PDA

View Full Version : The lack of common sense in Breach is downright disgusting

SicKno86
11-02-2018, 10:42 AM
So you'd think over time people would actually get better at a game mode right? Wrong. With Breach it's the other way around. At release time the players were waaaaaaay better, but i guess most those players have moved on already because of unbalance, lightspam, idiot teammates etc, etc. (Evident by Breach being High Activity allot of times for me now instead of Very High Activity)

But anyway, do i have to babysit literally every damn match Ubisoft? Im still playing because of those "great" matches every now and then, but they are sooooo few and far in between now that i just wanna give up at this point.

Players are just "Brawling" 90% of the time now. Especially at or near the healing zone. Why do they insist on running into 1v4's? You are not gonna kill a single enemy. Period. People still walk/run right past dead bodies, the flag/guardian/zones get completely ignored half the time and overall brains just aren't being used.

Again: When it works it works, but the players seem to get dumber and less skilled than before. Atleast at launch i got a sense of "teamplay" in matches. That's pretty much gone now. Not sure if the good players left and the trash stayed behind or if people just don't care to PTFO anymore.

SangLong524
11-02-2018, 11:36 AM
One word: newbies. Cut them some slack
And the whiners. Where do you think they get their materials from? From their failing miserable overinflated self-worth

Illyrian_King
11-02-2018, 12:43 PM
I love Breach, but it's totally true. Bad team mades can really be frustrating and I am tired of carrying the whole team literally every match I play.

Everytime I have the by far highest score, while the worst team mate maybe has 1/3 of my score in the end. This is really reducing the good atmosphaere that Breach offers.

SicKno86
11-02-2018, 02:16 PM
I love Breach, but it's totally true. Bad team mades can really be frustrating and I am tired of carrying the whole team literally every match I play.

Everytime I have the by far highest score, while the worst team mate maybe has 1/3 of my score in the end. This is really reducing the good atmosphaere that Breach offers.

Today i was MvP (again) with around 2200 points. Barely killed any real players because they were just constantly brawling with my team at random parts of the map. I captured literally ALL zones in all three phases singlehandedly as Highlander and reinforced the ram twice. Once i capped all zones, i started killing minions at the ram. Literally no one around on either team for the entire duration.

At the end we won, but two players (A Shinobi and a Gladiator) were sitting on 800 and 900 points. What the hell these guys have been doing this whole time, no one knows.

Yes. I know. I was MvP and we won. Why complain?

BECAUSE IT IS BORING!

Basically all 7 other players were ignoring objectives for the whole 25 minutes. Im seeing this happen allot more compared to when te mode first came out. But yeah, there's not much you can do about it.

Devils-_-legacy
11-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Today i was MvP (again) with around 2200 points. Barely killed any real players because they were just constantly brawling with my team at random parts of the map. I captured literally ALL zones in all three phases singlehandedly as Highlander and reinforced the ram twice. Once i capped all zones, i started killing minions at the ram. Literally no one around on either team for the entire duration.

At the end we won, but two players (A Shinobi and a Gladiator) were sitting on 800 and 900 points. What the hell these guys have been doing this whole time, no one knows.

Yes. I know. I was MvP and we won. Why complain?

BECAUSE IT IS BORING!

Basically all 7 other players were ignoring objectives for the whole 25 minutes. Im seeing this happen allot more compared to when te mode first came out. But yeah, there's not much you can do about it.

I do both sides of this tho i do hate it when im the only one doing the ram specially when it gets heavily damaged because 3 teammates are waiting for a flag to appear.Sometimes you need to distract the enemy so your team can foucus on the ram and objectives I just finished a game by dragging a gank squad away from the commander so my team can swoop in as we were breaking.

DefiledDragon
11-02-2018, 04:21 PM
I think the reason that people are ignoring the objectives is the same reason that I play Tribute and Dominion more than I play Breach, which is that killing minions is boring.

If you're going for objectives in Breach, which I always do when I do decide to play it, it involves killing endless waves of minions, over and over.

I've found that the best way to win as defenders is to keep the ram clear of minions. It literally doesn't move if you keep it clear of minions and other players. I've never quite managed to destroy the ram in phase one yet, but I've had it at the gate, needing only one more hit from the cauldron to destroy it simply by keeping it stalled in the lane while our minions attack it. It's really effective, but it also just involves ploughing through swathes of minions then running to the heal zone when you're done, then running back again to repeat the process once you're healed. It's really effective, but it's also incredibly dull. Conversely, as attackers, shepherding the ram and keeping it clear of defending minions is the best way to win as it speeds the ram up considerably both in movement and in preparation once it reaches the gate but again, it involves killing endless waves of minions. Breach mode is literally PvMinions.

