamina pools and consumption? Do they agree that the stamina system punishes aggression and favours inaction? Has the game been tested without stamina, what were the results? And what is being thought about to balance stamina in terms of it favouring passive play, e.g. feinting costing less, zone attacks costing less, blocking attacks costing more, etc.

Devils-_-legacy
11-11-2018, 02:49 AM
With the removal of gear stats is there any chance you could look over the OG &DLC cast as some of the heroes are really suffering from the loss of stamina health stats ect is it time to buff individual heros stats (stamina health) as they haven't really been touched.

Can you increase the multiple hit shield as it stands now one or two well timed bashes can completely kill you if being attacked by multiple opponents.

darksavior1977
11-11-2018, 08:10 AM
General: More stamina for every character, its too low on many of them. More damage on some others. **No hero in my opinion, needs any nerfs, only weaker characters made better**

Highlander, Warden, Kensei, Jiang Jun, Shaman, Conqueror, Berzerker all pretty much in a good place. Not perfect, but not where attention is needed now with so many others needing much more help.

Raider, Lawbringer, Shugoki, Peacekeeper broken and not worth playing in current form and especially not with the game becoming more aggressive to counter turtle meta. Some need full reworks, others might could be fine to just be un-nerfed from where they were (Peacekeeper and possibly Shugoki)

Everyone else needs some buffs, some minor, some major, Centurion could be un-nerfed from how he was, and probably work pretty well, but at least some better tools for dealing with dodging of his kick, and more stamina, Nobushi and Shinobi need help with their stamina in the worst kinda way. Warlord needs un-nerfed, or at least some more damage and stamina.

Many light smaller heroes have the strangest stamina issues, stamina for many heroes needs increased. Shinobi runs dry very fast, and he is using little weapons, and weighs like 75lbs. It makes little sense. Nobushi as well, seems to run out pretty fast. Orochi also, and Tiandi. Meanwhile, some other characters can throw attacks for what seems like forever before stamina is an issue, many who are bigger and with larger weapons, and do much more damage.

At this stage of the game, with the mechanics and meta being more aggressive, every character without some combination of hyper armor, soft feints, and good mixups is at an extreme disadvantage. EVERY character should have an unblockable heavy they can reach (not through zone attacks), and a bash opener that cannot be parried, as well as a heavy > heavy or heavy > heavy > heavy chain depending on if they use 2 hit or 3 hit combos in their kit. As it stands, deflect is countered by hyper armor, parry is countered by feint (hard or soft), block is countered by unblockables, bashes and GB, and dodge is countered by undodgeable attacks, some soft feints, and GB/throws. So every character should be afforded some access to these mechanics to deal with defenses. These are basic game mechanics. Imagine if some characters in Street Fighter couldn't block or alpha counter as part of giving their kit variety. Same idea here.

No heroes should be heavily designed around using light attacks. Light attack spam is a problem, in general and especially on consoles, and characters built around using a lot of them contribute to that problem, aren't very fun to play, and also have to struggle to get executions more than other heroes.

bhitrock
11-11-2018, 11:19 AM
I once heard that the devs said they wanted to do big balance changes to fix the turtle meta. What are those changes and will they be done soon? Also, how will this affect heroes like LB or Shugoki who rely on turtle?

The_B0G_
11-11-2018, 03:02 PM
I once heard that the devs said they wanted to do big balance changes to fix the turtle meta. What are those changes and will they be done soon? Also, how will this affect heroes like LB or Shugoki who rely on turtle?

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not lol but if you look at the current state of the game, this is the changes that the devs made to fix the turtle meta and heroes like LB and Shugo are being affected quite negatively.

