PDA

View Full Version : For Honor - State of Console Balance - Best it has ever been?

Herbstlicht
11-03-2018, 09:57 PM
This is not a joke thread. And I do know that I consider JJ rather overpowered in team games still. But overall, aside from some exceptions, a large part of the roster has become very viable. The game is harder to react to, but that is something that now is a thing for a lot of the cast. It feels fast and unforgiving, almost like an oldschool fighter. There are still issues and some are more or less related to the general system and some "special cases". Like why does cent knock you down even though you are in revenge? But as said, in general, its ok. The new heroes fit in nicely. Its impossible (except for JJ) to continiouusly spam fast attacks because their chains are rather short. Well, Nixua is somewhat spammy, but wouldnt consider her op. The damage values seem ok as well.
Might be just something that only I see this way, but .. maybe others think the same way?

SixAxe505
11-04-2018, 12:10 AM
The reason you feel this way is because most people are playing characters that are reworked or the wu-lin; who for the most part have access to speed, unblockables, and dodge attacks. This is an integral part of mix-ups, punishes and high level game play. The ceiling is pretty low due to the nature of the game, but is even lower for characters who do not have the tools stated above. This is what Ubisoft needs to address and rather speedily if I do say so myself. Of course we will be getting more stuff for the wu-lin and breach, but we also need to get the rest of the cast up to par. Preferably before 2019.

Knight_Raime
11-04-2018, 08:04 AM
I mean if you're not someone who reeee's at anything faster than 600ms attacks or collapses at anything that's not as straight forward as a kids coloring book then yes.
But the general player would rather blame the game than themselves.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-04-2018, 08:38 AM
I'm fine with the new characters and I play shugoki. What I dislike is some characters I can't gb out of spam like val even if I time it perfectly. Also the fact that hits are going through blocks needs to be fixed. I agree that since everyone is spam now the state of balance is closer which logically makes sense. I disagree with the state of for honor and where it's going but whatever I still enjoy breach. Kd isn't as important as objectives. But the new characters can spam easily to...especially Shaolin.
I do like not having grear as it makes Shugoki's stamina burn much more viable. I do very much wish he didn't take heavy damage for everything he does and burn through all his stamina so quickly.... Compared to JJ....he needs a stance to.
The transportation on an assassin class was not needed especially since the block isn't working correctly.

Mia.Nora
11-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Entirely depends on how you define 'Balanced'.

If it means all characters in the game can be dealt with, then it was always somewhat balanced with certain exceptions like pre kick nerf shinobi, or gank from two 2S centurions.

If it means all characters in the rooster being on the same level in terms of kit usefulness, it is not. There is a bunch of viable characters who are more or less close to each other, and there is another bunch that simply requires its player to work harder compared to first group, due to lack of tools.

For those sticking to viable characters only, I guess game might seem somewhat balanced.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-04-2018, 10:56 AM
I would not say it's balanced but it is more balanced now than it was since there are more viable characters.

Herbstlicht
11-04-2018, 11:35 AM
I would not say it's balanced but it is more balanced now than it was since there are more viable characters.

Pretty much this. And I, too, stated that some still need some buffs (and others nerfs). The more I play this game, the more it feels like it really is at home in teamgames. So there it needs feel best. That does not exclude 1on1 balance. But I guess as long as teamgames feel good, it's all right.

And do I stick to viable characters only? Mostly. On console, Aramusha is still viable I guess? Nobushi, I dunno. She lacks behind for sure. But has a niche in breach. In the end, I don't care too much as long as I do have fun. And MMR adjusts if you play with bad heroes. You might have a bad day or two, but then it's back to normal. If you switch to some SSS hero afterwards, you can enjoy being God for a few games.

David_gorda
11-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Nah its the Worst it ever Been. Wulin heroes are all very strong, aswell as berserker, Warden conquerer. Then have several heroes who are not viable in 1vs1 like Raider, lawbringer, shugoki, aramusha etc.

Knight_Raime
11-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Nah its the Worst it ever Been. Wulin heroes are all very strong, aswell as berserker, Warden conquerer. Then have several heroes who are not viable in 1vs1 like Raider, lawbringer, shugoki, aramusha etc.

If we look at season 1 there were only really 3 viable heros. PK, warlord, and warden.

If we look at the current season everyone is viable. Sans 2 heros. Shugoki and aramusha.
Raider and lawbringer are both more than viable in 4's.

So no. The roster balance in terms of viability is the best it's ever been.
That doesn't also mean balance as a whole or betwen subsets of heros is fine.

Blitzwarrior771
11-05-2018, 12:48 AM
Aramusha and orochi fix these first so we can talk .