I imagine that most people like to utilise their characters kits while fighting other players, I know I do, but playing for the objectives in Breach is all about killing minions and officers and it's just dull. This is most likely why many people playing Breach are just skirmishing in clear areas, because it's more fun than trying to fight while you're being constantly poked or just fighting nothing but minions.

That's been my experience at any rate.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-02-2018, 04:29 PM
@DefiledDragon,
You can probably get a phase 1 ram bust with 2 Nuxias and Raiders. The Nuxias caltrops can help keep enemy minions away and Inspire on Raider boosts the minion damage on the ram

DefiledDragon
11-02-2018, 04:38 PM
@DefiledDragon,
You can probably get a phase 1 ram bust with 2 Nuxias and Raiders. The Nuxias caltrops can help keep enemy minions away and Inspire on Raider boosts the minion damage on the ram

Yeah I do tend to pick characters with minion boosting effects as it does indeed have a significant effect on the damage they do to the ram. It's definitely a more tactical mode than Dominion by miles and in concept it's great, but I just find it dull in practice.

ArmoredChocobo
11-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Team quality has definitely tanked. Iím convinced very few people solo queue anymore.

Iím not particularly good at For Honor. If Iím ending up #1 or 2, especially on a new character, thereís something terribly wrong with the team.

And thatís been happening a LOT lately.

Helnekromancer
11-02-2018, 05:11 PM
I find PvAI Breach a lot more enjoyable, players revive each other and wait to be revived, know when the banner spawns, use the ballista, use and guard the cauldron,and kill the Guardian.

But when I did played PvP breach me and another players just killed minion waves. He had Shugoki and I played Valkyrie. We both had Regenerate so we didn't need to go to the healing so, just simply jog for walk for 5 seconds to get full health and if anyone came up to us I would time my sweep with his charged Heavy. I never had to use regenerate in Dominion because the map had to healing zones and the maps are small, but with Breach heroes, with the Regenerate feat make Breach a little less stressful.

Other than those games with the Shugoki, everyone was is running to open areas or fighting inside minions just to get poked down, and send hate mail at me as to why I didn't revive them, or get teammates to hit me off the Ballista even though I am hitting enemy players with it and minions. I swear this playerbase on Xbox is braindead, I wish they just make a Free-For-All game mode so they can just run around there. You would think since this is a objective based game mode people would finally use there mics, nope. Still get a silent team and the only time they talk is to scream and whine into the mic.

I have way more fun playing PvAI than PvP when it comes to Breach.

MrBeave
11-02-2018, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE
I have way more fun playing PvAI than PvP when it comes to Breach.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I do this in Dominion too sometimes (when I'm tried of spamming and ganking...which happens pretty quickly) with human teammates against AI. It's just more fun since the AI doesn't really spam so when I get beat it feels more legit. Although bots love to run to zone B and try to clear minions, completely ignoring damage taken as I hack away at them. Fixing that would make playing against AI more fun.

Helnekromancer
11-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Yea I play PvP Dominion every once in awhile to see if I can beat the Wu Lin, with my Nobushi and Valkyrie and to make sure I'm still good, and after 2-3 games of cancer light spamming, teleporting, and attacks going through my block I go to AI to chill for the rest of the day.

lubu523
11-02-2018, 07:27 PM
i agree with you man

as the attacker i keep shouting to get the rampant, not to start Roaming around....

once you get the rampart, a game becomes really easy for the Attacker, they simply need to push the rampart and be done, especially that they get archer support now.

Wookiescantfly
11-03-2018, 04:55 AM
I've one a lot of rounds in phase one with that strat actually. Basically just have 1-2 people with Inspire (You can take Raider for Battlecry as well, which is both an attack buff and a Fear for enemy minions) switch off running the minion lane as their skill CDs, but leave one person in the minion lane while the other flexes balista lane or the cauldron. That leaves the other two for the archer lane. I've had a few rounds where the ram didn't even make it to the door like that.

Jastorm187
11-03-2018, 05:47 AM
PvAI is the way to go in breach. So much more fun, combo between objective and battles.

Especially when you get a good team and are against lvl 3 bots. Such a good fight!! What breach is meant to be.

RealJayDee1984
11-03-2018, 10:08 AM
I have way more fun playing PvAI than PvP when it comes to Breach.
I've barely any experience in PvP Breach, to be honest. PvAI seemed more enjoyable to me pretty much from the start. Then again I'm mostly playing PvAI in all modes these days.

Illyrian_King
11-03-2018, 09:08 PM
I really felt it again today ... despite the bad team mates, the lvl 2 Bots are really a horror for the team that is punished for having them.

Let lvl 3 Bots spawn more often, since the lvl 2 version is utter garbage.

Vordred
11-05-2018, 03:07 AM
i've been noticing this a lot lately, had so many games where everyone just stands around the healing point fighting and ignoring everything else.

just had a game where 6 out of 8 players had under 300 objective score by the end of the match.

i was really enjoying breach, but it has gone to **** lately