TomLikesArdbeg
11-11-2018, 03:53 PM
I have a question why the Warden animations of killing soldiers in the middle of the map were removed in the newest update Marching fire? There are no any great executions when the Warden is turning around with sword or he grabs the sword behind the blade and smash the pawn with the other side of the sword etc... This is very sad. I think I am not only one who would like to get its back. Thank you.

ebulldog777
11-11-2018, 05:44 PM
I have a question regarding parry. Do you thing ubisoft could add a moveset to punish parry? Now it sounds ridiculous at first but think about this. What if there was a move that, if parried, would deal damage? Kinda like how Nuxia's trap catches you if you block it. Perhaps give this mechanic to everyone down the line? Just a thought. I think that could help balance the defensive meta a bit. I think it'll be interesting how yall would do it. Not sure about console lights cause I play on PC.

bhitrock
11-11-2018, 08:05 PM
Ok, here's an interesting question everyone wants to know more about:
Why can't console get 60 fps? (or at least 45/50)
Isn't there any way the devs are going to fix this? Because it would solve a lot of FH's problems, since most of the playerbase is on console (from what I've heard) and for console players 400ms attacks are very hard to deal with. Getting console to a good amount of fps would solve one of the two main problems FH has (lightspam and turtle).
I used to have an average of 25 fps until I recently bought a new pc with a decent graphic card (now I have around 50), and I can assure you lightspam is a lot less of a problem than what it was before.

Illyrian_King
11-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Ok, here's an interesting question everyone wants to know more about:
Why can't console get 60 fps? (or at least 45/50)
Isn't there any way the devs are going to fix this? Because it would solve a lot of FH's problems, since most of the playerbase is on console (from what I've heard) and for console players 400ms attacks are very hard to deal with. Getting console to a good amount of fps would solve one of the two main problems FH has (lightspam and turtle).
I used to have an average of 25 fps until I recently bought a new pc with a decent graphic card (now I have around 50), and I can assure you lightspam is a lot less of a problem than what it was before.

https://youtu.be/938ul8Ng4Bg

Guess this video explains everything in detail.

Also guess that this whole 30fps thing will be fixed in about 1 year, when Playstation 5 and XBox Two (or whatever it will be called) come out.

Surely there will be For Honor on the next gen consoles.

The devs can't fix the game on PC and even less there will be seperate balancing, which walks to garbage in approximately 1 year.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2018, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not lol but if you look at the current state of the game, this is the changes that the devs made to fix the turtle meta and heroes like LB and Shugo are being affected quite negatively.

He might have been talking about the followup post to the State of Balance blog which had this

In terms of the ďineffectiveness of offense", generally it's a topic that applies to the entire roster. While defense is still extremely good, the ability to successfully initiate combat or sustain combat is still globally weak - itís better than it was, but it still has improvements to go. This is in addition to character-specific inability to initiate combat (such as Shugokiís difficulties for instance).

They also said in the original blog post

As our intention is to keep pushing 1v1 combat into a meta in which offense is more viable, itís important that the community understand where we stand on this topic.

Obliged_HL
11-12-2018, 01:12 AM
PLEASE READ MY POST: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/9vz9r8/tech_that_cripples_highlanders_offensive/
PLEASE READ MY POST: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1955018-(BALANCE)-Tech-That-Cripples-Highlander-s-Offensive-Capability-and-more
(Both are the same)

ACGenius
11-12-2018, 05:20 AM
I think that similar to the early changes made to the guard switching speed, wherein they (Ubisoft) made the speed to switch which direction you are guarding the same for all characters, a change to the speed that it takes for a character to feint their heavy should be made.

My example will be the Highlander, it takes forever (I don't have the exact time but feel free to go in game and test this) for the Highlander to feint a neutral heavy and switch his guard. This is a problem when it comes to characters such as Berserker who is designed to feint. It puts the Highlander and other classes like Warlord or Sugoki (poor Sugoki) at a major disadvantage when it comes to basic defense. And I am aware that Highlander gets hyper armor with his heavies but the feinting speed still heavily limits these characters abilities to defend themselves.

Some may say that it would take a lot of time and effort for the character to stop their weapon (to feint) and guard from another direction, but I say that these characters are supposed to be masters of their weapons. They would certainly have taken the time to practice such scenarios when they trained.

