PDA

View Full Version : Warden Forwardstep Overhead - Bugged or just broken?

ArmenianAK
11-08-2018, 04:49 AM
Normally I'd say this was a connection issue, as it does look like frames skipped a bit, probably just desync, but honestly even when the ping is very low and connection is strong I still get this same issue where the Warden can close ridiculous gaps with this move that should be otherwise impossible

Check this clip out and let me know your thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOm3-QlJPyA&feature=youtu.be

DefiledDragon
11-08-2018, 05:01 AM
It's designed to catch people who are running away. You were running away. Don't run away. You've got a sword. Defend yourself.

MarshalMoriarty
11-08-2018, 05:54 AM
If tactical retreating to win a battle and conserve your strength is good enough for History's finest tacticians then it should be good enough for you. Treating every withdrawal as some display of abject cowardice is simplistic and naive. You do your team no good by throwing your life away. Most times you should stand and fight, but if it makes more overall sense to fall back and heal, then only a fool stays.

An honorable fool maybe, an arrogant fool possibly. But he's just as foolish either way. And just as dead.

ArmenianAK
11-08-2018, 05:59 AM
@DefiledDragon you've managed to avoid the purpose of me posting this.

Clearly the move is meant for gap-closing. The fact that the gap distance of roughly a car-and-a-half was covered in 0.5 seconds (making the Warden travel from 3mph to rough guess of 15) is an insane acceleration that isn't physically possible, and renders the move kind of broken..

The discussion I was prompting was whether this is a bug and isn't supposed to close that kind of distance in that little time, or whether it's functioning appropriately and is or is not too powerful to not be nerfed.

Thank you for your opinion, but if I wanted advice on what to do with my sword I would have asked how to block lol

Herbstlicht
11-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Ah I hate this move too. I mean leave warden with this mechanic, its ok. Just .. fix this freakin' stupid animation >_<
I mean you can make him run somewhat slower and adjust the frames. It only looks ok when the warden is at around 3-5 meters of distance. Still somewhat too fast, but at least "ok". I remember when I trained agaisnt warden to deflect and parry it. If you are close, it looks even more stupid. Warden is running in place and making alot of steps just as if he was lagging before crashing outta the game. Its one of the worst moves when it comes to looks. And its one of the worst when it comes to predictability. Due to the speed, range and tracking, Warden can almost "glitch" through everything. Like through teammates, in circles, around pillars .. its so very weird. Pretty much all other moves feel better. Wardens dash attack just looks wrong.

DefiledDragon
11-08-2018, 02:54 PM
If tactical retreating to win a battle and conserve your strength is good enough for History's finest tacticians then it should be good enough for you. Treating every withdrawal as some display of abject cowardice is simplistic and naive. You do your team no good by throwing your life away. Most times you should stand and fight, but if it makes more overall sense to fall back and heal, then only a fool stays.

An honorable fool maybe, an arrogant fool possibly. But he's just as foolish either way. And just as dead.

Throwing your life away? Did you watch the video? The Warden is on the back foot having almost no health left and the Orochi is in the perfect position to apply pressure. If the situation were reversed you would have a point.

DefiledDragon
11-08-2018, 02:55 PM
@DefiledDragon you've managed to avoid the purpose of me posting this.

Clearly the move is meant for gap-closing. The fact that the gap distance of roughly a car-and-a-half was covered in 0.5 seconds (making the Warden travel from 3mph to rough guess of 15) is an insane acceleration that isn't physically possible, and renders the move kind of broken..

The discussion I was prompting was whether this is a bug and isn't supposed to close that kind of distance in that little time, or whether it's functioning appropriately and is or is not too powerful to not be nerfed.

Thank you for your opinion, but if I wanted advice on what to do with my sword I would have asked how to block lol

Yeah I get that, but why roll away in the first place? You had him.

Also, this isn't the first time people have complained of the reach of this move, you're not alone.

MarshalMoriarty
11-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Your comment was a genaralised one. It did not reference that one specific moment. Therefore, neither did mine.

Archaelion
11-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Give that move to shugoki please so he cant chase people who are running away too! #buffshugoki #makeshugokifatagain

ArmenianAK
11-11-2018, 08:27 PM
@DefiledDragon I retreated because I suck lol