PDA

View Full Version : What should my next write up be about?

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 01:32 AM
Feel like making a helpful post/thought provoking post. But I don't know which to write about. Help me out here. What should I write about?

SixAxe505
11-06-2018, 01:48 AM
You should talk about the scenarios when a deflect should be used over a parry (character specific examples). How since deflects do not stop attacks from hitting and allows the enemy to continue a chain that it should not be considered a form of blocking but of evasion. Why they should work on unblockable attacks with the above reasoning. Why shinobis's deflect with options should be the standard for all heroes with a deflect. That kind of thing maybe.

DefiledDragon
11-06-2018, 01:58 AM
I wish the devs would prioritise deflect frames over iframes.

I was torn between FH never being competitive and the community division. I went for the former.

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 02:35 AM
You should talk about the scenarios when a deflect should be used over a parry (character specific examples). How since deflects do not stop attacks from hitting and allows the enemy to continue a chain that it should not be considered a form of blocking but of evasion. Why they should work on unblockable attacks with the above reasoning. Why shinobis's deflect with options should be the standard for all heroes with a deflect. That kind of thing maybe.

I wouldn't be able to talk much about deflects tbh. Aside from specific heros deflecting is more about choice than optimal play. Like deflecting with pk is optimal play. But deflecting with Shaolin is more of a choice. I don't think deflecting should work on unblockables. Purely because that would make dodging to avoid them too safe. I think that giving multiple deflect options is a nice idea that would fit some heros besides shinobi (nuxia comes immediately to mind) But I don't think every person who deflects needs multiple options with it.

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 02:36 AM
I wish the devs would prioritise deflect frames over iframes.

I was torn between FH never being competitive and the community division. I went for the former.

You, me, and pretty much the entire competitive community share that wish aha.
But thanks for the vote.

I'm having some dental work done on the 8th. So i'll have a few days of downtime. Then when i'm recovered enough i'll make whatever thread ends up winning out in the poll. Thanks for voting.

Baggin_
11-06-2018, 04:20 AM
Personally I'd like to hear your thoughts on how For Honor could make it to becoming an Esport.

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 05:44 AM
Personally I'd like to hear your thoughts on how For Honor could make it to becoming an Esport.

I personally believe the games/devs reputation is too damaged to be picked up as an actual Esport at this point. But If I do end up doing the write up on why the game won't ever be competitive I will mention the things that they could do to make the game able to be a viable competitive experience.

SangLong524
11-06-2018, 06:02 AM
Tips and tricks for wulins since people are crying so hard.
I have no interest in esport.
Competitive: i dont know, its pretty simple to me. Provided that the fight is stable, you kill me, you are better for now.
The community will be forever divided, for the greater good, it’d better not unite.

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Tips and tricks for wulins since people are crying so hard.
I have no interest in esport.
Competitive: i dont know, its pretty simple to me. Provided that the fight is stable, you kill me, you are better for now.
The community will be forever divided, for the greater good, it’d better not unite.

Yeah I feel like regardless of what I do write up after this poll closes I should do that write up anyway.
It's always good to be informative.

Lord_Cherubi
11-06-2018, 10:09 AM
"Your options against Shaolin w/Shugo"

That'll be a short damn post i tell you 😂

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 08:55 PM
"Your options against Shaolin w/Shugo"

That'll be a short damn post i tell you ��

Something I wouldn't be able to really talk about as I don't have much experience with the thicc boi

Knight_Raime
11-08-2018, 07:33 PM
bumping.

Ubiflowessence
11-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Please do not bump threads, it is against the rules.

Knight_Raime
11-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Please do not bump threads, it is against the rules.

Noted.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-09-2018, 02:31 AM
Why don't you post about bumping a post about posting when you should just have posted already. Or is this something I don't understand because it's "high level play" blah blah blah.

chukblok
11-09-2018, 04:34 AM
well I couldnt vote.
Maybe some sort of guide for new players (ive seen some posting). Things you learned hard way, things to avoid, which heroes build a stronger foundation of core skills, etc.
Something detailed enough that could be stickied. That may be a lot of work...but i think its needed.
I think it was crimsonmonkey that posted something about how a lot of people (myself included) are more attracted to the original guys like LB and how a new player that picks him may be thrown off at how bad it seems against new heroes.
Im not suggesting a huge guide on each hero...just like if you knew then what you knew now...what would help the most?