PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Rising?

SixAxe505
11-06-2018, 03:52 AM
So the Samurai are doing really good in the event challenges and we won our first faction war campaign since I have been playing the game. Is this in direct response with marching fire? Is more new players joined to our cause because of wu-lin or in spite of wu-lin not being a faction in the war so it's the next best thing? Thoughts?

MarshalMoriarty
11-06-2018, 04:40 AM
It is unexpected (assuming its all legit of course), especially since I rarely see any Samurai heroes other than the endless legions of Kenseis and the occasional Orochi nowadays.

SangLong524
11-06-2018, 04:52 AM
i wouldnt hold my breath.
The new influx maybe due to MF, i would not say it due to Wulin. but certainly it draws in new blood. most of this enthusiasm will be gone soon when they really FH is not a piece of cake and when the vikings do the sweep again. I must say that Samurai population isn't a dedicated or loyal people at all, provided that all calculations are legit and no foul play, of course.
Still, i was rather surprised we won campaign 1 and 2 events, but i expect that things will be the same as last season.

Siegfried-Z
11-06-2018, 10:01 AM
It is unexpected (assuming its all legit of course), especially since I rarely see any Samurai heroes other than the endless legions of Kenseis and the occasional Orochi nowadays.

Maybe because those two are the only viable Samurais char nowadays.

Shugo effectivness depend too much on your mates abilities in 4v4 and is weak as hell in 1v1.
Nobu is not that good in 4v4 and weak in 1v1.
Shinobi HP pools is low and his kit is not really viable in 4v4, he is only correct/good in 1v1.
Musha ? Till there he was pretty good in my opinion but they just kill him with MF changes... he is slow as hell now and has lost a lot of mix up.

So, for players which dislike just spamming lights (sorry roch), Kensei is the only viable and interesting Samurai Option. That's why we saw lots of them

Vakris_One
11-06-2018, 03:52 PM
So the Samurai are doing really good in the event challenges and we won our first faction war campaign since I have been playing the game. Is this in direct response with marching fire? Is more new players joined to our cause because of wu-lin or in spite of wu-lin not being a faction in the war so it's the next best thing? Thoughts?
It's more likely that a lot of people left the Samurai faction and joined the Vikings. The way the faction war and challenges are "balanced" is that the smallest populated faction gets the highest boost to asset weight while the largest populated faction is essentially wearing lead boots. Samurai have been the largest populated faction for a long time and it only seems to crippled them whereas the Vikings have been the smallest for some time and well, they've won 3 Seasons in a row pretty easily.

Worth keeping in mind also is that the challenges take into account everyone who plays the specific event. Whereas the Faction War requires players to place a flag and think strategically about where best to deploy assets. A faction can easily be sabotaged if a large part of its playerbase don't bother playing the faction war or do like the Knights and throw 30 million worth of assets onto a single tile just for the meme of it. With event challenges you don't have this problem.

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 08:53 PM
It's more likely that a lot of people left the Samurai faction and joined the Vikings. The way the faction war and challenges are "balanced" is that the smallest populated faction gets the highest boost to asset weight while the largest populated faction is essentially wearing lead boots. Samurai have been the largest populated faction for a long time and it only seems to crippled them whereas the Vikings have been the smallest for some time and well, they've won 3 Seasons in a row pretty easily.

Worth keeping in mind also is that the challenges take into account everyone who plays the specific event. Whereas the Faction War requires players to place a flag and think strategically about where best to deploy assets. A faction can easily be sabotaged if a large part of its playerbase don't bother playing the faction war or do like the Knights and throw 30 million worth of assets onto a single tile just for the meme of it. With event challenges you don't have this problem.

In our defense the volcano is pretty sweet.

UbiInsulin
11-06-2018, 08:57 PM
In our defense the volcano is pretty sweet.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0K46sLnj98Gmro3u/giphy.gif

Kryltic
11-07-2018, 01:29 AM
The fact that anyone believes the utter crap that the Samurai are the largest faction is hilarious. Vikings are by far the most popular.

If I were to go from the games I've played I would say a ratio of 7 Vikings to 3 Knights to 1 Samurai is the norm.

MarshalMoriarty
11-07-2018, 02:52 AM
The argument of 'They must place a flag etc' just seems dubious though. Why would it be the case that only Vikiing Faction would be doing it properly? Are we saying that purely by chance, the Viking faction has smarter, more commited players? Every season?

And yes, I agree that the Samurai heroes are seriously underwhelming right now. Kensei and to a certain extent Orochi are carrying that Faction at the moment.

Kryltic
11-07-2018, 03:46 AM
The argument of 'They must place a flag etc' just seems dubious though. Why would it be the case that only Vikiing Faction would be doing it properly? Are we saying that purely by chance, the Viking faction has smarter, more commited players? Every season?

And yes, I agree that the Samurai heroes are seriously underwhelming right now. Kensei and to a certain extent Orochi are carrying that Faction at the moment.

The heroes don't matter. It's based on the faction the player is aligned to so hero tier isn't important. Still, most Samurai Heroes are low tier.

Rhyza.
11-07-2018, 03:52 AM

Lets make Nobu this games mascot, and maybe she'll get some love for her kit. She's adorable enough to make it.

MarshalMoriarty
11-07-2018, 04:22 AM
I know that the choice of heroes technically has no bearing on your Faction affiliation. However common sense suggests that if a player has joined a Faction, they will play as 1 or more of that Faction's heroes for a substantial period. It would be rather counter intuitive to join a Faction if you had no interest in their heroes. I believe S6 bore this out during the 'Have most kills as X faction's heroes'. Each phase was won by its respective Faction.

As for Nobushi, why not? Cobble together some vids of her, play some Abba songs over it, see Warden break her heart over and over lol