PDA

View Full Version : Tiandiís Dodges

Chobbsy99
11-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Are his dodges glitched? I seem to be hit out of his dodges more often than they dodge anything. Theyíre very inconsistent if not.

Ubiflowessence
11-03-2018, 12:26 AM
Hey Chobbsy99,

Can you go into detail as to what you are experiencing with Tiandi's dodges? Also, if you have any video showing his dodges, feel free to share those as well.

PepsiBeastin
11-03-2018, 12:41 AM
Hey Chobbsy99,

Can you go into detail as to what you are experiencing with Tiandi's dodges? Also, if you have any video showing his dodges, feel free to share those as well.

dodgy
no
worky

Chobbsy99
11-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Itís difficult to expand more on that to be honest, and I have no real way of capturing gameplay. From my experience, especially during the extended heavy attack dodge animation but also with the light attack dodges, enemies are able to land light attacks on me. The degree to which the Tiandi is vulnerable when dodging is very unclear and inconsistent.

I hope Iím not the only one seeing this. Anyone else have similar issues?

Thanks for the swift response though!

Morpheus256
11-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Both of his dodge attacks are crap. The heavy dodge attack is slow and people hit you out of it. The light dodge attack only has I-frames if you delay it which is a pain in the a** to do.

Lukynu
11-03-2018, 12:46 PM
I have same issue with him, i dont know if that was intended but i like to think it wasnt. His heavy attack dodges are nearly useless, way too slow and the ... dodge effect ends like halfway if someone attack me while im still doing the dodge after about halfway its like im not dodging anymore and get hit. Always, if his dodges were supposed to be kinda like those of kensei, they really dont work.
Either speed them up somewhat or make the part where you dont get hit last longer? I think the not getting hit part is the problem.

BarneyTheNoob
11-03-2018, 05:11 PM
I dont see it as bug, tiandi should have no attacks on dodge so its okay that he can be hit whil doing badly designed move

Velentix
11-03-2018, 09:43 PM
For me its usually on the second attack, usually a light I think, it just tracks right to me and knocks me out of my dodge heavy.

Knight_Raime
11-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Nope. They only have 300ms of I frames which is intended. The most of the dodging the move does is actually physically moving your hit box around.
dragon dodge is best used on read to single wide sweeping attacks. Or on reaction to bash based mix ups and thrust attacks. Using them to dodge general attacks in neutral fails you because they can follow up with a combo hit that meets your hit box.

If it could dodge in combo attacks rather easily then it would become a busted spammable move in 4v4. People need to use it situationally and not constantly from neutral.
It's not like his kit is lacking without it. he's very solid.

Lukynu
11-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Alright, that actually makes sense.
I kinda always found the heavy dodge being his somewhat of signature move. Dancing around the opponent, you know. Wish i could land the heavy attack more often. Seems youre supposed to never let it fly. A little disappointing. I want to do executions more often!
Kensei still feels like more of a dodge master, even tho thats in description of Tiandi. At least to causal like me.