PDA

View Full Version : Just a friendly reminder to fix your game

TheDirtyDonut69
11-05-2018, 09:08 PM
How about instead making new things to get people to spend money on how about you focus on the core of the game and make it fun. It will never be be completely balanced but you guys make little to no effort in making it balanced. Instead of seeing how heroes behave and interact, you simply just look and numbers and win ratios. You made a PvE game mode that you have to pay for and its even half a**ed. Bots will Parry lights and you cant bait the bots and yet you made a weekly quest with nothing but level 3 shamans. People who gank still get revenge before the one being ganked does. How is that even fair? I even heard that shugoki got a stamina Nerf which is unacceptable. Like you guys said that shugoki has been underperforming for a while where you have been doing nothing but nerfing him. Any type of real feedback about the game gets no response or recognition unless they are kissing your a**. I want this game to be great but you refuse to listen to the community. Warriors den isn't even a source for the community to even reach you anymore, all it is is a source for you to tell us what new things we are going to able to buy when they come out. I think im quitting this game until it gets better but at this rate it seems like it wont get better. Its a wonderful game concept but sometimes I wish it was made by anyone other than UbiSoft. We have mods here that will ignore pressing matters and game issues but they will chew someone out for bumping a thread. It feels like the game is a cash grab. I want to know how people think about this. I feel like if the community had free reign to do whatever they wanted to this game, it would still end up more balanced than its current state.

Heres just a couple things that I think would make ganks and other things more balanced

1. Blocking immediately after counter gb. If someone throws a heavy or light and someone else guardbreaks you, you are guaranteed to take damage. That is kind of stupid because its not like can Dodge it. Just because someone pressed guardbreak you are forced to take damage. I feel like as soon as you counter gb, you should be able to immediately guard again.

2. Fix the indicators. There has been several issue I had while playing where I would be getting 2v1 and a Highlander or anyone with an unblockable would throw one while im locked onto someone else. I see the unblockable coming because I see the Highlander glowing orange. I look at the indicator and the unblockable symbol and hit indicator disapears from his side so I see.the Highlander attack and I try to Parry him without that indicator and my character tries to throw a heavy instead of a parry. I feel that since it dissapears from my fighting widget it just doesn't register as an attack towards me so I cant counter it

3. Add colorable hit indicators. I personally have issues seeing the indicator simply because red is a hard color for me to see. I would rather magenta or something that sticks out. It would definitely help fighting people who are on fire so the color doesn't blend in with the effect.

DefiledDragon
11-05-2018, 11:48 PM
When "balancing" the game they definitely ignore how much fun each characters is to play or to fight against. I don't play Conq. Not because he's not good (obviously), but because he's mind numbingly boring to play. I don't play Centurion for the same reason. I also don't play PK, even though I like the character, because who wants to play a character who can't land an execution against anyone with a pulse?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-06-2018, 12:13 AM
When "balancing" the game they definitely ignore how much fun each characters is to play or to fight against. I don't play Conq. Not because he's not good (obviously), but because he's mind numbingly boring to play. I don't play Centurion for the same reason. I also don't play PK, even though I like the character, because who wants to play a character who can't land an execution against anyone with a pulse?

Valkyrie rip... Your just another sacrifice to the spam gods.

Obliged_HL
11-06-2018, 12:44 AM
But Centurion is ****ing awful

MarshalMoriarty
11-06-2018, 01:17 AM
Been saying for ages now that they need to address how fun the heroes are to use and play against. It matters far more than whether they are in fact op or not. Because then its just a balance issue which can be resolved by looking at the older heroes with reworks. But if the characters are simply frustrating and tiresome to face, that is a fundamental error in design. If the Wu Lin to use them as one of many examples were powerful but fun to fight against, then there would be no issue. It would simply be a matter of time to get suffering heroes back in shape.

But the awful new spam driven direction of the game makes that wishful thinking. Its just light spam, 400ms attacks and unreactable feints, dodge attacks... and oh you get the picture. Since MF began in 4v4, the only characters you see game after game after game is Centurion, Warden, Raider, Berserker, Shaman, Kensei and the Wu Lin. Even Orochi is getting kind of uncommon now Kiai was nerfed and there are so many other spam characters.

Highlander, Nobushi, Shugoki, Lawbringer, Peacekeeper, Aramusha, Shinobi... Who are they? Don't remember anybody going by those names...

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 01:29 AM

I think the "fun" argument has some standing. Conq is a hero that should be changed based on this. Because his kit design is poor. You have to play him in a boring and unfun way. And fighting an optimal conq isn't fun to deal with.

Where as I think fun doesn't have an argument with the wu-lin heros. Because all of them are actually designed rather well (if you look at them in a vacuum.) It's that a lot of other heros don't have the basic needs to be in a decent spot. Where as the wu-lin do. (heavy attack on GB, dodge attacks, decent follow up attack speed/soft feints.) Dodge attacks and heavies on GB are absolutely needed. and there are heros that don't have both.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-06-2018, 01:32 AM
I have a rep 60 shugoki that I usually play. In the past week I've gotten random messages from players happy to see shugoki being used well and a distain for the new spam meta. One person went so far as to say I was an inspiration. It's really getting weird out there.

DefiledDragon
11-06-2018, 01:45 AM
Valkyrie rip... Your just another sacrifice to the spam gods.

I find myself wishing she would rest in piece every time one of my own teammates clobbers me on the back of the head with that fkin spear...