I think that this would help balance out how powerful excessive feinting can be on a slower character.

marcosouza50
11-12-2018, 12:51 PM
I will add this before asking the question (im a high % player and also a theorycrafter, i like to see data and analyze games)

Can the devs implement Frames to the game ? (frames like other fighting games) This would fix most of the problems for honor currently has on balance, also it would make it competitive (since right now it's not) yeah it's a huge change that needs to adress every move in the game on hit, block and counter hit but im sure it will be worth it.

With this change you don't really need to remove 400 ms lights since after this change (if they are blocked) the opponent would be a free light or a lot of ms advantage on the next move (so you can do a mixup)

I think this is a good idea.

marcosouza50
11-12-2018, 12:56 PM
I'm glad that the developers decided to talk about this, I'll put some regulatory points that in my opinion can improve the overall game.

1- Avoidance with blows should only be used by pure non-hybrid assassins, and this blow after lateral dodging has to be a light blow I say this to - kensei, valkyrie
Kensei and a vanquardeiro that uses the lateral elbow followed by heavy blow and an exaggeration, never played a match that did not have a kensei amenos this shows that this hero stands above the others.

2- No opponent should be knocked down if he still has resistance say this to - centurion, valkyrie, shaman, shugoki, nuxia and Lawbringer.
Take down an opponent in a match of invasion or tribute domain and practically a death sentence.

3 - All teleportation moves should be completely removed from the game I say this to - shaolin, shinobi.
These movements, besides being unrealistic for the game's theme, bring great frustrations, especially in fights with more than one opponent.

4- soft feats I consider the ability to cancel a blow in one direction in another in another direction and should be withdrawn from the game all the heroes will have to use the feint canceling their blow, soft feints are a disparity factor for the game if not to remove them from all the heroes this ability, I say this to - kensei, shaman, beserker pacifier, aramusha and wu lin at the moment just remember these!

5- lights of 400ms in sequence should change to 450 and this be only in the first lights example first stroke 450ms second stroke 550th and third 650ms say this to - orochi, aramusha.
another alternative to lights sequences could reduce damage to 5 so a full sequence would only give 15 damage the player will have to use other techniques to win, he can still win using only fast blows but the risk will be much higher.

6 - all heroes of the same class would have equal defense I say this to - gladiator
The gladiator's defense is so weak that even veteran players do not get any consistent defense.

7- this system of advantages and bad does not encourage me to seek a perfect match because it is little useful for my game the statistics system only needed small adjustments.

8- I am not able to dodge the wu lin their blows mainly shaolin chase me even using the correct time they are too fast jj speed and unreal for a heavy.
These are my initial thoughts, sorry for bad English.

bhitrock
11-12-2018, 02:33 PM
I guess "justicero" is Lawbringer in spanish.

marcosouza50
11-12-2018, 02:40 PM
I guess "justicero" is Lawbringer in spanish.

yes already corrected thank you

SECONDSIGNAL
11-12-2018, 02:55 PM
I agree but we know that would not hear u so am just uninstall game to much china it's like am not playing for honor it's like am playing Nioh

Wookiescantfly
11-12-2018, 03:48 PM
I agree but we know that would not hear u so am just uninstall game to much china it's like am not playing for honor it's like am playing Nioh

Nioh takes place in Japan, not China. We quite literally already had Japanese heroes from day one.

SixAxe505
11-13-2018, 02:17 AM
Here is a question. Will we be receiving new perks/perk overhauls. I know these are new and I am sure you are still working on them. You don't have to blow the secret of what you got planned, but letting us know if you do indeed plan to work/create new perks will suffice.

matt89connor
11-13-2018, 04:33 PM
hi, I have two important questions to ask:

1) why in the season 5, you have not made the change on the parry system as you had proposed in the old open test, but you have kept the system still strong, that forcing you to create safe moves (conqueror bash) and 400ms attacks that ruin the balance of the heroes?

2) why do not you keep a constant check on the balancing of schedules, making changes (if necessary) every 2 weeks, so as to better control the situation?

