PDA

View Full Version : Wu Lin heroes destroyed the fun i had in the game

YuHaze
11-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Here i said it, maybe i ll be less salty IG after getting my *** kicked by some random dumb wit that can spam light and easy combo due to soft feint everywhere, oh boi it's sayan speed mindgames; i play since the beta and the game always giving me a nice feeling even when i was loosing, i found pleasure in trying to be better even as it was, with its flaws.
Now Wu lin wipped clean all my experience in the game and i get crushed every game for the simple reason that whoever is my opponenet, if it's a wu-lin, i know that if i do 3 mistakes in 3 sec i ll be dead. i have tried my best to understand the game before. but now i think i ll just stop playing and wait to get the expansion. every ****ing match i ve played since marching fire came out was a terrible nightmare of random **** hitting me my stuff just wiffed by a tiny bit while i got gutted from outter space by juang jun.
OK now i ll stop or i ll rant for hours.

Knight_Raime
11-01-2018, 09:22 PM
This is what happens when people face something new and buckle rather than try to adapt and learn.
The wu-lin do bring some fundemental changes to the table. Mainly being cancelable dodge attacks (unless you want to count wardens SB) and Nuxia's new trap mechanic.
That being said none of them launched as S tier heros for any game mode. And they all have clear and weighty downsides.

Tiandi is absolutely awful at dealing with undodgable attacks and in combo attacks. Nuxia's traps and deflect are highly situational and easily counterable. her entire offense/mix ups outside her combo lights open her to risk. (which is a breath of fresh air considering how many safe offensive options the game has gotten.) Jiang Jun is very easy to react to and his offensive options are entirely shut out with a well timed dodge. Sifu's stance is also GB vulnerable and very weak to in combo attacks. And shaolin doesn't have an answer to bash based mix ups. It's also entirely easy to keep him out of qi if the person stays on Shaolin and Shaolin doesn't make use of deflect.

Where as other hero releases have been major balance problems on release:

Centurion had an infinite wall combo. Shinobi was basically unpunishable. shaman had stupidly strong tracking. etc.
The worst you could possibly say about the new heros is JJ's damage profile is busted.

While the wu-lin do put some of the old cast to shame it's not like this is a new thing. Dlc heros did the same. And at least the wu-lin heros seem to be properly designed heros for the most part. I feel like they're the best designed heros they've ever actually made. They seemed to be designed in a vaccuum rather than trying to adhere to any specific subset of rules.

Lord_Cherubi
11-02-2018, 01:06 AM
I can already see Tiandi being first in line for Wu Lin reworks.

With lights that fast he's no vanguard at all but just another assasin in disguise. But his heavies take forever to land so if his lights got slowed down he would become useless.

How to spot if a character is messed up? Take a look at how every single Tiandi plays (at least on console), nothing but light spam and light dodge attacks. Any Tiandi who tries to do anything else than that gets stomped into the ground 9 times out of 10.

I haven't played MF that much yet tho so my opinion about him might change a ton of times but as of now, to me he's a cool concept gone wrong at some point.

Illyrian_King
11-02-2018, 01:15 AM
Stop crying and learn how to play ;b

This come from a Lawbringer main, the second worst Hero after the fat boy.

Knight_Raime
11-02-2018, 10:52 AM
I can already see Tiandi being first in line for Wu Lin reworks.

With lights that fast he's no vanguard at all but just another assasin in disguise. But his heavies take forever to land so if his lights got slowed down he would become useless.

How to spot if a character is messed up? Take a look at how every single Tiandi plays (at least on console), nothing but light spam and light dodge attacks. Any Tiandi who tries to do anything else than that gets stomped into the ground 9 times out of 10.

I haven't played MF that much yet tho so my opinion about him might change a ton of times but as of now, to me he's a cool concept gone wrong at some point.

Tiandi is the best hero of the wu-lin faction and it's because of how strong his kit is. having easy access 400ms lights are nice. But they're chain enders. Nuxia/JJ are far more likely to get major changes. Nuxia's traps as is are fundementally broken and will not work at all once people learn to light her out of them on reaction. JJ has no 1v1 offense. The fact that he has quite a few attacks that actually damage you before they hit you and general hit box wonkness are the only things holding him up right now.

Stop crying and learn how to play ;b

This come from a Lawbringer main, the second worst Hero after the fat boy.

I'd say aramusha is second worse in the game. Then maybe LB.

SangLong524
11-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Mope threads like this pop up every single day, nerf threads too.
And then the Heralds of Apocalypse, the death threads

Illyrian_King
11-02-2018, 12:47 PM

Hey don't take LB even the last title he has ^^

Knight_Raime
11-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Hey don't take LB even the last title he has ^^

Lb is still gank king (shaolin being gank queen obv)

Illyrian_King
11-02-2018, 12:57 PM
Lb is still gank king (shaolin being gank queen obv)

He feeds a lot of revenge ... Shrek with a well placed hug can trap an opponent to death in ganks (if his hug was not enough)

Devils-_-legacy
11-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Tiandi is the best hero of the wu-lin faction and it's because of how strong his kit is. having easy access 400ms lights are nice. But they're chain enders. Nuxia/JJ are far more likely to get major changes. Nuxia's traps as is are fundementally broken and will not work at all once people learn to light her out of them on reaction. JJ has no 1v1 offense. The fact that he has quite a few attacks that actually damage you before they hit you and general hit box wonkness are the only things holding him up right now.

I dont really have a problem with tandi other then his supior lights in general but i think he ment there two dodge light chain that is the only move you really see with the influx of tandi users on console

Kamen42
11-02-2018, 02:07 PM
I said it before, I will say it again. Wu Lin are not broken, they are new. Every time a new character is released they are considered OP for a few weeks. Remember Aramusha? How he was OP? And where is he now? Considered one of the worst characters in the game. Yet since the release he mostly got buffed, so he is better than when released.

PROH4MSTER
11-02-2018, 04:14 PM
I believe Jiang Jun is imbalance character, because he can fast rearm his endurance and make hit for 2 helth bars,make fast punches for max damage. But new assassin-Nuxia,need to be upped, because she hasnt good combinations and has low damage.

MrGrippz
11-02-2018, 04:33 PM
They just need to make the older characters viable with soft feint / unblockable metas like the Wu Lin.

Like my rep 50 Cent parried a Shaolin yesterday & whiffed on the heavy attack cuz the Shaolins animation after getting parried backed him out of attack distance.

I was so pissed lol.