PDA

View Full Version : The Wu Lin heroes are weak

MrB3NX
11-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Hello guys ,

I hope Ubisoft buffs the Wu Lin heroes

The Tiandi needs to deal damage on his non sword attacks

The Shaolin struggles a lot when someone dodges him

The Jiang Jung spends an unreasonable amount of stamina upon attacking ,I hope you remove his Sifu pose and let his mana cost a normal one because this is ridiculous

I haven't played Nuxia yet but she's really annoying and i hope Ubi nerfs her

i don't understand whenever Ubi creates a female hero it has to be a cancerous one !

Please listen to this feedback and consider it because i'm speaking truth .

Wookiescantfly
11-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Are... are you being serious right now?

Devils-_-legacy
11-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Shoalin tandi and jj are quite strong they don't need buffs
Nuxia is quite weak can could do with a buff the only viable thing she has are her lights the traps are easily avoided unless it's a 1 v x and her deflect shouldn't be blockable

Baturai
11-05-2018, 10:32 PM
this must be a joke xD

Knight_Raime
11-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Actually they're the most balanced heros they've released dlc wise.
Only JJ is close to being weak. And that's in duels. His feats alone make him A tier in 4's and his wide range makes him alright in brawls.

UbiInsulin
11-05-2018, 11:37 PM
Can you go into a bit more detail on why these changes should be made in your opinion? Your opinion doesn't need to be the same as everyone else's, but I have to admit I found your post to be counter to most of the feedback I've been reading.

MrB3NX
11-06-2018, 11:14 AM
Can you go into a bit more detail on why these changes should be made in your opinion? Your opinion doesn't need to be the same as everyone else's, but I have to admit I found your post to be counter to most of the feedback I've been reading.

Yeah most players disagree with me because at first they didn't know how to deal with these new heroes so that's why they are complaining which is silly

but now it's all clear and i see a lot of holes in the Wu Lin heroes that must be fixed , we wan't to feel the worth of our money

they might be good but not good enough that's why i'm upset with all these noobs demanding nerfs on them just because they don't know how to play against them .

SangLong524
11-06-2018, 11:20 AM
i agree with your attitude, OP. although more details are needed for me to agree with your post

Tha Dr Pigeon
11-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Really doesn't make sense as to why you state they are underpowered. JJ's stance gives him back the stamina immediately, while Shaolin has UNDODGEABLE attacks. Tiandi's palm strike and kick confirm damage for him on the former, and for teammates on the latter. Nuxia is very weak, her traps are negated by an emote or light attack.

Blitzwarrior771
11-06-2018, 07:27 PM
at first hero’s were great now they feel more sluggish maybe after patch or players learn their moves too quick ? Why is Valkyrie so fast so op ? Why did u buff aramusha ? Only Nuxia is good for pvp . And why jj unblockable is not going trough **** this defensive meta I’m so tired of these cockroaches .

Helnekromancer
11-06-2018, 11:56 PM
JJ's stance is a stamina-less hidden stance, dodging incoming counter attacks and regaining his stamina. A good JJ is so annoying to fight because he has a super safe and cheap playstyle.

Blitzwarrior771
11-07-2018, 12:49 AM
Yeah let’s talk about cheap play style , orochi , aramusha , Valkyrie ,raider carry you on his shoulder all day long , peacekeeper and his bleeds , and berserker his damn annoying . All mentioned above can chain you . Raider can put you in a sit up position and play with u like a toy .

lululul192
11-07-2018, 02:20 AM
All of wulin is quite good atm, they all been balance by UBIsoft already, what are you thinking? Most of them have annoying moves, dmg is good enough to hanlde opponent - compare to old characters. and JJ fat *** is one of the most annoying wulin char, even that Tiandi had super fast move to dodge. Done blame the Character, just you cant play good enough to get full control of them. there's many good players out there, and there's a few post like this?!

