PDA

View Full Version : how we can defend from Nuxia new sys?

matt89connor
11-05-2018, 03:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osS_U3QV_UU

i want to show you here my video when i try myself to defend from her combos of traps...i have serious problem vs her...pls help me and sorry for my bad eng and little problem with microphone in this video.

Goat_of_Vermund
11-05-2018, 03:59 PM
If she throws a trap, it will beat:

-blocks
-parries
-deflects and superior dodges
-superior blocks
-superior lights and heavies

If you do anything else, it will phase through you and likely hit her. Changing guard, throwing an attack, dodging, guardbreaking and possibly hidden stance-like moves beat it. Mostly throwing a light is the safest response.

matt89connor
11-05-2018, 04:11 PM

-blocks
-parries
-superior blocks

If you do anything else, it will phase through you and likely hit her. Changing guard, throwing an attack, dodging, guardbreaking and possibly hidden stance-like moves beat it. Mostly throwing a light is the safest response.

thank you sir, but when i am on OOS and she do pressure on me, how i can defend myself?

Blitzwarrior771
11-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Turn your back and run

Roseguard_Cpt
11-05-2018, 04:22 PM
Nuxia relies on you having your guard up. This means even while OOS it is easy to counter by;
-Unlocking
-Emoting
-GB
-Switch Stance
-If you have reflex guard, let it run out

Goat_of_Vermund
11-05-2018, 05:02 PM
If you have to choose, prioritize by counting what will you lose. First heavy is 30, second is 35, traps are 30. Play the 50/50, by throwing gbs if you wait a trap, and blocking if you wait a heavy. However, you should never risk combo finishers for 40 damage+throw into an other 30 hit you. Give them that 30 health if they trap you. Zones deal way less damage than zone traps, throw a guardbreak if they zone you.
If you want to parry or light, keep in mind that they can hardfeint and parry you, for about 65 damage, and lights will be beaten by heavies, parries by traps, it's not a really good idea to risk so much for so little.
Dodging beats both options. What it doesn't beat is the hardfeint into guardbreak for way more damage, but dodge sometimes, especially on low health.

A highlander is probably way worse if you are exhausted.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-05-2018, 05:05 PM
I don't think Nuxia's Mirror Raid does 65 damage, it does around 20-30 in my experience playing her

Goat_of_Vermund
11-05-2018, 06:31 PM
If you are parried to the ground, lhl guaranteed.

Knight_Raime
11-05-2018, 10:52 PM

-blocks
-parries
-superior blocks

This is good to know on what it works on. But let me tell you how to counter.

If you unlock/emote/switch your guard away her trap whiffs. If it does and she knows it's going to whiff she'll throw a buffered light. which is basically like reacting to a 600ms attack. Should be easy to deal with. If she waits to see what you do after she whiffs just guard break. She can't beat that.

Once you've gotten used to noticing her trap icon you can simply throw a light into it on reaction. She can't counter that. You can also throw a heavy at light parry timing (if you have a fast heavy) and accomplish the same thing. You can still technically use superior lights to light her out of it. You just need to delay that a little. Zone option select can work as well as long as you again try to hit on light parry timing.

When you're OOS the only thing you really can do is unlock/switch away and then try to block her follow up light. The only problem here is that since you're OOS she can expect that you won't be attacking/gbing and just looking to block. So she'll just delay her follow up after whiff making it unreactable. You can technically still light her out of it with 500ms lights. But the timing is stricter than when you're not oos. I personally wouldn't recommend that.