PDA

View Full Version : weekly arcade is garbage!

OneEye2000
11-02-2018, 02:50 PM
I have played the weekly arcede challenge 6 time already and i have got only once the effect for warden.Can ubisoft pls fix the mode so when you complete it you GET THE REWARD!!!!!!NOT TO MENTION HOW DIFFICULT IT IS WITH SOME HEROS!!!

Roseguard_Cpt
11-02-2018, 02:59 PM
The Weekly Quest is similar to the Nightfall Strikes of Destiny. Hard and you're guaranteed a good reward on the first clear of the week. Any subsequent clears within the week do not have a guarantee of the effect.

OneEye2000
11-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Yes and it is garbage!I dont think that a mode that costed 29.99$ should be this bad.It is annoying,hard and repetitive.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-02-2018, 03:20 PM
Personally I quite like the challenge. While I was expecting an endless arena fight at first, I was fine with the system available. It's annoying and hard at times but not too repetitive for me.

Jazz117Volkov
11-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Yeah, arcade is insultingly bad. Classic bait and switch. Pay $30 for all the worst parts of the game in a blender, on repeat.

Vakris_One
11-02-2018, 04:25 PM
The Weekly Quest is similar to the Nightfall Strikes of Destiny. Hard and you're guaranteed a good reward on the first clear of the week. Any subsequent clears within the week do not have a guarantee of the effect.
Yeah but the Nightfall Strikes in Destiny were much more fun than this. You could bring different weapons that would help you out more. If I recall correctly Nightfalls had modifiers for using certain weapon elemental effects which gave you a good and fun reason to use and level up different guns as well as use different character elemental supers (I forget the names of them). You could also cue up in matchmaking to find random teammates if I recall correctly. All in all much better designed and much more fun than Arcade, which is a very bland mode where the optimal tactic is to turtle and cheese bots in a very small and confined map. It's got nothing on Destiny's Nightfall strikes imo.

Yeah, arcade is insultingly bad. Classic bait and switch. Pay $30 for all the worst parts of the game in a blender, on repeat.
I can't call it a clear bait and switch as they did show what it was beforehand but it is absolutely not worth $30/25. More like a $10/5 mini DLC. And yes, it showcases all of the worst parts of the game such as turtling, cheesing and bots who can read your button inputs thereby essentially cheating as it deletes feints and soft feints as an option, which feels nothing like fighting against a player. The RNG modifiers are a lazy way to create artificial difficulty instead of having the AI actually provide a challenge via switching up their tactics during the course of a fight and using things like max punishes and controlled aggression instead of mostly staring at you and being an impenetrable wall of inhumanly perfect parries.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-02-2018, 04:32 PM
For the Nightfall comparison you're right on all fronts but match making. Heroic strikes had matchmaking but Nightfall required a pre-made. Arcade has modifiers, perhaps not directly the same, but heavy knockdown gives incentive to use heavies, or if you're cheesy like me, nothing but heavies at just the right moments to infinite lock

DefiledDragon
11-02-2018, 04:34 PM
They so badly want to be Dark Souls.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-02-2018, 04:42 PM
At least each AI is individual in DS. The Hivemind AI is terrifying by comparison as it can work to keep you hit stunned

FlyinBeef
11-02-2018, 05:01 PM
They so badly want to be Dark Souls.
Dark Souls was hard, because enemies punished you for each mistake, but you could memorize all attacks of each boss and complete the game without wounds. Arcade in FH is just a very fat enemies with random moves you can't read, it is good for PvP, but it is very bad for PvE, you can't constantly avoid all damage by skill, because Shaman's and Kensei's unblockable feints just a fortune wheel, also there are often situationa, when one enemy gb you and other enemy hit you in this moment, just guaranteed damage.

DefiledDragon
11-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Dark Souls was hard, because enemies punished you for each mistake, but you could memorize all attacks of each boss and complete the game without wounds. Arcade in FH is just a very fat enemies with random moves you can't read, it is good for PvP, but it is very bad for PvE, you can't constantly avoid all damage by skill, because Shaman's and Kensei's unblockable feints just a fortune wheel, also there are often situationa, when one enemy gb you and other enemy hit you in this moment, just guaranteed damage.