Siegfried-Z
11-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Yeah most players disagree with me because at first they didn't know how to deal with these new heroes so that's why they are complaining which is silly

but now it's all clear and i see a lot of holes in the Wu Lin heroes that must be fixed , we wan't to feel the worth of our money

they might be good but not good enough that's why i'm upset with all these noobs demanding nerfs on them just because they don't know how to play against them .

man this is not a pay to win. If you feel like WuLin char are weak you should just have as a best answer to Get Gud.

at first hero’s were great now they feel more sluggish maybe after patch or players learn their moves too quick ? Why is Valkyrie so fast so op ? Why did u buff aramusha ? Only Nuxia is good for pvp . And why jj unblockable is not going trough **** this defensive meta I’m so tired of these cockroaches .

Looks you play another game than others.
Valkyrie is OP ? LOL can you please argue because speed is not a Valk strengh as her heavies are slow, her zone is slow, and her lights are All 500ms which is average except 400ms only by the top for second and 3rd one which are pretty often parried if used stupidly at a decent level.

Aramusha did get a buff ? Looks you never played him, he has lost a lot of mix up potential and is much slower than before and get what ? side heavy doing 10 more dmg where before it was 30 but with top light of 13 dmg guaranteed... so he's got a dmg nerf as well. They only improoved by 100ms his side deadly feint which means nothing except killing his potential.

Only Nuxia good for PvP ? She's the worst of WulIn for Pvp by far.

JJ UB not going through ? In PvP it goes through very often if well used.

I really doubt you're playing For Honor.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-07-2018, 05:35 PM
To respond to the OP's points directly;

"Tiandi's non-sword hits should do damage"

With Tiandi having a Dodging, Undodgeable, Superior Blocking, Counter Crushing, 400 ms light I don't feel he needs to have his Palm Strike potential followup do damage. The Dragon kick however I feel would be fine with 5-10 damage as it flings people bodily.

"Shaolin struggles when people dodge him"

Shaolin as an Undodgeable heavy from both dodge and Qi Stance in response to this.

"Jiang Jun has too high of stamina costs, remove Sifu Poise and normalize his stamina loss"

Jiang Jun has High Stamina costs to help balance him. He takes a lot of stamina to attack but can regain it easily. However if you spam attacks and regen too much, people will GB you when you go for Sifu. Being punished for spamming but having an option to help counter-offense sounds fine to me. Not to mention Sifu has a dodge property like HS.

"Nuxia is annoying, nerf her"

While 400ms Lights are annoying, Nuxia is extremely weak. She only has lights, heavies, a slow zone, and traps. her traps are however very bad as they can be negated by;
-Switching Guard
-Guard Break
-Light
-Unlock
-and if you're feeling rude, Emote
Essentially she only has lights, but most people I would argue with a little practice could dodge the first and parry the second

MrB3NX
11-07-2018, 08:40 PM
To respond to the OP's points directly;

"Tiandi's non-sword hits should do damage"

With Tiandi having a Dodging, Undodgeable, Superior Blocking, Counter Crushing, 400 ms light I don't feel he needs to have his Palm Strike potential followup do damage. The Dragon kick however I feel would be fine with 5-10 damage as it flings people bodily.

"Shaolin struggles when people dodge him"

Shaolin as an Undodgeable heavy from both dodge and Qi Stance in response to this.

"Jiang Jun has too high of stamina costs, remove Sifu Poise and normalize his stamina loss"

Jiang Jun has High Stamina costs to help balance him. He takes a lot of stamina to attack but can regain it easily. However if you spam attacks and regen too much, people will GB you when you go for Sifu. Being punished for spamming but having an option to help counter-offense sounds fine to me. Not to mention Sifu has a dodge property like HS.

"Nuxia is annoying, nerf her"

While 400ms Lights are annoying, Nuxia is extremely weak. She only has lights, heavies, a slow zone, and traps. her traps are however very bad as they can be negated by;
-Switching Guard
-Guard Break
-Light
-Unlock
-and if you're feeling rude, Emote
Essentially she only has lights, but most people I would argue with a little practice could dodge the first and parry the second

Tiandi sends people flying via zero damage kick is a freaking joke of the season

why cent ,raider ,conq and glad can actually hit with their non weapon attacks but Tiandi can't !?

i want an explanation for this messed up situation .

+

Shaolin without the teleport would face troubles on catching the hit and run enemies , there are so damn good feats that i wanna pick but i can't because i need the damn teleport to make this weakling useful for a bit .