Soldier_of_Dawn
11-13-2018, 05:55 PM
1) Is the Season 7 blog on balance out yet? If so, where can we find it? If not, when can we see it?

2) Can we have ongoing test servers for testing balance changes and quicker balancing in general?

3) Can PC and 30FPS consoles be balanced separately?

4) Can 4K consoles be allowed to run the game at 60+FPS when set at 1080p?

KWi_08j
11-14-2018, 02:33 AM
Iím going to start first with my character concerns. (Aramusha/shaman/shinobi)
Aramusha
1. We have gotten a nerf to our attack speed on the infinite counter is there by chance a move set buff in the work to allow us to open our opponent?

2. He is said to be a counter attack specialist, but he doesnít have many counter except one which is really risky to use as itís very easily punished for missing it (blade blockade). Blade blockade doesnít really give you options that reward for executing it. Are there going to be any changes to give him some actual counters to use? Will aramusha get a punish to the opponent when blade blockade is properly used the light does a stun that doesnít really affect them and the heavy only work sometimes from the top?

3. The zone is pretty much useless in a fight as the first hit is easily blocked and the second hit is parried most of the time if not all the time. I want to know if the zone could get tweaked to actually be used in a fight?

I really like his concept and design, but he is really lacking in the areas that are supposed to make him special his dodge was nerfed, speed was nerfed ( not a big problem), and has only one counter that can easily hinder you before helping you.

Shaman
1. I believe she could use some actual combos as that will take away from having to rely on running away to get a cheap hit and overly using dodge attacks to actually doing some damage. The bite seems a little much as we get health and stamina (a good chunk) thatís good but we canít always just resort to it as people respond to it after getting bit once.

Shinobi
1. The shinobi is a weak character at the moment unless you abuse lights or the kick as his move set itself is weak, risky, and gets punished to harshly by opponents as he is limited in options making it too predictable.

2. Will he get more health as the shinobiís health is too low especially since you get unbalanced off most of the attacks giving the opponent a free attack dealing major damage. His super dash is also irrelevant at this point as some characters regular dash is as fast as the super dash.

3. I believe shinobi rework should bring some more creative mix ups to use that donít have to do a lot of damage but letís you start your pressure to get the risky moves a chance of actually being executed.

There are more problems for other characters but these are the ones I have a great deal of experience with.

MainDesdeOBeta
11-14-2018, 02:44 AM
Already can nerf in all the Chinese already made their money selling the expansion

KWi_08j
11-14-2018, 02:54 AM
Breaking the rules of my own forum and bumping this thread, as well as stickying. :)

I almost forgot I have bad problem with being guard broken in the middle of the unlock dodge roll my character will be rolling but gets snatched back in the gaurd break animation. I also have been guard broken by a opponent who attempts it almost immediately as I attempt mine but instead of bouncing off each other they get just about a guaranteed gaurd break on me Iím sure I have videos of both instances for confirmation if needed.

Turk-Adam
11-14-2018, 06:07 AM
My question: Can we please have raw statistics not filtered percents?

Looking at the state of balance from season 6 it says data taken from top 2.5% of players. That's like what masters/grandmasters? this is a good pool to pull data from but honestly how many of those players even play some of those classes.(PK, nobu, raider, aramusha?) I betting the sample size is too small and thus the duel matrix is not helpful. We need the full data not what is presented. It should be easier to show and requires less work for the team.

I'm sure there are folks in this community that can dissect the data better.

Blitzwarrior771
11-14-2018, 07:08 AM
Nice let me ask devs 😊 why heavy attack is so slow ? Why heavy attack is easy to block ? Why heavy attack is easy to parry ? Why do we get punished so often when we use heavy attacks ? That nerfs many heroís who depend on heavy attack and they are not assasssins or they donít have a shield . Will dodge be fixed ? Why berserker light attacks canít be interupted ? While my attacks are constantly interupted ? Is that connection fault ? Why my hero fall to the ground 100% every time they use revenge ? Why others donít fall to the ground when I use revenge ? Autoblock cheat exist ? How many cheaters u banned so far ? Is your anti cheating policy strict ? Well if u are serious about preventing cheating you would put up the warning and strict policy on cheating . We donít see anything about that .

