PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den November 8th

CandleInTheDark
11-08-2018, 06:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjEeHThJvsc

Happen short Dens do \m/<(-.-)>\m/

Ok so this is a short one with just Eric and it is already in community corner so an early recap.

People are shouting balance in the chat apparently (I watch on youtube). Eric said they hear us, they have been hearing us, what thegy used to do was curate questions from reddit and it helepd them, so let's have some questions. I put up a thread here https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1954181-Balance-questions-for-the-devs-(let-s-keep-some-in-one-place) Not telling you how to do things but we will be taken more seriously if we just ask questions rather than flame back and forth

They went over the pumpkin carving entries they had, they didn't have many.

Tournament spotlight

Go to Ubisoft Brazil for details of a breach tournament this saturday, prize of 10,000 brazillian reals (hope I spelled that somwehwere right).

For Honor Arena ( battlefy.com/for-honor-arena ), sunday 6pm gmt on PS4 and 7pm gmt on PC

For Honor Esports group

For Honor Esports: Saturday PC 1v1 6pm gmt (7pm CEST 1pm Eastern) Discord: DTSKXJr

They are also doing two Turkish tournaments

Turkey Amateur 7pm Sunday (GMT+3) Discord 9Y9MGAZ

Turkey Pro Saturday same time same discord. They can be found on battlefy.com/forhonor-esports

If you are organising tournaments in the community send information their way

This weekend ranked warrior challenge.

New weekly arcade, they are hearing people on difficulty.

Sale of the week: Executions

Content of the week: Battle outfits

Community corner and wrap

Baggin_
11-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Oh, there you are lol

The_B0G_
11-08-2018, 06:12 PM
At least they started off by saying nothing useful will be on this warriors den, saved me having to watch 45 min of fluff.

I can't believe they are asking what we would like to be balanced, and aren't the people who are supposed to curate hot topics the community mods?...

Pope is talking like there aren't countless detailed balance threads out there already.

Another pointless WD for the books, no one on the dev team even showed up.

One.Enemy
11-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Yet another time they ignored the discussion of gear stats and perks, despite asking for feedback on it. Just plain deliberate ignorance in action in hopes that the issue will get glossed over with....with...battle outfits..........

CandleInTheDark
11-08-2018, 06:44 PM
This one was short and had mostly tournaments for this weekend so have an early recap

bannex19
11-08-2018, 06:57 PM
The future blueprint of warrior dens fyi.

Knight_Raime
11-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Hopefully the next den or the one after at least gives some ground for people to rest on in terms of balance discussion.
I personally don't think there needs to be any kind of rush on it at this point (beyond a few heros that haven't been touched yet or barely touched)
But anything to qwell the community for a bit is good in my book.

marcosouza50
11-08-2018, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry but ask about what should be balanced and much ignorance, enter the topics and read the whole community is shouting.
This way they think it's okay.
This was awesome, I give up !!!

MuscleTech12018
11-08-2018, 10:22 PM
It's ok, they'll soon anounce us they'll launch FH for mobile. That's the professional level of the curent FH devs.

The_B0G_
11-08-2018, 10:26 PM
It's ok, they'll soon anounce us they'll launch FH for mobile. That's the professional level of the curent FH devs.

I can see it now. "Free to play (In-app purchases available)"

SpaceJim12
11-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Well.

Devs said, that they hear us. Next they ask community about feedback on specific side of the game. Devs made special thread/subreddit about it.

All this remind me the situation around Dominion and how they asked us about feedback, made thread and then...did anyone see change for Dominion since than?
I don't want to be negative or something, but bud experience tell me situation with balancing will be the same...

Vakris_One
11-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Well.

Devs said, that they hear us. Next they ask community about feedback on specific side of the game. Devs made special thread/subreddit about it.