+

Are you seriously defending the Sifu pose for the sake of dodging ? you smart boy must of forgot you can dodge all you want without this cruel garbage handicap .

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــــــ

I have put my reasons that its very obvious and it doesn't need going on details like this to explain it but here it is the details you want

My understanding for this game exceeds all of you that's why Ubi should consider my suggestion because it is as real as it gets .

Averageperson10
11-07-2018, 09:27 PM
shouldn't this post be in feedback and suggestions not general , Worthless post

MrB3NX
11-07-2018, 11:59 PM
shouldn't this post be in feedback and suggestions not general , Worthless post

the other sections are dead , i put it here and i got a dev respond which is okay .

Siegfried-Z
11-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Tiandi sends people flying via zero damage kick is a freaking joke of the season

why cent ,raider ,conq and glad can actually hit with their non weapon attacks but Tiandi can't !?

i want an explanation for this messed up situation .

+

Shaolin without the teleport would face troubles on catching the hit and run enemies , there are so damn good feats that i wanna pick but i can't because i need the damn teleport to make this weakling useful for a bit .

+

Are you seriously defending the Sifu pose for the sake of dodging ? you smart boy must of forgot you can dodge all you want without this cruel garbage handicap .

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ـــــــــــــــــــــ

I have put my reasons that its very obvious and it doesn't need going on details like this to explain it but here it is the details you want

My understanding for this game exceeds all of you that's why Ubi should consider my suggestion because it is as real as it gets .

Man do you read yourself ? Do you really believe ubi care about opinion like yours ?

Let me clarify something, your understanding of the game is close to the absolut zero.

Let me tell you why you're wrong with every wulin char.

TIANDI

Your argue is to say he is weak because his bash didn't score dmg, you forgot something, his hand bash guarantee a light and can show up really fastly at any moment of his mix up + his kick is softfeintable into dash attacks.. Which is pretty strong and kick is knocking the opponent down so far that you can ledge or kill into peaks very easly. It can also let you and your mates destroy a guy in 1sec if there is a wall behind him.

So, Tiandi Bash doesn't need to do DMG.

That beiing said, Tiandi has lots of Dodge abilities and mix up arround that, he is the only char of the whole game with the ability to feint a side dash attack into whatever he wants and to have heavy or light dash options in any directions.

Plus to that, he has two kind of bash he can use at almost any moments.

He has sup block.
He is the only Vanguard of the game to have 400ms lights.
His zone is pretty good.
He has good feats.
His dmg ouputt are fine looking at how it is easy to hit opponent with him.

JJ :

Your argue to say he is weak is his stam cost.
Well; he require lots of stam but whatever you say about that, his Sifu stance allow him to regen his stam so fast that i would even say stam management is a JJ strenght. And i am rep 3 with him.

Now let's have a look at JJ strong points.

Best HP pool of the game on par with LB
Strong defense with fix guard and lots of health and shield feats
Came out very fast to an OOS situation with Sifu
Despite beiing a heavy, he has 500ms lights of 20dmg
Only heavy to have real side dash attacks with 20dmg, considered as a heavy (low risk and can execute) and can be softfeinted into a 16dmg 400lights in the opposite direction
Insane punishes : 26dmg heavy parry followed by an UB or a Slap which almost make OOS opponent plus light or heavy if wallsplat (plus mates can heavy hit the guy during animation)... Top heavy on light parry and wallsplat, top heavy and UB on OOS punish
Front dash attack can be softfeinted into a very fast kick with a 20dmg light of UB if wallsplat... very good option to max punish an opponent while OOS with hardfeint GB
JJ have HA on first heavy
JJ second heavies are UB in any direction
JJ zone can chain

JJ is weak ? Man he even outshine Kensei by far in 4v4

Shaolin :

He is weak because of dodge attack ? At this point of the game, it is not an argue, you can't say any char is weak against "dodge", if you get caught by a happy dodger opponents, it just show a lack of skills.

