PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody here use ZoomTracker with TrackIR?

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
I am giving ZoomTracker a try and have gotten it to work ok in 'Repeat Key' mode, sending the Numpad+ and Numpad- keys to zoon in and out.

But I cannot get it to work using the Key Sections mode.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
I am giving ZoomTracker a try and have gotten it to work ok in 'Repeat Key' mode, sending the Numpad+ and Numpad- keys to zoon in and out.

But I cannot get it to work using the Key Sections mode.

VMF-214_HaVoK
03-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Never heard of it. But you got me interested now.

S!

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-10-2008, 02:16 PM
ZoomTracker reads the Z axis movements from your TrackIR and sends zoom keystrokes that you can assign to the game. It has 2 modes.

Repeat Key: sends one key to increment zoom in steps for increasing the FOV, and another for decreasing the FOV.

Key Sections: This lets you assign specific keys to be sent for each specific zoom stage which should be more consistient for IL2.

I have been able to get the Repeat Key mode to work and it works ok. Like TrackIR it will take a little getting used to, but not too much.

You can Check it out here (http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showpost.php?s=d3defe81aa8cadaa62f02cbec726de9f&p=1022736&postcount=1).

BrotherVoodoo
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
That got me curious too but the zip seems to be corrupted.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I just downloaded it fine, and extracted it ok too.

Choctaw111
03-11-2008, 05:15 PM
ZoomTracker is AWESOME!!! For as long as I have had TrackIR (almost 5 years) I have only known about ZoomTracker for the last couple months.
You have me curious though. What is the difference between the "Repeat Key" mode and "Key Sections" mode?
I believe I am using the "Repeat Key" mode.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
See my post above.

Choctaw111
03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wild.Bill.Kelso:
See my post above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, ok. I have it set up like that already.

Haigotron
03-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Im still TiR4 deficient, but can someone post a video of what ZommTracker with TiR4 actually looks like in game...or better yet a ntrk? that would be most apreciated! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Here is a quick track. (http://www.mediafire.com/?vdyd9xcm1ml)

I have only been using this for about a day, so I'm no expert at it.

I have my Increase FOV and Decrease FOV keys setup to the Numpad +/- keys. So, when I move my head forward it press the Numpad Plus key a bunch of times. And it presses the Numpad Minus key when I move my head backwards. It actually lets you set the distance you have to move your head forward for each keystroke. In this track I am only moving my head about 3-4 inches forward and backward in total. And I have a key on my joystick to jump to Wide View, so I use that when I really want to get full wide view quicky. And that actually works pretty good. I'm going to keep using this for a while. I think it will work well.

Right now, it doesn't seem to let you zoom in when you look to the side even when you move your head forward. Can anybody else confirm or comment on that? I'm guessing it has more to do with TrackIR than ZoomTracker. But maybe I'll figure it out with more practice.

WTE_Ibis
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
It wont unzip for me either and the attachment wont open as well??

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-11-2008, 08:45 PM
My Firewall screwed it up. It's fixed now. Try it again....

Haigotron
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
hey wild bill,

thanks for the ntrk, it really gives it a new dimension (no pun intended), its a bit jerky, but I guess tweaking and practicing will fix that!

now...to invest in a TiR4

WTE_Ibis
03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
The ntrk is fine Wild Bill thanks, it is the zipfile from the link for the program,that says it's corrupted.

BrotherVoodoo has the same problem, something about can't find header.
I've searched the net but can't find another link.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-12-2008, 06:13 AM
My firewall has a problem with MediaFire's website. I have to disable my firewall to upload, and also to download it. If I don't disable my firewall to download the file, the site will name the file something like ZoomTracker_Demo.1.321C02.efw, however if I just rename that file to ZoomTracker_Demo.zip, it works fine.

Maybe your firewall has the same problem? Try disabling it just for a minute to download.

WBK