PDA

View Full Version : Arcade weekly quests are horrible

MrB3NX
11-02-2018, 05:57 AM
Hello guys ,

this is to ubi team

did you guys made the new effect so no one can obtain it ?

like for real you made the best effect ever just so we can watch it on the collection

i stock miserably in level 2 with +170 gear

( the worst way to waste your time is to try this over and over )

while i heard someone gave up entirely in the advanced levels

why is that ??

why are you burying an awesome game like this ??

not to mention you promised us a dedicated servers but honestly after today's patch it crashed on me +10 times in few hours

FIX YOUR GAME OR WE WILL FIND A BETTER REPLACEMENT !

chukblok
11-02-2018, 01:20 PM
I must admit its infuriating. At least you make it to the second phase. I cant even beat the first.....
I am a huge collector of effects and emotes etc...and ill never get it.
I understand they want it to be rare..but it is a tad crazy.
Do you have to beat the quest? or just attempt it to get a chance at reward?

MrB3NX
11-02-2018, 01:35 PM
I must admit its infuriating. At least you make it to the second phase. I cant even beat the first.....
I am a huge collector of effects and emotes etc...and ill never get it.
I understand they want it to be rare..but it is a tad crazy.
Do you have to beat the quest? or just attempt it to get a chance at reward?

the first level is easy to be fair

but the second level is hell , and you can imagine worse for level 3+4

the effect is a reward only if you complete all weekly quests

just don't waste your time unless someone put it on youtube .

Devils-_-legacy
11-02-2018, 01:42 PM
the first level is easy to be fair

but the second level is hell , and you can imagine worse for level 3+4

the effect is a reward only if you complete all weekly quests

just don't waste your time unless someone put it on youtube .

Tbf the hardest part is round 3 2 shamans and a Kensei with knock down on heavy. It's not impossible to complete but it doesn't drop all in one the effect comes in 3 parts (idel/excution/emotes) it took me 5 go's to get the full effect

chukblok
11-02-2018, 02:16 PM
man i know....Its so frustrating because I love that cosmetic stuff.

chukblok
11-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Tbf the hardest part is round 3 2 shamans and a Kensei with knock down on heavy. It's not impossible to complete but it doesn't drop all in one the effect comes in 3 parts (idel/excution/emotes) it took me 5 go's to get the full effect

Im jealous

Devils-_-legacy
11-02-2018, 02:24 PM
If your struggling find some one to team up with 2 players have a better chance then one and makes the grinding easier one tip tho on round 3 try to parry the Kensei first attack and then foucus on the shamans (Main target should be the one with bleed) just feint and turtle and keep away from the minons

Metalpunk123
11-03-2018, 12:23 AM
Get gud.

I love this mode. I love noobs tears. 😂🤣

Hammelsneid
11-03-2018, 02:59 AM
It's not the difficulty, that bothers me, it's the fact, that after the first completion it's not even guaranteed, that you get one of those 66(!) effects. Played it 3 times in a row again with my only hero I am able to handle it with, it took quite a while, because I only played 1015 hours and I am not that good yet, and I got zero effects after the frist drop.

I do not mind,that it's for random heroes after first completion, but I do mind that it is not a guaranteed drop after that time intensive clusterf**k of a fourth round. Thats not fun, that's not enjoyable, and it definitely makes you feel like the biggest noob, if you are not one of the top 3% players.

Edit: Especially considering that you only have one week to get it.Or do they add the effect of the previous week to the rewards of the next week and I missed that little detail?

Devils-_-legacy
11-03-2018, 01:13 PM
I saw on reddit someone say it will return next quest but does that mean there will be no new effect next weekly quest?

The_B0G_
11-03-2018, 03:32 PM
It's pretty frustrating, I'm sure I could beat it with a friend no problem, but solo is too frustrating to bother, using most characters.

I cleared out one side to fight on, killed both shaman and was squaring off against the Kensei in round 3 with about 3/4 of my health left and boom, the minions respawned directly on top of me from out of thin air and brought me down to less than a bar, then the Kensei ran up and hit me with a zone.

After that I just closed the app, turned Red dead back on.

Styles-M
11-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Well i say it's there for hardcore players .... The "arcade" title really cofuses ... It's not impossible ... I've done my first weekly in about 30-40 minutes of trying .. and it's not just like any fight ... You have to built up a plan how to step-by-step continue ...then it works...
But what bothers me , is that i cannot participate with low lvl geared Heroes ... Just like my new Wu Lin g.o.o.k.s

Helnekromancer
11-03-2018, 07:51 PM
I managed to beat the quest solo with Nobushi 5 times to get the full emote solo but I had to cheese my *** off, putting myself in a corner while the two Shamans pound me, you have to parry both of them, because if you parry one the other will immediately bite you, and once I got Revenge I spammed side dash heavies switching targets. So have fun trying to parry two Shamans as they spam their zone attacks. If you fail to parry they will stun lock you to death.