Btw, Shaolin is pretty strong :

400ms top lights from neutral and all others at 500ms
Ability to score a triple light at once or double and QI stance
Lights are pretty fast in his combo and heavies have good AOE properties (so, he is not weak against dodge).
QI stance can be used at any moments of his combo
While in QI stance, his options are so intense that he can outplay his popponent wery easly, he can kick, he can side heavy you which is undodgable to bait your dash, he can just stun you with the light, or he can land a UB feinted for a crushing counter or whatever
His crushing counter and deflects really have an easy timing ! Far easier than HL crushing counter or Valk on deflect for exemple
He has one of the best second feat with teleportation
Health back on block on the 3rd feat..

A decent player can mix up you to death with Shaolin.

Nuxia :

I've not played her, don't like her design so i would not talk too much about her.

I just thing she is strong in 1v1.
And she has a 400ms lights chain which is annoying.. but she doesn't feel that strong. A bit weak i would say.

Just go to the Arena and till you get gud, play arcade and PVE

MrB3NX
11-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Man do you read yourself ? Do you really believe ubi care about opinion like yours ?

Let me clarify something, your understanding of the game is close to the absolut zero.

Let me tell you why you're wrong with every wulin char.

TIANDI

Your argue is to say he is weak because his bash didn't score dmg, you forgot something, his hand bash guarantee a light and can show up really fastly at any moment of his mix up + his kick is softfeintable into dash attacks.. Which is pretty strong and kick is knocking the opponent down so far that you can ledge or kill into peaks very easly. It can also let you and your mates destroy a guy in 1sec if there is a wall behind him.

So, Tiandi Bash doesn't need to do DMG.

That beiing said, Tiandi has lots of Dodge abilities and mix up arround that, he is the only char of the whole game with the ability to feint a side dash attack into whatever he wants and to have heavy or light dash options in any directions.

Plus to that, he has two kind of bash he can use at almost any moments.

He has sup block.
He is the only Vanguard of the game to have 400ms lights.
His zone is pretty good.
He has good feats.
His dmg ouputt are fine looking at how it is easy to hit opponent with him.

JJ :

Your argue to say he is weak is his stam cost.
Well; he require lots of stam but whatever you say about that, his Sifu stance allow him to regen his stam so fast that i would even say stam management is a JJ strenght. And i am rep 3 with him.

Now let's have a look at JJ strong points.

Best HP pool of the game on par with LB
Strong defense with fix guard and lots of health and shield feats
Came out very fast to an OOS situation with Sifu
Despite beiing a heavy, he has 500ms lights of 20dmg
Only heavy to have real side dash attacks with 20dmg, considered as a heavy (low risk and can execute) and can be softfeinted into a 16dmg 400lights in the opposite direction
Insane punishes : 26dmg heavy parry followed by an UB or a Slap which almost make OOS opponent plus light or heavy if wallsplat (plus mates can heavy hit the guy during animation)... Top heavy on light parry and wallsplat, top heavy and UB on OOS punish
Front dash attack can be softfeinted into a very fast kick with a 20dmg light of UB if wallsplat... very good option to max punish an opponent while OOS with hardfeint GB
JJ have HA on first heavy
JJ second heavies are UB in any direction
JJ zone can chain

JJ is weak ? Man he even outshine Kensei by far in 4v4

Shaolin :

He is weak because of dodge attack ? At this point of the game, it is not an argue, you can't say any char is weak against "dodge", if you get caught by a happy dodger opponents, it just show a lack of skills.

Btw, Shaolin is pretty strong :

400ms top lights from neutral and all others at 500ms
Ability to score a triple light at once or double and QI stance
Lights are pretty fast in his combo and heavies have good AOE properties (so, he is not weak against dodge).
QI stance can be used at any moments of his combo
While in QI stance, his options are so intense that he can outplay his popponent wery easly, he can kick, he can side heavy you which is undodgable to bait your dash, he can just stun you with the light, or he can land a UB feinted for a crushing counter or whatever
His crushing counter and deflects really have an easy timing ! Far easier than HL crushing counter or Valk on deflect for exemple
He has one of the best second feat with teleportation
Health back on block on the 3rd feat..

A decent player can mix up you to death with Shaolin.

Nuxia :

I've not played her, don't like her design so i would not talk too much about her.

