PDA

View Full Version : Remove 400ms attacks from game

PecarCZ
11-07-2018, 11:00 PM
WHat idiot ****** have that good idea make 400ms attacks what is almost no way block Remove it or nerf dmg by 30-50%

DefiledDragon
11-08-2018, 12:20 AM
Not gonna happen. Designers have already said so very clearly.

bannex19
11-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Don't remove them. Just increase the stam cost every consecutive chain.

.... but that would be pretending that they have any desire to improve the game.

Blitzwarrior771
11-08-2018, 02:25 AM
nerf defense

MarshalMoriarty
11-08-2018, 02:28 AM
I'm fine with 400ms in principle. But only as chain starters or finishers and never consecutively.

Lukynu
11-08-2018, 12:04 PM
I agree, perhaps as chain starers its fine, but anything this fast in any form beyond that is ridiculous. (And i also think fast unblockables out of nothing without having to dodge forward first like glads toe stab or tiandis hand poke shouldnt be a thing either)

Top players will still be able to parry everything or at least block it, while average and lower players just suffer more from this. All this obsession with nearly completely removing defense only makes the game worse more causal players id say. And i think its especially horror for newer players, those will get worse impressions of the game as they play and are more likely to quit when they feel like there is nothing they can do anything to avoid eating all the damage.

Maybe after nerfing/slowing the plain insane speeds on most attacks, they should introduce attacks that can be blocked but not parried? (and turn bunch of existing attacks into that) Slow enough where you dont have to be superhuman to react to them, but at the same time turtles wont become stronger. Could add more chip damage so things dont get too stale if people just try throw these at each other. I think this wouldnt be bad for the game. They could have different color in the blocking hud and not flick. (perhaps different brighter shade of red, or blue or, really whatever color ) This will nerf ultimate turtles and at the same time make the game more friendly to new folk and medicore causals. They will feel less frustrated when they can actually defend themselves and not eat everything, while able to throw attacks back and not get heavily punished for doing that too. And top people wouldnt be too hurt by this either i think.

Perhaps some pretty slow heavy attacks that would get turned into this could have a very accurate tracking so those who just wait do dodge and stab you will get hit if they dodge instead of blocking.
Some attacks in your combo would be parry-able, some would be this (only blockable), characters would receive longer combos (heavy, light, heavy, light, light, heavy, heavy, finisher heavy, just all sorts of long combos, just completely random example) with these mixed in it. Maybe attacks could have different effects from based on directon, varying on each attack. if you do the third attack in combo from left directon, its a regular parriable/dodgeable one, if you do that same one from right instead, its the blockable only version. It will add more depth to the combos.

And combos are fun. Right? i think so. (tiandi LL, LH, HH are so boring and basic short and unsatisfying compared to say raider who can combo three attacks). You would also have to learn and memorize such long combos, assuming you get various SPECIFIC combos instead of freely throwing attacks into any direction until you count to 7th (finisher) or something, assuming you didnt mess up with stamina (stamina would be obviously changed up so you dont get exhausted lafter 3 attacks like you do now) or opponent didnt manage to interrupt you. (parry, blocking certain kind of light, etc, the usual). Kinda like in other fighter games, obviously not as insane as some like Tekken series, but hey, still more complex than what it is now! Can spice it up even more obviously, with bash attacks, etc, much more than what described can be done with this.

It will make the game so much more fun too i think, for everyone, if they slowed everything down and introduced all of this with it.

The_B0G_
11-08-2018, 02:56 PM
They are using 400ms lights like chip damage, they are supposed to get through to slowly trim you down, the problem with this is only some characters have them at this point and it takes months for just one rework. Eventually every character will have at least one 400 ms light, and if they don't, then the game will never be balanced right.

Heavy/slow characters have been getting the short end of the stick since the beginning, it's all about spamming fast attacks and cancelling unblockables a few frames before they land now. If the game was like this on the BETA, I probably wouldn't have even bought it. The constant too fast for reaction attacks mixed with constant unblockable feinting makes this game mentally exhausting.

On console people used to complain about 500 ms lights, now everyone has 400 ms lights, this game may survive for PC, but I don't think it has much time left on console with this route they are taking, not for me at least. It's just not fun anymore.

Knight_Raime
11-08-2018, 07:29 PM
They're fine. Our health pools are just too small. Besides that the problem isn't 400ms attacks themselves. it's that a lot of the kits that have them are poorly designed and thus rely on them. Or said kit actually is decent. But the 400ms light "spam" is just easier to do. So people stick to it. Both are design issues. Just in different ways.

Orochi and pk are examples of poorly designed heros that don't bring anything interesting/useful to the table. So they rely on the 400ms attacks.
Nuxia is an example of a hero that actually has a good kit design conceptually. But because traps are less than usable at high level and not intuitive enough to be used smartly at a lower level people crutch on her 400ms lights.

Tiandi and shaolin (berzerker too) are examples of kits that have these fast attacks. But do not rely on them to have a functional kit. Not every hero should get 400ms lights. But I do think the heros who don't get them should have the same delay window on their lights that Jiang Jun has on his.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-08-2018, 11:41 PM
Yea I wouldn't have bought the game either if I knew how much cheese there was going to be. I wanted a realistic fighting game. I remember when raiders unblockable zone was considered op and unrealistic. Now the whole game is just cheese and any newcomer who are looking for realism are going to be very disappointed.

JerryTheLinberg
11-09-2018, 12:42 AM
Lol git gud at blocking idiot.

The_B0G_
11-09-2018, 02:43 AM

400 ms attacks are meant to be unreactable... you're not supposed to be able to block them on reaction.

Rhyza.
11-09-2018, 03:09 AM

People like you should have your forum access revoked.

I can also get behind them just being chain openers. As well as the increasing stam drain for consecutive use, though not the two ideas together. Or maybe just lower the initial damage depending on the speed of the actual attack? 400ms attacks should hit like a paper cut.