Blitzwarrior771
11-14-2018, 07:13 AM
Top2,5 % players they got no life they donít even have a girlfriends why would u use data from 2,5% ? Honestly this is one of the problems in the game . 98% donít have their reflex and I doubt they donít use multifunctional controllers . Oh and they only use op heroís . Fast and agile . You made the game for 2,5% of players bad thinking ubi .

Muitcha-melodia
11-14-2018, 11:12 AM
The warlord. The man faced the most nerfs in for honor history, now he is a mere shadow of he once was. Do you guys have a rework/buffs on schedule for him?!
Now he is not a counter attacker, the use of the defensive stance is almost forbidden due the amount of stamina it takes to use it. The heavy attack coming out of it is predictable and works as a free parry most of the time.
Superior block is a high risk low reward move. It works just like a parry on a light attack, but the reward lower than a parry.
His damage output is bad and his finishers are to slow to connect.
His feats were nerfed bad last year, now we have the worst set of feats in the entire host.
Hope you guys put some love on warlord as you did to warden, he needs it!!

Soldier_of_Dawn
11-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Have the developers considered implementing unparryable attacks into the game? See one of the links for a full description.

Official For Honor thread:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1954387-UNPARRYABLE-Attacks

Reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/9vkzxt/unparryable_attacks/

Vakris_One
11-14-2018, 07:47 PM
I'm a bit late to the party but I might as well throw my questions into the pile.

1) When is the next big balance patch planned to drop and what will be in it?

2) When can we expect the next batch of reworks to happen and which characters will be reworked and updated? If possible please let us know the full list that the developers have in mind as well as the scheduled timeline.

3) Are there any plans for a global increase to both stamina and health pools respectively across all heroes?

4) Will the developers consider returning the minion kill animations to Dominion and Skirmish and making new ones for the Wu Lin?

5) What are the plans for tweaking and balancing of perks?

6) Will there be further feat balancing and are there plans to give us a better choice between feats rather than as it stands currently where our choice is between "the best feats" and "the worst feats", which is no real choice at all?

7) What is the purpose behind keeping the price of changing cosmetic looks of an event gear/weapon piece more expensive than the normal cost of changing the look? Will prices for changing to event armour/weapon appearance be lowered so that they are the same as the normal cost of appearance change?

Devils-_-legacy
11-14-2018, 09:21 PM
Can we get this (stolen from reddit )
Guard break counter should have a dodge property throughout the animation either that, or adding the whole armor thing to the counter animation as well. You shouldn't be punished for doing the thing you were supposed to do because there is no way to get out of GB other than CGB and that leaves you open for top heavy or hugs for way too long!

FredEx919
11-14-2018, 11:28 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to jump in and say thanks for posting some questions here! We won't be able to get all of these tomorrow, but we will be doing a Q&A on the show and have pulled some of the questions directly from this thread.

Tyrjo
11-15-2018, 09:51 AM
Not a question but my suggestion on how to rework Warlord:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

matt89connor
11-15-2018, 11:59 AM
If you remove the 400ms attacks, put the parry that garantee only a light (in all situations ) ,and make that block dmg of heavy attacks can kill, will make the game better ? Console players will love this for sure.

RapStylezz
11-15-2018, 03:08 PM
4) Will the developers consider returning the minion kill animations to Dominion and Skirmish and making new ones for the Wu Lin?

Lol this. When I returned from my break when Marching Fire dropped, I was pretty disappointed that the minion kill animations were gone. The animations were so dope, was pretty shocking to see that they'd actually remove it. Removing it from Breach is acceptable, but Dominion was weird to see.

Ubiflowessence
11-15-2018, 10:24 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you all know there another Q&A thread (https://ubi.li/raqj5) posted by FredEx919. Also, you can find the full Q&A highlight from today's Warrior's Den there as well!