I just thing she is strong in 1v1.
And she has a 400ms lights chain which is annoying.. but she doesn't feel that strong. A bit weak i would say.

Just go to the Arena and till you get gud, play arcade and PVE

I made this thread to discuss the holes , cons and disadvantages of the Wu Lin heroes

and you should argue with me on that

but what you did here is simply reminding us of their pros and advantages that has nothing to do of what i said

i liked the other members who actually tried to argue on the point and not to revolve around it serving nothing to our goal .

Jrock42_
11-08-2018, 08:06 PM
I made this thread to discuss the holes , cons and disadvantages of the Wu Lin heroes

but what you did here is simply reminding us of their pros and advantages that has nothing to do of what i said

i liked the other members who actually tried to argue on the point and not to revolve around it serving nothing to our goal .

Mate he just dismantled your argument. By the way every character needs weaknesses, that's common sense, like others have said this game isn't pay to win. The wu line are all mostly balanced, nuxia nees changes as she is very one dimensional and paper thin.

dedric_branford
11-08-2018, 08:21 PM
did U just every character needs a weakness.. lmao. A balanced character like warden and kensei dont need a weakness to become a good hero. weakness mean that that hero needs a rework. e.g Aramusha is destroyed when faceing a tuetle with a opener.

Blitzwarrior771
11-08-2018, 09:01 PM
That is great that aramusha gets destroyed . The strongest bot is aramusha by far . We had 2 orochi 2 aramusha as bots they ménage to breach to the commander only team work can stop them . Screw aramusha .

MrB3NX
11-08-2018, 11:40 PM
did U just every character needs a weakness.. lmao. A balanced character like warden and kensei dont need a weakness to become a good hero. weakness mean that that hero needs a rework. e.g Aramusha is destroyed when faceing a tuetle with a opener.

Warden's shoulder tackle should be removed

it so unskillful and unbalanced .

Jrock42_
11-09-2018, 01:12 AM

So every character should be an unstoppable monster with absolutely no downsides.

K

Jrock42_
11-09-2018, 01:43 AM
Just to be clear. Aramusha is a bad hero because he has literally no strengths and every weakness you can think of, same with shugoki. When I say every character should have weaknesses I mean like tiandi THAT is what I'm saying. Strong but not so overpowering that it feels like luck when you beat one.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-09-2018, 01:50 AM
I think you people have two separate definitions of weakness. Inherently every character that is different is going to have strengths and weaknesses. It is impossible for all characters to be perfect without being generic. Having a generic would mean perfectly balanced character could be created that had no weaknesses. So the only weakness would be the players skill. But to many gamers this would be boring. Creating a perfect character in a sea of diversity with no weaknesses would create a monster.

RexXZ347
11-09-2018, 02:10 AM
*Ubisoft sees majority of the community agrees wu lin is balanced*

Ubisoft: .............

*Ubisoft sees one chinese noob wants wu lin to be buffed*

Ubisoft: alright boys we need to buff the wu lin asap.

Siegfried-Z
11-09-2018, 09:55 AM

Your purpose is to state that "Wulin Char are weak/need buff". And you spoke about false argue to justify it.

So, i just argue in a way that shows they are strong and has enough strenghts already, that's not out of the topic.

Adding to that you say you like the others trying to argue on the topic, but just above you said you don't care of them because "your understanding of the game is far superior to them and that's why Ubi listen to you" LOL Best joke ever.

The only thing you was able to respond to my comment is to say it is out of the topic while it is not... because with al these things beiing said, you can't argue anymore they are weak.

PS : While showing their strenghts, i also say at the very first for each of them why what you would like for them is a wrong thing.

Siegfried-Z
11-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Mate he just dismantled your argument. By the way every character needs weaknesses, that's common sense, like others have said this game isn't pay to win. The wu line are all mostly balanced, nuxia nees changes as she is very one dimensional and paper thin.

He is just not objective and keep going with his mistakes in mind...

I believe what he mean is that every Char should not be super strong in everything. Kensei and Valk are good example of that i believe, they are strong, but both have things not easy to do for them.