I agree, with the exception that I don't believe guessing games are good PvP which should always be skill based, but other than that yeah, there's no comparison. I'm just saying that they want the rep like Dark Souls has. They clearly love DS and want to emulate it but they've missed the mark by miles. Dark Souls is hard. For Honor is cheap. There's a subtle but very important difference.

bannex19
11-02-2018, 05:36 PM
This is in no way similar to dark souls. They're not trying to be dark souls at all, they made a mode with very little effort and then cranked up the difficulty in order to hide the fact that its a lazy steaming pile of undeveloped feces.

This mode is alpha quality made by a team that lacks a director or any real passion for this game. The art team is still busting *** tho

Vakris_One
11-02-2018, 05:47 PM
For the Nightfall comparison you're right on all fronts but match making. Heroic strikes had matchmaking but Nightfall required a pre-made. Arcade has modifiers, perhaps not directly the same, but heavy knockdown gives incentive to use heavies, or if you're cheesy like me, nothing but heavies at just the right moments to infinite lock
True but Destiny's quest modifiers felt more balanced and challenging whereas Arcade's modifiers just feel cheap and artificial.

I agree, with the exception that I don't believe guessing games are good PvP which should always be skill based, but other than that yeah, there's no comparison. I'm just saying that they want the rep like Dark Souls has. They clearly love DS and want to emulate it but they've missed the mark by miles. Dark Souls is hard. For Honor is cheap. There's a subtle but very important difference.
A very apt observation. They mistook "cheap" to mean "difficult" and as such most of Arcade's problems stem from that backwards interpretation of "difficulty".

BarneyTheNoob
11-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Agreed the normal arcade was annoying enough and now the weekly arcade is straight up garbage with the most annoying enemies one could ever want to meet while 3 of them gang on you in small confined place with their ****ing overpowered skeleton minions, those who said its okay to give us such a garbage should be hanged and same with wu-lin

Helnekromancer
11-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Dude, I was only able to do it with Nobushi because she has wide range, side dash heavies, and good damage and when I did beat it my reward was one emote, we should get the complete set for the emote, for how insanely difficult it is to beat this. I have to sit in the corner as Nobushi and get pounded by Shamans, and kill them before the Kensei comes which is about 30seconds. I was also able to beat the quest because the Shamans would interrupt their bites. Which is 59 damage which is half my health, but that is all RNG whether or not they will interrupt the bite.

I can't get past the 3rd quest with PK and Valkyrie because I don't do enough damage to the two Shamans, before the Kensei comes. Also why is their minions on these quests who hit like trucks, even if I cleared them they spawned right back. When I was about to kill the Kensei as Valkyrie to finish the 3rd quest, several minions spawned on top of me and killed me. I nearly threw my controller at my screen.

Edit: Just completed it a second time with Nobushi, HOLY CRAP I didn't get an emote for that, why isn't that 100% guarantee. Do you really expect people to grind through this bullcrap?

SixAxe505
11-02-2018, 09:35 PM
I main shinobi...I know, I know, that's already a bad move, but like him. He, along with aramusha are my highest tier characters who can even attempt this weekly quest. The third area is absolutely full of $&@$! Skeletal minions from the event that hit harder than pikemen! 2 shamans that are pure cancer and keep you stunlocked with lighting jump attacks, unblockables, guardbreaks and one of them inflicts bleed on every hit no matter if you block it or not so you are getting bit regardless! If I had a static block they might not be as bad, or if I had hyper armor like berserker, but I don't! A stupid kensei that respawns, spams zones, feints, and dodge heavies...that put you on your @&$!!! To add insult to injury, they decide when they want to block or parry you if they feel like it. This is crap! Crap! Super Crap!!! The closest I have come to finishing the fight was sliding past the minions on the right, somehow holding off the assault, popping revenge and throwing their cheating butts of the map. Got both shamans, but then the kensei turtles me out and throws an unblockable top heavy that she always feinted until then!! So I get hit and die from the follow up! Literally tried it for over 2 hours! 2 HOURS!!! I should not have to play as another class that can potentially cheese the fight with their moveset to win! This is terrible balance and I have already stated in a previous post that these 3 on 1 fights are nigh impossible!! That holds true even against "trash" players, so of course with "psychic" bots it's even worse! Fights like these in enclosed areas, are cancer, seond only to the final fight with stone, the Highlander, and shinobi; as well as the two shamans in the fire pit with frequent mortar strikes always aimed at your position!!! I am not purchasing a single thing more from you until I see change. Not another expansion, not another steel pack. I can show you, better than I can tell you. This kind of horrendous game structure needs to be boycotted and banned. #revamp arcade!