All this remind me the situation around Dominion and how they asked us about feedback, made thread and then...did anyone see change for Dominion since than?
I don't want to be negative or something, but bud experience tell me situation with balancing will be the same...
Well in fairness they knew they had Breach in the pipeline internally at that point which pretty much fixes the overly intense focus on gank balling that makes non-competitive Dominion so brain dead. And they did go on to finally nerf some of the most egregious feats such as Catapult and Kiai, which were a large part of the lousy experiences in casual play Dominion.

So some stuff does get acted upon after they officially request feedback. The dissapointing thing in my opinion is that we have to constantly force Ubisoft into "... And now we're officially accepting feedback and talking seriously about it" mode. Whereas they should be doing this all the time and not just in spits and spats with around 4 to 5 month-long gaps in between even discussing, and acknowledging the balancing issues let alone acting upon them. It makes it seem like they're only taking an honest look at feedback around twice a year and the rest of the time their door is closed and they're not interested.

SpaceJim12
11-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Well in fairness they knew they had Breach in the pipeline internally at that point which pretty much fixes the overly intense focus on gank balling that makes non-competitive Dominion so brain dead. And they did go on to finally nerf some of the most egregious feats such as Catapult and Kiai, which were a large part of the lousy experiences in casual play Dominion.

So some stuff does get acted upon after they officially request feedback. The dissapointing thing in my opinion is that we have to constantly force Ubisoft into "... And now we're officially accepting feedback and talking seriously about it" mode. Whereas they should be doing this all the time and not just in spits and spats with around 4 to 5 month-long gaps in between even discussing, and acknowledging the balancing issues let alone acting upon them. It makes it seem like they're only taking an honest look at feedback around twice a year and the rest of the time their door is closed and they're not interested.

But still there are a lot people who prefer Dominion. And it's still need changes and full rework considering players feedback. So many good idea were in this Thread. And all we have is little nerf. Catapult pretty useless now, but somehow Vikings still have their instant triggered fire lake bomb, while Samurai still have useless archars on four feat. And core mechanic for Dominion still there, and it's still have no motivation to play objectives.

Still, it's almost a month of season 8. Let's see what devs do in season 9. They really need to do a lot of reworks and balance changes until add new characters.

EvoX.
11-09-2018, 09:54 PM
What a joke. Good thing that thread with questions was made, huh?

DefiledDragon
11-10-2018, 01:53 AM

The problem is that they don't "balance" these things. Take catapult for example. It went from an insta-win button if the opposing team were all within the AOE when breaking, to being utterly useless. I don't even equip catapult anymore because unless somebody is in the middle of an execution, it's not landing on anyone other than minions. They make things either stupid OP or utterly useless. They don't seem to be able to find the middle ground.

UbiInsulin
11-10-2018, 08:55 PM
What a joke. Good thing that thread with questions was made, huh?

Candle created a questions thread that seemed to have taken off. I just stickied it!

Corentin10111
11-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Hey Ubilnsulin, funny that you say that but everytime that a thread comes out with critical comments they are completly ignored.. You community team only answer when people don't make waves and are not talking about big problems. Just look at this thread, almost every comment is saying the same thing (that you ignore feedback) and what do you do? You give us a "Candle created a questions thread that seemed to have taken off. I just stickied it! " wich means "i will ignore all those comments, even if it is the right place"
"Thanks Candle!(for doing my job) I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for questions. (but never answer them)."

Throught last years there have been tens of polls with at least 70% of negative results but you just don't acknowledge them. Some exemples just from LAST WEEK:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1953952-random-Poll
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1947254-Save-For-Honor!!

Or this is very representative of the situation:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1954193-whats-the-point-of-warriors-den/page2
Do you realise that your credibility is close to 0?

During almost two years of Warrior's den, Pope adressed the community's feedback maybe one hour in total but you can be sure he will find 30 minutes to talk about memes EVERY WEEK!
I don't know if you are just incompetent and don't realise it, or if you are purposly irrespectful towards your community by constantly trolling us.
I think i can speak for a good part of the community who thinks that some of for honor's team are a bunch of liars and hypocrits.. You can say wathever you want but actions speak louder than words, you don't care about what we want and you are killing this game.