PDA

View Full Version : Weather question??

William66th
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I never thought I would ever see the day when I the captain of my ship would actually want to see some storms or rain in a patrol. Well im praying for rain my crew is able to simply sunbathe on the deck and most of my watch crew has severe sun burn. LOL

I had to reinstall the game due to some major problems not sure what caused them but a complete reinstall worked. In my old patrols I saw the weather change and if I played at 1x time compression I actually could see storms roll in if near land. I would actually see lightning in the distance and then 4 hours later it might start raining the see would get rough etc. Since my reinstall of the game I have yet to see or "hear" a storm. No rain, barely any clouds and smooth seas. Well compared to my last patrol.

I am patched up to 1.4b and have several mods running including
water textures
harbor traffic
sh3 commaned
damage mod, (the whole package)
and some more im not sure what the names are.

My patrol started in 1939 not sure what month im in now. I'm based out of Welshium (sorry i cant think of the name of the base lol or the spelling) Been out on patrol for 4 months i think. Every night i put the game to 1x compression and let it run for the time i sleep. Captain needs his rest lol. Also while im at work it runs in 1x time. Never seen a storm or rain.

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this problem before or knows a way to get my old weather system back.

Just got done yelling and half my crew for leaving there stations to stand on MY deck in nothing but there underwear. Soaking in the rays. Thats not allowed on MY boat they need to get back in uniform and to there stations. (LOL)

I did read some other post that said this problem was delt with when patching to 1.4b but i still have it.

Thanks you for any help.
Bill

"**** you guys get back in here now, this is not a pleasure cruise, if you dont get back in this ship im gonna dive it without you" Just you wait till i report this. How do i work this radio anyways??

William66th
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I never thought I would ever see the day when I the captain of my ship would actually want to see some storms or rain in a patrol. Well im praying for rain my crew is able to simply sunbathe on the deck and most of my watch crew has severe sun burn. LOL

I had to reinstall the game due to some major problems not sure what caused them but a complete reinstall worked. In my old patrols I saw the weather change and if I played at 1x time compression I actually could see storms roll in if near land. I would actually see lightning in the distance and then 4 hours later it might start raining the see would get rough etc. Since my reinstall of the game I have yet to see or "hear" a storm. No rain, barely any clouds and smooth seas. Well compared to my last patrol.

I am patched up to 1.4b and have several mods running including
water textures
harbor traffic
sh3 commaned
damage mod, (the whole package)
and some more im not sure what the names are.

My patrol started in 1939 not sure what month im in now. I'm based out of Welshium (sorry i cant think of the name of the base lol or the spelling) Been out on patrol for 4 months i think. Every night i put the game to 1x compression and let it run for the time i sleep. Captain needs his rest lol. Also while im at work it runs in 1x time. Never seen a storm or rain.

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this problem before or knows a way to get my old weather system back.

Just got done yelling and half my crew for leaving there stations to stand on MY deck in nothing but there underwear. Soaking in the rays. Thats not allowed on MY boat they need to get back in uniform and to there stations. (LOL)

I did read some other post that said this problem was delt with when patching to 1.4b but i still have it.

Thanks you for any help.
Bill

"**** you guys get back in here now, this is not a pleasure cruise, if you dont get back in this ship im gonna dive it without you" Just you wait till i report this. How do i work this radio anyways??

trident42
01-20-2006, 11:11 AM
That sounds good, i'm in november 1940 and all i seem to get is rough seas, overcast skies and then rain, rain and more rain, i haven't heard of this problem before, is it the middle of summer in tour game?

Jose.MaC
01-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey! You're playing without TC? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Since is early on war and you're in Wilhemshaven, you should be patrolling arround good old England. In summer, you can get nice sunny days, but in any other season should be stormy enought to made your deck gun useless. You only get good time if you've to sail arround Madeira and Canarias.

Try to uninstall and reinstall SHIII just with the 1.4b patch and the graphical mods. Check the weather and say something. Then, using the Jsm mod enabler, install harbour traffic, SH3 comman and damage mod (one at a time) and check what's going on with weather (I know, you should use time compression... but is worth the deal). Check that you're using the last version of mods like harbour traffic and SH Command, since they do alter some of your program files and they could be stoping the likeniless of weather changes -if you open the cfg files, you may end finding some lines in wich you've the info about weather, quite similar to the one you get in the scenario editor.

Good luck, her kaleuncaptain!

maxpower2
01-20-2006, 12:25 PM
its almost always raining in my game.

cuts down visibility.

i can make an attack without rain for cover.

William66th
01-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Didn't pay attention to the date until now but the date is set at November 17 1939 and before I clsed the game I was approaching the area where Dover is. Right now on the surface because it is night time and for now i feel safe. The crew is no longer sunning themselves anymore now they have resorted to throwing things around behind me and tapping on the torpedos. Not sure what there problem is lol. Some of them are just freezing cold and have headed into the engine room to keep warm. Anyways another approx 24 hr period and no change in weather or seas for tbat matter.

Anyone know what to check on to see if something is wrong with the weather settings like a radom number generated program or how does the weather work in this game anyways. Has to be a way to mod it.

Oh well back to work so far the day has been slow and now I will get back to doing some cleaning around here until I hear something like this "SHIP SPOTTED" or worse yet "AIRCRAFT SPOTTED" then its back to the computer "command chair"

thanks again for any help
Bill

"guys put that thing down you bunch of children, hey stop it i said!! Put that wrench down Now!!. Stop tappingon that torpedo you moron. Ok thats it fine you, you, you, you, and you. Outside now your the next bridge crew." Anyone else want to mess around on MY boat?"

maxpower2
01-21-2006, 12:17 AM
you know what ive noticed though?

it seems the weather goes in cycles, no matter where you are.

i can be in a raging north sea gale, flank it down to gibraltar, and the weather is the same. the whole way.

or have the same drizzle from brest all the way to the bahamas.

the weather model could use some work, but that would take up alot of space. and research.