DefiledDragon
11-06-2018, 01:47 AM
I think the "fun" argument has some standing. Conq is a hero that should be changed based on this. Because his kit design is poor. You have to play him in a boring and unfun way. And fighting an optimal conq isn't fun to deal with.

Where as I think fun doesn't have an argument with the wu-lin heros. Because all of them are actually designed rather well (if you look at them in a vacuum.) It's that a lot of other heros don't have the basic needs to be in a decent spot. Where as the wu-lin do. (heavy attack on GB, dodge attacks, decent follow up attack speed/soft feints.) Dodge attacks and heavies on GB are absolutely needed. and there are heros that don't have both.

Yeah, if you're having fun it's much easier to forgive some imbalance between characters but when they're a one trick spam machine it's another story. The limited characters that are overly reliant on one or two moves need to be redesigned, as unpopular as that might be initially I feel it would benefit the game long term by removing or at least alleviating some of the frustration felt by players when facing certain characters.

Knight_Raime
11-06-2018, 02:43 AM
Yeah, if you're having fun it's much easier to forgive some imbalance between characters but when they're a one trick spam machine it's another story. The limited characters that are overly reliant on one or two moves need to be redesigned, as unpopular as that might be initially I feel it would benefit the game long term by removing or at least alleviating some of the frustration felt by players when facing certain characters.

I pretty much agree. Sad thing is that would mean about half of the original cast alone would need to get a practically new kit. Something I don't see the devs doing.
Also another point that's a sign of bad design is when one method of playing the hero over shadows the rest of the kit due to how easy/rewarding it is.

Easiest example I can give is Nuxia. her traps and how her kit weaves together are both very good. But because the average player can get away with her triple light combo to some success it over shadows her kit. This doesn't mean I think she needs nerfing. Or that she needs a kit rebalance. It's just an obvious blemish to her design.

The opposite can be said of Tiandi. While he has easy access to 400ms lights they're chain finishers. and the rest of his kit is designed in such a way that it's not something he has to overly rely on. Tiandi is probably one of the most well rounded kit's they've ever made. And despite the short comings of the other wu-lin heros i'm glad that it seems they can actually design decent kits. After going through the season pass roster I was pretty convinced they hadn't learned how to make heros better in a smart/functional/well designed way.

DefiledDragon
11-06-2018, 03:40 AM
I pretty much agree. Sad thing is that would mean about half of the original cast alone would need to get a practically new kit. Something I don't see the devs doing.
Also another point that's a sign of bad design is when one method of playing the hero over shadows the rest of the kit due to how easy/rewarding it is.

Easiest example I can give is Nuxia. her traps and how her kit weaves together are both very good. But because the average player can get away with her triple light combo to some success it over shadows her kit. This doesn't mean I think she needs nerfing. Or that she needs a kit rebalance. It's just an obvious blemish to her design.

The opposite can be said of Tiandi. While he has easy access to 400ms lights they're chain finishers. and the rest of his kit is designed in such a way that it's not something he has to overly rely on. Tiandi is probably one of the most well rounded kit's they've ever made. And despite the short comings of the other wu-lin heros i'm glad that it seems they can actually design decent kits. After going through the season pass roster I was pretty convinced they hadn't learned how to make heros better in a smart/functional/well designed way.

Yeah I think it's safe to say that's definitely not going to happen sadly, but you never know. The Wu Lin are so well put together that they make some of the original cast look like they've only got one arm so here's hoping the designers recognise that and address it at some point in the future.

I haven't even tried Nuxia yet to be honest as I'm not a fan of hook swords and I tend to choose my characters based on aesthetics but her trap mechanic still concerns me. I did read your extensive early write up on her kit and it was interesting but I'm still concerned that her traps will either be too reactable and therefore useless, or not reactable at all and therefore OP, given that they completely nullify your opponents defence. They're an interesting take on opening up a turtle I'll say that, but as a mechanic it looks very difficult to balance to me, but we'll see.

Blitzwarrior771
11-06-2018, 03:49 AM
Is not the heroís itís damn cheaters . Im gonna quit game after game **** this **** and auto block .

Velentix
11-06-2018, 04:22 AM
Yeah I think it's safe to say that's definitely not going to happen sadly, but you never know. The Wu Lin are so well put together that they make some of the original cast look like they've only got one arm so here's hoping the designers recognise that and address it at some point in the future.

I haven't even tried Nuxia yet to be honest as I'm not a fan of hook swords and I tend to choose my characters based on aesthetics but her trap mechanic still concerns me. I did read your extensive early write up on her kit and it was interesting but I'm still concerned that her traps will either be too reactable and therefore useless, or not reactable at all and therefore OP, given that they completely nullify your opponents defence. They're an interesting take on opening up a turtle I'll say that, but as a mechanic it looks very difficult to balance to me, but we'll see.

the only problem I have with Nuxia is how cancerous her trap mechanic is when she is ganking. one thing I think might actually in 4v4 balance is less time spent on the floor, with how much faster they keep making attacks, you can take a disgusting amount of damage on the ground.

DefiledDragon
11-06-2018, 01:53 PM
the only problem I have with Nuxia is how cancerous her trap mechanic is when she is ganking. one thing I think might actually in 4v4 balance is less time spent on the floor, with how much faster they keep making attacks, you can take a disgusting amount of damage on the ground.

I thought her trap mechanic wasn't supposed to trigger if you are blocking externally?