PDA

View Full Version : decisions-decisions

boogie_man_518
07-09-2010, 02:26 PM
hi guys, new to this board and just started flying again. Question is I had that 3 pack that came with pacific fighters, lock on and the 1st version of IL-2 (2001). All are patched to current date. I d/l Hyper and got it working only to see old IL2 and PF not really used online. Question is which IL2 should I look to purchase? The 1946 or FB...any help would be great.

Boogie

boogie_man_518
07-09-2010, 02:26 PM
hi guys, new to this board and just started flying again. Question is I had that 3 pack that came with pacific fighters, lock on and the 1st version of IL-2 (2001). All are patched to current date. I d/l Hyper and got it working only to see old IL2 and PF not really used online. Question is which IL2 should I look to purchase? The 1946 or FB...any help would be great.

Boogie

Waldo.Pepper
07-09-2010, 02:32 PM
My turn guys.

Easiest decision of the week for you boogieman.

1946 is a no brainer. (like most politicians.)

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Yep, 1946 is the current and complete version.

Xiolablu3
07-09-2010, 04:15 PM
For anyone wondering which version of IL2 to buy

IL2-1946 is the ONLY complete edition which players should buy if they are looking to play online.

Obviously other packs like the 'complete edition' cause confusion as they are not complete. Whoever thought up the name for that pack should be shot.

Waldo.Pepper
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Whoever thought up the name for that pack should be shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little harsh for a moderator eh? Still if you are forming a firing squad I'm available.

Choctaw111
07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Whoever thought up the name for that pack should be shot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little harsh for a moderator eh? Still if you are forming a firing squad I'm available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Hello Boggie-Man and welcome.

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Well, in all fairness when it came out it was complete and there was all indication that would be the end of il2 development, then the Russia only expansions made it to the rest of the market. Now whoever continued to ship and sell the older versions after 1946 DVD came out, they should be shot.

K_Freddie
07-10-2010, 01:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choctaw111:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:

A little harsh for a moderator eh? Still if you are forming a firing squad I'm available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh Yeah.. I love a good shooting party (I'll bring a baseball bat just to make 'sure')

Oh there's a new guy, Hey Welcome!!
We're actually very decent and passive over here , hug trees everyday, and love furry things (usually tottie) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

boogie_man_518
07-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey thanks for the kind words guys, see you soon in HL......