PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Honor

Skillet_Head
11-04-2018, 02:10 AM
Cause this game needs to be renamed this. When my LB is being bullied and I don't even get to see all the hit indicators, it almost feels like LB has no business being in the battlefield. What does everyone else think about the state of the game?

DefiledDragon
11-04-2018, 02:30 AM
Speed is definitely the new META as far as offense goes methinks. Yes, there are other options that are utilised at the highest level, but 99% of the players don't play at the highest level and likely have no interest in doing so. I don't object to competitive play, far from it, but a game has to be accessible to casual players if it is to survive and become a staple and when so many players are saying that they feel like their favourite characters are woefully inadequate in the face of the super-fast, very versatile DLC characters then there's a problem.

There will always be an element of the community that urge players to "git gud" and this is indeed a solid option for those inclined to pursue the highest levels of play, but for the rest of the playerbase who just want to chill and chop a few heads off it's not really an option.

I firmly believe that the game will never be balanced at any level, but for casual players there are certain picks that require extremely low effort to be successful. Ubisoft really need to switch their focus from the highest levels of play because I believe it's leading them down the wrong path. You need a solid foundation if you wish to build a competitive game and For Honor doesn't have that in my opinion. If they don't correct the fundamental flaws in the game they will never achieve the sweet spot that other competitive fighters have achieved.

papa_joseph1
11-04-2018, 02:36 AM
It's because the Devs don't understand half measures, Law Bringer was nerfed into the floor when he lost his gear, going to be honest he's not a good pick anymore because he spends most of the game exhausted, his openers are easily dodged and you have to hope they are dumb enough to allow you to shove off the block.

What they should have done is left LB at his max Exhaustion recovery, twice as fast as stock [This is how i ran mine when i had gear stats] and he's much more viable, he's not a defenseless giant for 10 seconds like he is now.

Plus they need to fix his hitboxes for his unblockable swing, it simply does not work, the pole axe is the longest weapon in the game, towering at an in game 8+ feet tall, yet if somebody side dodges when the swing is going out the axe head will just phase right though them.

Not sure if this is intentional to give heroes like Orachi and Kensai a fighting chance against him before the Marching Nerf update, or just bad oversight, either way it makes it that any character that can side step evade your punisher off the top attack shove combo, making LB's damage output kinda crap.

TLDR Law Bringer is extra broke right now, devs don't know how to fix it, marching fire broke the game's hero balance, light spam and movement is the new meta, you are nerfing yourself if you play any other heavy then Conq.

iadvisoryi
11-04-2018, 04:50 AM
Anybody who agrees with this thread is wrong on so many levels. For starters characters have counter picks, now that that is out of the way, the top 3 characters in the entire game aren't assassin's (dual). Warden, conq, JJ. Imo. Shaman and zerker are the only assassin's sitting top tier, the rest of the top tier cast like tiandi, Shaolin, glad, kensei are above 80% of assassin's. And for 4v4s I'd say shaman, zerker, nuxia, are the only optimal ones to use.

MarshalMoriarty
11-04-2018, 07:59 AM
Its more that light spam, 400ms attacks and feints etc are so obnoxiously omnipresent now. It was already bad before MF, but now even non assassins like Shaolin and Tiandi are getting in on the act. Assassins are just as irritating as ever but now their most annoying traits are migrating to other classes (super speed, dodge attacks etc) the problem has gone beyond being that of 1 broken, cancerous class.

The contagion is now spreading everywhere and with the perks system doing nothing at all to discourage such brainless play it will just get worse and worse and worse until Ubi finally accepts how spectacularly wrong they are about this issue.

Knight_Raime
11-04-2018, 08:10 AM
According to the competitive reddit's tier list (which is a generally accepted tier list made by people who always place high/win tournaments) only two assassins are S tier in duels. None are for brawl. and only one for 4v4. So no. Assassins are not blatently the best class. (pretty sure glad won't be S tier anymore now that they nerfed his zone. which was his only reason for being S tier in duels to begin with.)

Goat_of_Vermund
11-04-2018, 08:19 AM
Sorry, but assassins are weaker now than ever. If you can't defeat a peacekeeper as lawbringer with your eyes closed, you do something horribly wrong (basically as easy as defeating a lawbringer with a conqueror). Orochi is almost as easy, you can answer all his tools with a block shove. Shinobies can be annoying, but they have only one tool, a very slow kick that is not punishable, the lights are easily punishable, if you play patiently, you win with a far higher healthbar. Nuxia is probably among the most balanced characters, the only thing you can't shove are the traps, and those are shut down by top lights (even the longarm might be guaranteed if you read correctly, which is the thing lawbringers must do). Zerker can be shoved back, though he is broken enough even without his chains, he is still managable. The gladiator can zone you to death if he wants, but that will be nerfed soon. Shaman is possibly the worst one as lawbringer, and the reason is not lightspam. The reason is she has bashes that the lawbringer can't punish at all.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Slow character classes should still be allowed to GB from parry and be buffed back to their formal glory at least until they get reworked.

Skillet_Head
11-04-2018, 09:24 AM
A lot of people make great points. From a duel stand point, I completely agree with a lot of the statements. But I used to wreck in 4v4's with Lawdaddy. All I see are assassins, when I get ganked I normally hold my ground well cause I could see the hit indicators...now not so much, it is a mess. So much quick bashing as well.

I don't even feel Tiandi is a true Vanguard, I know many will disagree with me, but imo he feels more like an assassin. Being kicked to what feels like 100 yards away when you are being pummled by somebody else and then two assassins maul you like rabid dogs. He feels wonky to play but when a good player plays him, he can wreck you quicker than any warden or Kensei I ever played against. It feels a bit hopeless haha I just tend to see assassin's everywhere now which led to the feeling of the title.

iadvisoryi
11-05-2018, 03:23 AM
Slow character classes should still be allowed to GB from parry and be buffed back to their formal glory at least until they get reworked.

No. Grab meta was the worst stage the game has ever been in, made me and so many others quit. It wasn't skill, it was a ledge game. Nobody should get punished that heavily for attacking. No no no no.