Hormly
11-02-2018, 11:09 PM
It sure is more important for the game than balance is, however.

I hope more of devs time is put into it

SixAxe505
11-02-2018, 11:41 PM
I was very serious in my above post about not putting anymore capital into this game unless this is sorted, but here are the reasons why.

1. Fabricated Difficulty is Never the answer: Too many game devs, not just Ubi, thinks upping health values, reducing your damage and increasing damage against you makes the game more difficult. This is not true. It makes the game more difficult TO PLAY, not a strategic thing to overcome using your wits or whatever.

2. Enemy Spacing: Being forced into a multi-fight from the start of the battle instead of a consequence for overreaching your area is a poor choice for all modes, not just arcade.

3. Environmental Modifiers: Random catapult strikes, hordes of minions that do insane damage, blocking off areas that could be used to your advantage and the like is bad design, coupling it with a team of enemies that charge you by the time you make it to the minions is silly and dumb.

4. EXCLUSIVE rewards: Locking exclusive content behind a dlc was fine. Further locking it behind borderline impossible battle scenarios, when using certain characters, means you have no chance of getting the rewards for the characters you want. I bet using Jiang Jung makes that fight trivially easy, but using shinobi is akin to suicide. This leads into point 5.

5. Balance, in all things: Every character should have an equal standing and chance of success in a weekly quest. If you (the devs) can't beat the mode with every character then that should immediately drop a red flag on the balance of the mode towards all heroes!

6. Enabling/Disabling: No enemy NPC should have Modifiers that enable their kit. I am talking about a shaman or nobushi that inflicts bleed on every attack. Nor should they have modifiers that disable the player kit. I am talking about centurion not being able to stagger one of the shamans, therefore nerfing his damage overall.

7. Feats: We should have access to our feats in situations like the above. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't. If over time we unlocked our feats, then even with continuous losses we would have an edge and be able to actually do something.

Player Bonuses: the measly higher revenge gain modifier you get in this particular fight is not worth it. I got revenge faster when I had gear stats! That aside, the player(s) should receive a modifier for each enemy they have to fight+1.

Strategy: There should be a strategic way to win every battle scenario. Like killing an enemy via environment. Executing an enemy, activating something. Taking them down in a specific order, coming from a different angle, something! It should not just be dumped in the middle of every enemy with nothing to do but try to turtle against psychic, millisecond perfect npc's!!

#Balance Arcade

Ubiflowessence
11-03-2018, 12:15 AM
Thank you all for the honest feedback about Arcade and the weekly events! What are some features you guys would liked to have seen in Arcade?

DefiledDragon
11-03-2018, 12:21 AM
Thank you all for the honest feedback about Arcade and the weekly events! What are some features you guys would liked to have seen in Arcade?

Well, as a baseline I would say that it needs to be doable by the entire roster. I'm not saying it should be a cakewalk, but it needs to be doable. You might also want to bear in mind that not everybody who plays FH is a gnat with reflexes to match and that you should probably offer some kind of difficulty option so that all players have a chance of dropping the exclusive loot, even if they're not godlike. Unless of course the exclusive loot is supposed to be akin to bragging rights regarding your level of skill, in which case fair enough but the entire roster should be viable, not just one or two heroes.

Wookiescantfly
11-03-2018, 12:51 AM

Honestly if you guys would just playtest the content in house prior to release, that would solve 99.99% of everyones' problems right now. If you would kindly pass this request along to the fight team it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Helnekromancer
11-03-2018, 01:12 AM

I had to complete the weekly quest 5 times with Nobushi to unlock everything. If you are going to make these quest this hard there needs to be a 100% drop rate. I completed it the 4th time and got 2 piece of regular gear. That's insane.