The two Shamans will relentlessly attack you, so hard they will interrupt each others attacks so if you are about to parry one of their heavies the other will leap over the other one, stopping it's heavy and hitting you. And then you must parry their unblockable while your indicator is have a mini stroke or you lose half your life. They won't wait for you to get the execute off. And if you don't kill at least 1 of the Shamans within 20-30 seconds the Kensei will come and knock you down with a cheap heavy. But if you somehow manage to kill the two Shamans, Kensei becomes the biggest f-ing turtle.

This is the 3rd trial by the way, the 4th is a cake walk, land a heavy one each of the bleeding Shamans and fight the one that isn't bleeding, by the time you kill that one the other two are nearly dead.

I'm trying to complete this with PK but I don't have enough time to kill the two shamans and if I do I have a sliver of health vs the Turtle Kensei. Trying to do this solo is madness, why doesn't this game mode have a queue? Why do I need to have friends? Other people have this mode, why can't I just click on Arcade, click Co-op and wait to find a teammate? This Quest feels like it was made for Co-op and not balanced for Solo, because who in the right mind would sick two lvl 4 Shamans bots on someone?

Oh and btw, for some reason one of the Shamans on the 3rd trail bleeds you for every hit they land while also healing off every attack they land, why wasn't the heal Modifier listed under that Shaman? Is it a bug? It's a cherry on top of the crap Sundae players have to eat to get the emote which also isn't 100% guaranteed. Got two pieces of armor after completing it and almost through my controller at the screen and I'm a pretty chill guy.

Thanks for rekindling my Hatred for Shaman.

chukblok
11-03-2018, 08:10 PM
One of THE worst gaming experiences ive had in 30 years. Not an exageration.
Ive spent hundreds..and i mean hundreds on this game. And defended it. Not this time. I would love a dev to post a clip of themselves beating this solo with all heroes.
I think i need to break from this game for a while. No thought went into this. I feel they just said “hey lets put 2 shamen and a kensei in here...aaaaand yes click click on those modifiers...aaaaaand done. look good guys”.

TheDirtyDonut69
11-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Yeah its terrible. I just beat it with my friend and you don't even get all the effects for your character. I only got the idle effect and my friend got the execution and emote effect. It was a pain doing it once, im not doing it again. With how bs the challenge is they should at least give you all the effects for your character

Athenas.Chosen
11-03-2018, 09:29 PM
I have beat it 3 times now and only received the effect once. This thing is so hard to complete and it doesn't even give you the effect for your character. It gives you one of the 4 possible ones. For example i just got the Idle one but want the execution one. So now its random character and not guaranteed drop? nah im out.

CHUBBYMAN328
11-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Yeah I hope they get some horrible feedback from this quest, if its this difficult it should be guaranteed for the character you're playing and give you all 4

CHUBBYMAN328
11-03-2018, 10:27 PM
It's pretty frustrating, I'm sure I could beat it with a friend no problem, but solo is too frustrating to bother, using most characters.

I cleared out one side to fight on, killed both shaman and was squaring off against the Kensei in round 3 with about 3/4 of my health left and boom, the minions respawned directly on top of me from out of thin air and brought me down to less than a bar, then the Kensei ran up and hit me with a zone.

After that I just closed the app, turned Red dead back on.

Yeah thats how I'm feeling right now, but i want the execution effect for lawbringer so badly, I beat it solo by myself twice in a row and didn't get it, ubisoft needs to fix this quest

Kalsiner
11-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Yeah thats how I'm feeling right now, but i want the execution effect for lawbringer so badly, I beat it solo by myself twice in a row and didn't get it, ubisoft needs to fix this quest

I did it 7 time in a row and... NOTHING ! i hate this.

UbiInsulin
11-04-2018, 01:04 AM
Sorry to hear the quest has been a frustrating one for you guys. Definitely something I can relay to the team.

DefiledDragon
11-04-2018, 02:34 AM
Sorry to hear the quest has been a frustrating one for you guys. Definitely something I can relay to the team.

Have you tried playing through the quest? It's insane, really. A challenge is good but this is ridiculous.

EvoX.
11-04-2018, 04:23 AM
Have you tried playing through the quest? It's insane, really. A challenge is good but this is ridiculous.

It's not even about the challenge, it's that you have a good chance of not getting your reward for going through that BS. Having a prize hidden behind a difficult part of a game is correspondent and tightly knit to it being either/or: fun and rewarding. You can have both of those aspects at the same time (the ideal scenario), you can only have one of them as well, which is respectively for a well made, fun challenge or for dedicated farming that disregards the no-fun factor because you always get what you're doing it for.

This weekly quest? It has neither. Something not being fun while simultaneously not being rewarding is a big no-no when it comes to video games, a fact that can be reached by a child. I don't think whoever was behind this even likes games.