PDA

View Full Version : I NEED to disable the skeleton swap for the soldiers, they ruin the game for me.

Lezalian_Knight
11-04-2018, 03:05 AM
As title says.

My favorite part of For Honor is the atmosphere, no game comes close to recreating the feel of the medieval battefield like FH, but this crappy skeleton swap effectively and completely destroys the atmosphere, such a waste. I can't play the game with that thing on, I need to know how to disable it.

TIA

Chobbsy99
11-04-2018, 03:09 AM
Itís gone at the end of the week anyway. Itís just a bit of Halloween fun. If it really bothers you, play duel and brawl until then.

EvoX.
11-04-2018, 04:06 AM
Don't hate on the skelly bros.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-04-2018, 05:45 AM
I like the skeletons...they have better detail.

UbiInsulin
11-04-2018, 07:31 PM
As title says.

My favorite part of For Honor is the atmosphere, no game comes close to recreating the feel of the medieval battefield like FH, but this crappy skeleton swap effectively and completely destroys the atmosphere, such a waste. I can't play the game with that thing on, I need to know how to disable it.

TIA

It'll be gone in a little while, it's just a seasonal event. Except there's a skeleton inside of normal minions too, so really there will always be skeletons if you think about it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/THlB4bsoSA0Cc/giphy.gif

Tundra 793
11-04-2018, 07:57 PM
As title says.

TIA

For Honor at this point in time, rarely if ever resembles anything close to a medieval battlefield. Between the newer flashy armor and weapon pieces, effects and emote spam, the game is just silly swordplay.
If you want something more realistic, games like Chivalry or Kingdom Come: Deliverance delivers that a hundred timers better than For Honor does.

But fair warnin', the minions are going to get swapped out for some events from time to time, like the Christmas event which shouldn't be too far off now. It ain't skeletons again though.

Illyrian_King
11-04-2018, 08:59 PM
For Honor at this point in time, rarely if ever resembles anything close to a medieval battlefield. Between the newer flashy armor and weapon pieces, effects and emote spam, the game is just silly swordplay.
If you want something more realistic, games like Chivalry or Kingdom Come: Deliverance delivers that a hundred timers better than For Honor does.

But fair warnin', the minions are going to get swapped out for some events from time to time, like the Christmas event which shouldn't be too far off now. It ain't skeletons again though.

It's really a point in here ...

The devs should really come down from this meme trip and bring some realism back in.

bannex19
11-04-2018, 11:19 PM
I hate them too but I also understand it's for an event. Unfortunately instead of making them in cool horror fashion they made them stupid and cheesy. The game was clearly developed by one team and made by another.

Next we'll see cat people, maid costumes and big anime eyes. Also since Roman wants to destroy this game they should make an execution where you're forced to listen to him speak english for 45 min.

Lezalian_Knight
11-05-2018, 12:02 AM
I still think it would be good to have an option to disable this kind of thing, While I do appreciate Ubisof does something to commemorate the holidays, I don't like the skeletons forced into my game.

Sucks I will have to wait so many days to be able to enjoy the game again.

Tundra 793
11-05-2018, 06:47 AM
It's really a point in here ...

The devs should really come down from this meme trip and bring some realism back in.

I agree. For Honor sold me on a gritty, just somewhat realistic medieval fighter. I'd make, and have made, countless concessions to enjoy the game, but the whole thing went off the rails for me a long, long time ago.

SnizzyWizzy
11-05-2018, 07:00 AM
what a clever for honor guy... inside us! i bet those guys don't actually have skeletons inside them if u took the model apart! :D

but i like the skeletons in the game!!

Wondertainment
11-05-2018, 09:38 AM
It'll be gone in a little while, it's just a seasonal event. Except there's a skeleton inside of normal minions too, so really there will always be skeletons if you think about it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/THlB4bsoSA0Cc/giphy.gif

Ruining the look of the game and responding with a meme when people voice their dissatisfaction

SangLong524
11-05-2018, 09:41 AM
it's the spirit of the event. Beside looking weird, it doesn't affect damage or anything, does it?
My only complaint is: Why are there no skeleton officers?!!!

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-05-2018, 10:44 AM
it's the spirit of the event. Beside looking weird, it doesn't affect damage or anything, does it?
My only complaint is: Why are there no skeleton officers?!!!

They just regurgitated the skeletons from last year. I was hoping for zombies this year. I don't really care for realism as much as no cartoon graphics so the skeletons this year were kinda stupid with the cowboy and villian motif.
I bought the jack-o-lantern emo cuz it looks cool and fun but doesn't ruin the game play spirit imo.

I hope Christmas will have elves as minions and have Christmas lights up everywhere.

Illyrian_King
11-05-2018, 11:29 AM
I agree. For Honor sold me on a gritty, just somewhat realistic medieval fighter. I'd make, and have made, countless concessions to enjoy the game, but the whole thing went off the rails for me a long, long time ago.

It was always advertised as a medieval fighter with that slight "what if ..." of an alternate history.

I still remember, when the devs announced cuszomizable effects, and the whole Community had an outrage because of that ... the devs still implemented it.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-05-2018, 05:25 PM
For those who seem to be confused;
For Honor is not a medieval fighter, it is a fantasy fighter.
We have dual blades catching Clubs and Pole Axes
Literal Magic with Shaolin
Being fat gives you the ability to better tank than Platemail

This isn't me bashing the game, but people keep saying this game is gritty medieval fighting game, or that they want it to be that, and For Honor simply is not. You'll enjoy it more the less seriously you take it.
Also, its a holiday minion, its not here forever, we'll live, except in Endless March. There the Skeleminions rule

Tundra 793
11-05-2018, 08:06 PM
For those who seem to be confused;
For Honor is not a medieval fighter, it is a fantasy fighter.
We have dual blades catching Clubs and Pole Axes
Literal Magic with Shaolin
Being fat gives you the ability to better tank than Platemail

This isn't me bashing the game, but people keep saying this game is gritty medieval fighting game, or that they want it to be that, and For Honor simply is not. You'll enjoy it more the less seriously you take it.
Also, its a holiday minion, its not here forever, we'll live, except in Endless March. There the Skeleminions rule

I can't speak for the rest, but when I called the game gritty, I was largely referring to, as I believe others were, the pre-release trailers and showcases or even the game in Season 1. All of which depict the game in a much more grounded and gritty style than what you'll actually see in game right now.
Even the Marching Fire cinematic trailer maintains the same style as earlier trailers, but any Dominion game you jump into, there's going to be screaming Monks teleporting at you, Knights throwing bombs everywhere and the odd Conqueror standing somewhere visible, dry humping the air with loud declarations of enthusiasm whilst spontaneously combusting.

For some players, what we have now is a pretty far cry from what we were shown over a year ago.