PDA

View Full Version : Is Ubisoft done talking to the community?

The_B0G_
11-01-2018, 08:32 PM
The warriors den is turning into the mainstream media, only telling us what they want us to hear and never what people want to know. Are we going to have a Warrior's Den where we actually talk about balancing heroes, core gameplay direction, the perks feedback, and what the Dev team is planning on doing in the future?

I originally thought that was the whole point in the Warriors Den but look how long it's been since MF released, and we're doing f***ing pumpkin carving contests instead of talking about the game.The last week or two on here have been pretty quiet even on the forum moderator side of things.

I'm starting to think all the feedback was taken off the general discussion just so it would look like everyone was happy, not to make it easier to read and locate.

Knight_Raime
11-01-2018, 09:03 PM
I think it was a pipe dream for you if you expected any changes/talk of changes with the new heros. they've only been out two weeks. and even then only the people who bought marching fire had the heros. No one should be expecting anything about the heros till everyone has had access to them for about a month. The only reason heros in the past got talked about so recently was for very specific reasons. Centurion had a game breaking infinite combo. Shinobi's kick was almost as bad. Shaman's tracking was broken on release. etc.

Also is around holiday time. So of course it's going to be more light hearted. The only thing I was bummed about was no word on the season 7 data. I get that it's a lot of data to comb through and write up. Not just the stats but also their opinion on their data. And they always give us a "what can we expect" at the end of the data explanation. Considering the more recent backlash they got with the last one i'm not surprised they are trying to be more careful this time around.

Regardless though I don't think any of that is an excuse. The data for better or worse is what we're given on why the devs choose to do what they do or don't do. So getting that data to us should be a top priority. And it should be dropping the moment a new season launches.

Obliged_HL
11-01-2018, 09:14 PM
They never talked to us. They'll keep shipping out new ****ing armors and ****ty weekly events while avoiding the important and actually meaningful questions like "when is shugoki being reworked", "we need faster balance changes", "600ms lights are useless". The game is done for, it's best to leave now before it becomes much more painful later on.

The_B0G_
11-01-2018, 09:22 PM
I think it was a pipe dream for you if you expected any changes/talk of changes with the new heros. they've only been out two weeks. and even then only the people who bought marching fire had the heros. No one should be expecting anything about the heros till everyone has had access to them for about a month. The only reason heros in the past got talked about so recently was for very specific reasons. Centurion had a game breaking infinite combo. Shinobi's kick was almost as bad. Shaman's tracking was broken on release. etc.

Also is around holiday time. So of course it's going to be more light hearted. The only thing I was bummed about was no word on the season 7 data. I get that it's a lot of data to comb through and write up. Not just the stats but also their opinion on their data. And they always give us a "what can we expect" at the end of the data explanation. Considering the more recent backlash they got with the last one i'm not surprised they are trying to be more careful this time around.

Regardless though I don't think any of that is an excuse. The data for better or worse is what we're given on why the devs choose to do what they do or don't do. So getting that data to us should be a top priority. And it should be dropping the moment a new season launches.

I meant hero balances in general, not with new heroes, we had a handful that needed balancing months before MF.

I just find that lately we have been in the dark, they could at least discuss hot topics, or at least acknowledge them. Warrior's Den is pretty much just showing us weekly content and community corner, it's not even worth watching any more, they don't say anything of worth. I used to get excited for them.

Knight_Raime
11-01-2018, 09:23 PM
I meant hero balances in general, not with new heroes, we had a handful that needed balancing months before MF.

I just find that lately we have been in the dark, they could at least discuss hot topics, or at least acknowledge them. Warrior's Den is pretty much just showing us weekly content and community corner, it's not even worth watching any more, they don't say anything of worth. I used to get excited for them.

Ah. Well. I can see why you'd be upset then.