PDA

View Full Version : is it posible to keep the slipball centered while turning on the horizontal?

raaaid
03-23-2008, 12:00 PM
ive tried but i cant

raaaid
03-23-2008, 12:00 PM
ive tried but i cant

Haigotron
03-23-2008, 12:10 PM
use crazy glue, the ******* won't move

MEGILE
03-23-2008, 12:17 PM
rudder?

general_kalle
03-23-2008, 12:32 PM
no its impassible to keep Slipball centered. he's so strong left oriented its crazy.

but i guss you shouldn't manipulate people's Political orientation. we've got free democrazy after all.

dont bother trying to manipulate slipball he'll stay where he is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Warrington_Wolf
03-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Just a bit of advice, try harder.

M_Gunz
03-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Check your rudder calibration and please if you're using keyboard or an X-45 rocker just say so.

Other than that, if the ball is to right of center then turn the rudder right just enough to
bring the ball back to center.

It can be done in Spitfires (slip needle instead of ball), it can be done for all.

Charos
03-23-2008, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:
ive tried but i cant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Probably because its in the very name of the turn your attempting to execute.

Slip Turn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slip_turn)

raaaid
03-23-2008, 04:14 PM
already achieved it, not much improvement though

Redwulf 32 - Nis
03-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Raaaid, you're getting non-serious answers.

Turn using your ailerons, not your rudder. You're flying an airplane, not sailing a ship. Use the rudder to keep the ball in the middle, i.e. if your turning left and the ball slips inwards (left), kick left rudder that'll bring it toward the center. Your nose will drop though, add a tad of up elevator to compensate. This is the way it works in real life and also in the game. Practice makes perfect.

Hope this helps

M_Gunz
03-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I wonder if there's a Spanish translation of "Stick and Rudder"?

mortoma
03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I ignore the slip ball during combat and use the rudder by feel. Not that you can really feel anything but you can get a sense of what the nose is doing in relationship the the rest of the plane. If I'm in a plane that has a turn and slip indicator that can be seen in the normal view without scrolling down, I will look at it. Otherwise I just use the rudder by instinct to get the result I want.

Charos
03-23-2008, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Redwulf 32 - Nis:
Raaaid, you're getting non-serious answers.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raaaid specifically asked about Horizontal turns which do not require the use of ailerons - and which by their nature involve the use of slip, on the other hand a "banked-turn" which is not executed in the horizontal plane does utilise ailerons and is preferably executed without slip/drift.

M_Gunz
03-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm........

Horizontal turn does not mean wings have to be flat just a "flat turn" does not.

Yaw Turn, OTOH.........

Charos
03-24-2008, 12:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm........

Horizontal turn does not mean wings have to be flat just a "flat turn" does not.

Yaw Turn, OTOH......... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Horizontal (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/horizontal)
horizontal (hr-zntl, hr-)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or near the horizon.
a. Parallel to or in the plane of the horizon.
b. At right angles to a vertical line.
3. Occupying or restricted to the same level in a hierarchy: a horizontal study of verbal ability; a horizontal transfer by an employee.
n.
Something, such as a line, plane, or object, that is horizontal.

I agree that in both turns the AC executes a turn in the hoizontal but only in the flat/yaw turn is the AC horizontal on roll axis.

In the Banked/Coordinated turn the Roll axis is now some angle with respect to the Horizontal.

slipBall
03-24-2008, 02:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by general_kalle:
no its impassible to keep Slipball centered. he's so strong left oriented its crazy.

but i guss you shouldn't manipulate people's Political orientation. we've got free democrazy after all.

dont bother trying to manipulate slipball he'll stay where he is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slipball leans hard right! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

M_Gunz
03-24-2008, 03:06 AM
As long as the altitude of the turn stays the same.........

Some people call a wings flat turn a flat turn and others say wings flat and others say yaw.
best to be clear and prevent confusion, talk to pilots and Webster was not a pilot.

Warrington_Wolf
03-24-2008, 11:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
I ignore the slip ball during combat and use the rudder by feel. Not that you can really feel anything but you can get a sense of what the nose is doing in relationship the the rest of the plane. If I'm in a plane that has a turn and slip indicator that can be seen in the normal view without scrolling down, I will look at it. Otherwise I just use the rudder by instinct to get the result I want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I tend to do the same thing when I'm in a fighter but I will pay a little more attention if I'm in a ground attack aircraft like an IL-2. If I'm in a twin engine bomber (Pe-2, He-111 or my fave the B-25) I will try to keep the ball in the centre, especially when I'm turning on to the bomb run and need to line myself up as near to the target as I can.
If you think that it is difficult in the sim, try it in real life.

buzzsaw1939
03-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Skid!... skid...skid!

M_Gunz
03-25-2008, 01:04 AM
It's like that trendy car race thing a while back they call drifting. You point one way but
you move outside of that.

It was big in the Fokker DrI's, it lets you swing your guns around faster than you can actually
turn your path.