Kensei Side lights are 600ms and pommel strike is very slow which oblige him to work a bit to engage because only Top light and Zone doesn't work anymore if spammed.
Valk while really strong in 1v1, doesn't have any HA or UB and as Bash feed revenge in 4v4, she has to wrok smartly in 4v4 if she wants to be efficient.

In another hand, Warden got eveything, no weak points, and that's not a good things.

JJ should be a bit slower or doiing less dmg, currently he is just one of the best Char of the game in every single things... for exemple.

That is great that aramusha gets destroyed . The strongest bot is aramusha by far . We had 2 orochi 2 aramusha as bots they ménage to breach to the commander only team work can stop them . Screw aramusha .

Who care about bots ? And btw strongest bots are most of times Valky one which deflect absolutly everything.
Sorry but saying Musha is Op is a wrong statement and i think i don't even need to argue about this.

dedric_branford
11-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Just to be clear. Aramusha is a bad hero because he has literally no strengths and every weakness you can think of, same with shugoki. When I say every character should have weaknesses I mean like tiandi THAT is what I'm saying. Strong but not so overpowering that it feels like luck when you beat one.

pls bear in mind that a proper hero needs a tool that forces a reaction . it does not mean he is broken . it means that char is viable in the game. i apologize if my words triggered u

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-09-2018, 12:26 PM
This topic started as a one sided discussion which makes me believe it is agenda driven and not truth seeking.

Jrock42_
11-09-2018, 08:29 PM
pls bear in mind that a proper hero needs a tool that forces a reaction . it does not mean he is broken . it means that char is viable in the game. i apologize if my words triggered u

We are basically saying the same thing. I don't want a roster of unstoppable unbeatable super cheese characters, nor do I want shug, LB, or aramusha to continue to be in as bad a state that they are

Blitzwarrior771
11-09-2018, 08:32 PM
Warden

MuscleTech12018
11-09-2018, 10:21 PM
JJ is the most powerful char ingame (easily admited by half the "pro streamers") and this noob comes with this thread :))

MrB3NX
11-09-2018, 11:18 PM
JJ is the most powerful char ingame (easily admited by half the "pro streamers") and this noob comes with this thread :))

I like how you said '' by half of pro streamers '' while this game is dead on twitch .

Blitzwarrior771
11-10-2018, 02:14 AM
They would stream but they need to show skills lol thats why they upset they favourite hero is not op.

Buggy.Blaster
11-10-2018, 06:43 AM
they have too much in my opinion. facing the jin j or the shaolin in a 1v1 is very hard.. op hard.

Miadous
11-10-2018, 08:46 AM
I'm not reading every post here since there are several pages already, but incase someone is reading everything, I'll post my opinion on the new heroes. The only really good one is Jing Juan or whatever his name is. The fat guy. JJ is insanely strong with no glaring weaknesses. Nuxia sucks, very poorly designed. Shaolin I wanted to be my favorite new hero, but has no opener unless you use his teleport feat, so just block him so he can't use Qi stance. Even then, not very threatening. Tiandi is the 2nd best, but besides dodging his punch and kick, he can only light spam. It does seem like the devs tried to be unique with these heroes, but just didn't quite hit the mark.

MrB3NX
11-10-2018, 12:11 PM
I'm not reading every post here since there are several pages already, but incase someone is reading everything, I'll post my opinion on the new heroes. The only really good one is Jing Juan or whatever his name is. The fat guy. JJ is insanely strong with no glaring weaknesses. Nuxia sucks, very poorly designed. Shaolin I wanted to be my favorite new hero, but has no opener unless you use his teleport feat, so just block him so he can't use Qi stance. Even then, not very threatening. Tiandi is the 2nd best, but besides dodging his punch and kick, he can only light spam. It does seem like the devs tried to be unique with these heroes, but just didn't quite hit the mark.

Exactly brother , that's what i was tryna explain .

Erhanninja
11-10-2018, 07:32 PM
JJ is ridiciliously strong. Not just movesetwise. He has ultimate hidden stance. Takes a step back to safety with half a second full stamina recovery and do side UB heavy with massive damage. He can take do all this before I can recover my one single attack. His damage is worst. He does a loooot of damage for such fast cheesy UB moves.