Also you need to remove the minions or at least make them not hit like trucks and not respawn. They do about 10-15 damage a swing. I had to fight in a corner.

Make the quest doable for all Heroes, I only managed to complete this with Nobushi, because she has a side dash heavy, wide swings, and decent damage and switching targets while mashing side dash heavies, no other Hero can do that. I can't even get pass the 3rd trial with PK and Valkyrie, I've been trying to for awhile with them but it's impossible because they don't do enough damage.

This trial wouldn't be that hard for co-op but I'm doing this by myself, it needs to be toned down for solo. If you are going to throw 3 Opponents at us at ,least removed the herd of the buffed minions. You have little room to work with and it's suffocating, trying to fight 2 Shamans let alone 3 at the end.

Edit: The game also starts to lag/jitter when both Shamans are spamming their zone attacks at me.

bannex19
11-03-2018, 01:52 AM

Honest feedback? Have at least 1 dev recognize that the responses you post actually make it to the team by quoting a specific post and providing an answer.

As far as arcade... try actually creating an enjoyable but challenging experience instead of what another poster referred to as fabricated difficulty. If I could make this game I would but sadly how to approach ai in a way to make it challenging and fun is on you guys. This is clearly not fun.

Jazz117Volkov
11-04-2018, 04:18 AM
Thank you all for the honest feedback about Arcade and the weekly events! What are some features you guys would liked to have seen in Arcade? It shouldn't have been based on an Arcade. The name, if I'm not mistaken, refers to the typical mode found in 2D fighters. However, For Honor already has an equivalent; player duel and find new opponent after each match.

Several factors that cripple For Honors Arcade mode are: load times, the AI, random modifiers. The latter-most seems like a good idea, but taking away player control is always frustrating. The problem with the AI isn't that it can't fight, the problem is that it's designed to replace a human in PvP, it's not designed to be fun, therefore the entire premise of a "fun" PvE mode is taken off at the knees before we've even started. And lastly, the first issue is simple the disproportionate amount of time you spend in a load screen. It can be upwards of 30 seconds with nothing happening. Typical 2D fighting games have much better load times, and the intervals are offset by the number of rounds per fight. You might do 3 or 4 rounds against your opponent before moving on, and by that time you'll welcome the chance to get your breath. In For Honor, one win = load screen, and the fights are so poorly conceived that if they're not frustratingly difficult they're over in a matter of seconds meaning you will be in a load screen for longer than you're actually playing.

All these problems go away if "Arcade" was a proper PvE mode like those found in 3rd person action games, such as Gears of War horde mode, Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, Resident Evil The Mercenaries, even COD zombies... These modes are far more compatible with the For Honor architecture because For Honor is primarily a game about groups of warriors in large maps. Make the PvE mode based around groups of warriors in large maps. It's pretty obvious. Again, it's why Arcade has turned out to be so frustratingly bad, because it neglects and abandons every single core strength For Honor has as an IP and goes directly for RNG in tiny spaces with harasser AI (archers / minions) interfering with the precious three seconds of actual good gameplay you might find.

I spent money on it, FFS. It's so bad it feels deliberate, but I know it's not, so I'm just mad.

Helnekromancer
11-04-2018, 07:39 PM
I did this 3 times in a row with Valkyrie and still didn't get an emote, the last time I finished it, it gave me a single weapon piece..... 1 weapon piece for completing the quest.
You guys have to be joking.

EvoX.
11-05-2018, 10:07 PM
I did this 3 times in a row with Valkyrie and still didn't get an emote, the last time I finished it, it gave me a single weapon piece..... 1 weapon piece for completing the quest.

Exactly my experience today.

I've been seeing posts that the effect is not a one-time-thing, and will be obtainable in the next WQ as well..? Can anyone confirm or deny that, because I thought each week was going to have a different prize.

xSITHxLORDx
11-06-2018, 12:52 AM

I would like to see a Refund feature option.

The dev team at least must give an apology to the new players of the game that buy this arcade mode, because it's impossible to finish the weekly quest.